WHAT ARE THE LIBRARY’S HOURS?
Starting Monday, April 19, the library will be open at the following times:
WHAT LIBRARY SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE CURRENTLY?
Community members will have access to all of the library’s books, movies, and audiobooks. There is a 12-person limit on patrons within the library at this time. Computers and printing are available for 30 minute sessions. You may also visit our Used Book Store. WiFi is available in the parking lot and from the bench outside the library. Visit our services page for more information.
DO I NEED A LIBRARY CARD TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
You don’t need a card to make an appointment, but you will need a card to check out library materials. If you don’t have a card, you can get one at the circulation desk, or curbside if you prefer. Bring photo ID and proof of address.
WHAT SORT OF GUIDELINES ARE CURRENTLY IN PLACE?
In a concerted effort to protect the health and safety of ALL patrons, visitors, and staff, please follow and respect the requirements for limited public engagement within Wellington Public Library so we can remain open for all residents.
- Patrons and visitors should not enter the building if they are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 including variants, or have recently been in contact with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19. This includes any and all quarantine cases
- All staff members are health checked prior to and following any and all employment hours or scheduled shifts
- Snug fitting and CDC approved masks that cover the mouth and nose are required for entrance for ages 10 and up regardless of personal vaccine status
- All visitors must use the provided hand sanitizer before entrance due to our numerous tactile surfaces within the library
- Social distancing of all parties is to remain at six-feet apart
- Patrons and visitors are limited to 12 at any given time within the library. Family units of 4 or less are counted as 1 visitor only when remaining together throughout visit and respecting distancing from other patrons
- Ventilation will be utilized during publicly open hours as will sanitization and cleaning. This will also occur before and after hours
- All signage and staff requests in regard to COVID-19 protocols must be respected and followed so we can remain open to all of our residents and patrons
- For those that cannot comply with the entrance and patronage requirements, for any reason personally or medically, we will continue to offer outdoor curb-side use for your comfort and continued access to media and services
- Each patron or visitor can remain inside the building for 30-minute increments. If there is no queue or appointments scheduled, the staff has discretion to allot more time if necessary
- Computer usage is limited to 30-minute increments. If there is no queue or computer appointment scheduled, the staff has discretion to allot more time if necessary
We at Wellington Public Library thank you for understanding and your patience so that we can remain open publicly for all residents, both current and new.
For questions or to schedule an appointment or visit, please feel free to contact us via phone, email, or social media platforms. We are here to assist you and cannot wait to see you inside browsing our newest materials.
CAN I STILL RETURN LIBRARY MATERIALS THROUGH THE BOOK DROP?
All materials need to be returned through our book drop, which is open 24 hours/day.
WHEN WILL MY LIBRARY MATERIALS BE DUE?
All items have normal due dates. (Books/Audiobooks 3 weeks, DVDs 1 week)
DO I HAVE TO COME INTO THE LIBRARY TO PICK UP A HOLD? HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO PICK UP MY HOLDS?
We are still offering curbside pickup. You do not have to make an appointment or enter the library to pick up your hold. After we have called you to tell you your hold is ready, come to the library and ring the bell by the window or door. We will gather your items and meet you at the window. You will have one week to pick up holds before they are put back on the shelf.
WILL LIBRARY MATERIALS BE SANITIZED AFTER THEY ARE RETURNED?
Library materials will be quarantined according to CDC recommendations (24 hours for items that can be sanitized and 3 days for items that cannot.…CDs & DVDs). The items will be left on your account for 1-3 days after you turn them in, they will be sanitized, and no fines will be added to your account during that time period.