"The only words that ever satisfied me as describing Nature are the terms used in fairy books, charm, spell, enchantment. They express the arbitrariness of the fact and its mystery."
—Gilbert Keith Chesterton (1874-1936) British writer, critic
- Czech tourists freed in Pakistan Sat, 28 Mar 2015 11:47:38 GMT
- Two Czech women tourists kidnapped two years ago in Pakistan have been released and have returned home, the Czech PM says.
- Brazil's economy grew 0.1% in 2014 Fri, 27 Mar 2015 13:53:44 GMT
- Brazil, the world's seventh largest economy, narrowly avoided contracting in 2014 with a growth rate of just 0.1% for the year.
- Israel to resume tax transfers to PA Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:29:12 GMT
- Israel is to stop withholding tax revenues collected on behalf of the Palestinian Authority, a move that has crippled the Palestinian economy.
- Apple boss 'to donate $800m fortune' Sat, 28 Mar 2015 09:48:03 GMT
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says he will give away most of his $800m (£537m) fortune to good causes before he dies.
- Briton's father in plea to airlines Sat, 28 Mar 2015 17:07:26 GMT
- The father of a British man killed in the Alps air crash urges airlines to look after pilots "properly", saying the victims of the disaster should "never be forgotten".
- Cameron promises 'seven-day NHS' Sat, 28 Mar 2015 13:27:36 GMT
- All hospitals in England will provide "a truly seven-day NHS" by 2020 under a future Conservative government, David Cameron says.
- SNP will make change 'for all UK' Sat, 28 Mar 2015 18:10:42 GMT
- SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon says her party will reform the "discredited Westminster system" for ordinary people, wherever they are in the UK.
- Policeman charged with wife's murder Sat, 28 Mar 2015 12:35:24 GMT
- A police constable appears in court charged with murdering his wife in Northamptonshire.
- Week in pictures: 21-27 March 2015 Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:02:40 GMT
- A selection of the best news photographs from around the world, taken over the past week.
- Kathmandu graffiti Fri, 27 Mar 2015 09:08:49 GMT
- The walls of the Nepali capital come to life
- Day in pictures: 27 March 2015 Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:31:23 GMT
- Images from around the world: 27 March
- In pictures: I'm not voting because... Thu, 26 Mar 2015 04:30:52 GMT
- Denise Felkin's MA project
- Photos give insight into 1960s life Mon, 23 Mar 2015 09:52:44 GMT
- A collection of 18,000 negatives of Wales
- In pictures: Alps plane search operation resumes Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:40:50 GMT
- A search and recovery operation resumes in the southern French Alps
- Day in pictures: 26 March 2015 Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:35:09 GMT
- Images from around the world: 26 March