Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library!
Wellington Public Library and area organizations have been working 9-5 with United Way of Larimer County (UWLC) to bring Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library to northern Colorado!
WHAT IS IT?
A book gifting program that mails free books to children from birth to age five in participating communities.
- Provide the gift of literacy for all children, birth to age five
- Inspire children to love books and reading
- Support parents and communities in fostering a child’s success
WHO IS INVOLVED?
- United Way of Larimer County is the local Affiliate to Imagination Library and is instrumental in organizing and running the program. UWLC’s partnership with the Imagination Library ensures all area children can have a great selection of books at home.
- Wellington Public Library is a Champion and Core Business Partner that helps support and raise awareness of Imagination Library and its affiliate in the community. We have an important role as an enrollment partner with UWLC to help them promote the program and sign up young children ages 0-5 to receive monthly book deliveries. Other Core Business Partners and Champions include Loveland Public Library, Estes Valley Public Library District, Fort Collins and Loveland Rotary Groups, and The Friends of the Library 501C affiliates. Additional partners will continue to come on board to assist the program.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Larimer County families enroll their children at birth, or any time after birth through age 5, through United Way of Larimer County. Every month until age 5, a free age-appropriate book is mailed directly to the child’s home with the child’s name on the envelope.
Please be aware of the 8-10 week processing period for new registrations. Children who are registered by the 25th day of the month will receive their first book within ten weeks from the registration date. For example, registrations submitted by February 25th will receive their first book by April 31st.
HOW TO ENROLL:
1. Online direct at https://imaginationlibrary.com/usa/affiliate/COLARIMER/ or via the UWLC website at https://uwaylc.org/ImaginationLibrary/
2. Via paper form (bilingual) located at the libraries and with Community Outreach
About Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library:
Since launching in 1995, Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library has become the preeminent early childhood book gifting program in the world. The flagship program of The Dollywood Foundation has mailed well over 100 million free books in Australia, Canada, The Republic of Ireland, United Kingdom and the United States. The Imagination Library mails more than 1.4 million high-quality, age-appropriate books each month to registered children from birth to age five. Dolly envisioned creating a lifelong love of reading, inspiring them to dream. The impact of the program has been widely researched and results suggest positive increases in key early childhood literacy metrics. Penguin Random House is the exclusive publisher for Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library.
For more information, please visit imaginationlibrary.com!