The Wellington Library Friends are a hard-working group of volunteers committed to fulfilling the mission of the library. We work closely with the library staff to identify projects, equipment, or events that the Friends can provide financial or other means of support to help ensure success.
Examples of recent Friends’ involvement with the library include:
- Providing recognition prizes and refreshments for library activities geared to all ages
- Financial support for the Children’s Summer Reading Program
- Purchase of a series of science books for young readers
- Support of visiting speaker presentation
- Supporting purchase of supplies such as headphones for computers
- Providing treats for the library’s annual Open House for the community in January
- Providing water bottles and power bars to reward patrons who bike to the library
The sale of books, movies and magazines in the UBS (Used Book Store) generates the funding necessary to support the work of the Friends. The UBS is located across the hall from the library. We encourage you to browse the selection, and support the Friends by making purchases. Most books are priced at a dollar or less. A limited number of special items may be a few dollars more. Fun, special sales are held throughout the year.
For our UBS, we welcome donations of used books in good condition. We particularly welcome donations of mysteries, good fiction, and books for children and young adults. We also appreciate books about gardening, history, and animals. We do not accept magazines, text books, encyclopedias, or books where the material is out of date. Please bring your gently used books to the library and give them to library staff. The library staff first review donations to see if they want to add any items to the library collection. Please know that your donation will help support our library community.
Interested in joining the Wellington Library Friends? Please contact MaryAnne Martell at
970-568-3401 for further information. We meet monthly on the first Monday at 4:15 in the library. Annual dues are just $10.00.