ONE BOOK COLORADO GIVEAWAY: OCTOBER 13TH-26TH
Access to quality books and early literacy efforts are so important, particularly for low-income families. Research shows that children in low-income families tend to have fewer books in their homes and are exposed to 30 million fewer words before the age of four than their higher-income peers. One Book Colorado aims to help close this gap by getting a book into the home of every four-year-old in Colorado and fostering a culture of reading. A child must first learn to read, before they can read to learn.
Book Giveaway: Tuesday, October 13th through Sunday, October 25th
- Back for its ninth year, the One Book Colorado program is giving away free a copy of a selected book title to each four-year-old in the state!
- This year Wellington Public Library will be giving out free copies of the winning picture book (title to be announced October 13th) between October 13th and October 26th, 2020.
- Books will be available in English and Spanish.
- Come visit us in the library to pick up a copy or ask at the pickup window.
- For families with 4-year-old children and learning readers (One book per family, please).
- No registration required.
- Research shows that 4-year-olds who have access to books and adults who read to them will be more likely to be ready to read when they start kindergarten.