The Wellington Library Friends 501(c)(3) is a hard-working group of volunteers committed to supporting the mission of the Library. We work closely with the library staff to identify projects, equipment, or events where the Friends can provide financial or other means of support.
The Friends secured its 501(c)(3) status in 2019 and as a non-profit is able to apply for grants to help the Library. Examples of recent Friends’ involvement with the library include:
- Helped secure a $2000 grant from the Fort Collins Rotary Club to purchase tables, chairs, a flannel board, floor mats, and other supplies to enhance the Children’s Preschool and Toddler StoryTimes. Mandy Coy, a member of the Grants Committee, wrote the grant.
- Updated the out-of-date public computers in the library with a gift of nine “nearly new” computers donated by Colorado State University. Special thanks to the CSU School of Business and University Libraries!
- Received a donation from a private trust that provided new tables and chairs for the public computers, greatly enhancing the look and comfort of the computer area in the Library. The Trust donated an additional amount for furniture/equipment for the Library.
- Assisted the Library with the celebration in June for the Library’s 40th anniversary, provided treats, a visit from the Fire Truck for the kids and a banner celebrating the Library on Cleveland Avenue.
- Contributed to the Summer Reading Program, community events and speakers.
Interested in joining Friends? Please contact MaryAnne Martell at 970-568-3401. Send correspondence to: Wellington Library Friends, PO Box 1383, Wellington, CO 80549 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Used Book Store
The Library Friends operates the Used Book Store (UBS) across the hall from the library in the Leeper Center. Sales of books, DVDs, audio books and other items generate funding to support the work of the Friends who help support the programs and services of the Library.
We invite you to browse the Book Store and support us by making purchases. Prices for hardback books and DVDs are $1, paperbacks are fifty cents, and children’s and young adult books are only twenty five cents each. A select number of special items may be a few dollars more. Special sales are held a few times a year.
The Book Store is an on-your-honor store. Please take your purchases to the circulation desk in the Library to pay for the items. Cash or check is acceptable. Please make checks out to: Wellington Library Friends
We welcome donations of used books in good condition. We particularly appreciate donations in these categories: children and young adult books, mysteries, fiction and literature, gardening, crafts, cookbooks, history, western and outdoors, biography, and animals.
We do not accept romance, magazines, text books, encyclopedias, or books in topics that are out of date.
Please bring your donations to the Library. The Library staff first review donations to see if they want to add them to the library collection. The remainder go to the Library Friends. All books donated become the property of the Library or the Friends. The Friends do not appraise items for tax purposes. That is the responsibility of the donor.
The Friends accept monetary donations which support the services and programs offered at the Library. As a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, your donation may be tax-deductible under the IRS tax laws. Please consult your accountant for detailed information. A receipt can be provided upon request and for all donations over $250.00. Please make checks payable to the Wellington Library Friends. Monetary donations can be dropped off at the circulation desk or mailed to:
Wellington Library Friends
PO Box 1383
Wellington, CO 80549
Thank you for donating to your library!