UPCOMING GENERAL ELECTION: NOVEMBER 3, 2020
This election will be for Federal (Including President/Vice President), State, and Local Candidates as well as State and Local ballot questions and issues.
Ballots will be mailed the week of October 12, 2020.
Register to Vote online at GoVoteColorado.gov
On the Colorado Secretary of State’s website, GoVoteColorado.gov, you can:
- register to vote
- check on your ballot status
- update your registration (change of address)
- review your voter registration, and find your polling place.
Register by October 26, 2020, on GoVoteColorado.gov and still get a ballot in the mail. After this date, drop your completed ballot in a drop-box location.
- October 9 – Counties will begin mailing ballots. View my sample ballot.
- October 26 – deadline to register to vote or update your registration and still receive a ballot in the mail.
- October 26 – Last suggested day to return a ballot through the mail. After this date, voters should visit a drop-box or vote center to drop off their ballot.
- November 3 – Election Day! In Colorado, you can register to vote and vote in person up to 7:00 PM on Election Day.
Not able to register to vote online and still want a mail ballot?
Pick up a paper voter registration form at the library or download and print one: Paper Voter Registration Form (PDF) / Formulario de Registración de Votante de Colorado (PDF). Paper registration forms must be submitted to your County Clerk and Recorder’s Office.
Be an Educated Voter: prepare to vote with Vote411.org
The League of Women Voters offers a website, Vote411.org, with unbiased information about what’s on your ballot. View candidate answers side-by-side and decide for yourself who will best represent you. Visit Vote 411 Colorado
Local Voter service and drop-off locations:
- River of Life Fellowship will serve as Voter Services and Polling Center Location for the Wellington area (address: 3161 E. County Rd 62E W, Wellington, CO). This location will be open for active voting on Tuesday, November 3 ONLY.
- Find the Ballot Drop-off Box located at the Wellington Public Library (3800 Wilson Ave.) on the west side of the building at the end of the parking lot.
- In order for your vote to be counted, your Ballot must be submitted by 7:00 pm on November 3.
To find additional polling centers or dropbox locations in Larimer County, visit www.larimer.org/clerk/elections
Not a Larimer County Resident? Find your County Clerk and Recorder’s Office
Resources available at the Wellington Public Library:
- Paper registration forms to register to vote (English and Spanish)
- Colorado Blue Books are available online…Paper copies are on their way.
- 2020 Ballot Issues published by LWV (League of Women Voters)
American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Per the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Larimer County will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with a disability who need assistance. Services can be arranged with at least seven business days’ notice. Please email the County at email@example.com or call (970) 498-7820 or Relay Colorado 711. “Walk-in” requests for auxiliary aids and services will be honored to the extent possible but may be unavailable if advance notice is not provided.
ADA accessible voting machines available at any Voter Service and Polling Center
Voting Tips During COVID-19
If dropping off the ballot for someone else, make sure they sign and date in the proper space on the envelope. People who are housebound, or do not want to go out because of COVID-19, can have someone drop it off for them.
Mailed ballots must be received (not postmarked) by election day, Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at 7:00 PM.
It’s recommended that ballots sent through the U.S. Postal Service should be mailed by Monday, October 26, 2020, to ensure on-time delivery. Voters may use drop boxes if they don’t think it can be mailed in time. If it is sent using the postal service, a forever postage stamp (55 cents) should cover mailing costs.
Helpful resource: https://www.larimer.org/clerk/elections/resources
Larimer County Elections Office:
200 W. Oak St., Suite 5100, Fort Collins, CO 80521
PO Box 1547, Fort Collins CO 80522
HOURS: Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm (except holidays)
PHONE: (970) 498-7820
FAX: (970) 498-7847