"Generally speaking, men are influenced by books which clarify their own thought, which express their own notions well, or which suggest to them ideas which their minds are already predisposed to accept."
—Carl Lotus Becker (1873-1945) American historian
- Schools named after Peshawar victims Fri, 06 Mar 2015 13:05:21 GMT
- Pakistani authorities rename 107 schools in honour of the victims of last year's massacre of children and teachers at a school in Peshawar.
- Call to double monitors in Ukraine Fri, 06 Mar 2015 21:01:44 GMT
- Russia and Germany call for the number of OSCE observers monitoring a truce in eastern Ukraine to rise from 500 to 1,000.
- Argentina prosecutor 'was murdered' Thu, 05 Mar 2015 21:41:20 GMT
- Independent tests show that Argentine prosecutor Alberto Nisman was deliberately killed, his family says, ruling out accident or suicide.
- Syria Nusra chief 'killed in strike' Fri, 06 Mar 2015 17:25:06 GMT
- The military commander of Syria's al-Nusra Front militant group, Abu Homam al-Shami, is reportedly killed in an air strike.
- Snowden yearns for Switzerland move Fri, 06 Mar 2015 19:14:41 GMT
- The fugitive US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden tells a Swiss audience he would love to get asylum in Switzerland.
- Syria girls' families accuse police Sat, 07 Mar 2015 01:25:46 GMT
- Relatives of three UK schoolgirls believed to be in Syria criticise police for not passing on "vital" information before they disappeared.
- Every police force facing major cuts Sat, 07 Mar 2015 03:32:50 GMT
- Every police force in England and Wales is preparing for dealing with major budget cuts over the next five years, BBC research finds.
- Scotland 'cannot afford' Tory win Sat, 07 Mar 2015 03:11:31 GMT
- Scotland cannot afford the risk of the Conservatives emerging as the largest party in the May UK election, Labour leader Ed Miliband will say.
- NHS 'whistleblower' demands new job Sat, 07 Mar 2015 03:29:19 GMT
- A former NHS boss who says he was sacked for raising patient safety concerns has called for an apology and a "comparable" job.
- Day in pictures: 6 March 2015 Fri, 06 Mar 2015 14:13:52 GMT
- Images from around the world: 6 March
- In pictures: Child migrants on Lampedusa Thu, 05 Mar 2015 23:07:47 GMT
- Unaccompanied children from North Africa
- In pictures: Chile volcano eruption Wed, 04 Mar 2015 09:35:02 GMT
- Villarrica volcano in southern Chile has erupted
- How did WW2 change the way people dressed? Thu, 05 Mar 2015 00:39:26 GMT
- How did WW2 change the way people dressed?
- In pictures: Cape Town wildfires Wed, 04 Mar 2015 14:59:27 GMT
- Blazes on the outskirts of Cape Town
- Day in pictures Thu, 05 Mar 2015 13:17:54 GMT
- Images from around the world: 5 March