"The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it."
—James Bryce (1838-1922) British diplomat, historian, known as First Viscount Bryce of Dechmont
- Singapore advises against Lee queues Fri, 27 Mar 2015 15:13:24 GMT
- Singapore urges people not to join the queue to view Lee Kuan Yew lying in state, while India declares a day of national mourning for the statesman.
- Russia keeper Akinfeev hit by flare Fri, 27 Mar 2015 23:59:50 GMT
- Russia goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev is struck by a flare as their Euro 2016 qualifier with Montenegro is abandoned.
- Brazil's economy grew 0.1% in 2014 Fri, 27 Mar 2015 13:53:44 GMT
- Brazil, the world's seventh largest economy, narrowly avoided contracting in 2014 with a growth rate of just 0.1% for the year.
- Israel to resume tax transfers to PA Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:29:12 GMT
- Israel is to stop withholding tax revenues collected on behalf of the Palestinian Authority, a move that has crippled the Palestinian economy.
- Olympic 400m runner Barnaby dies Sat, 28 Mar 2015 14:19:38 GMT
- Canadian Olympic 400m runner Daundre Barnaby dies in a swimming accident on the Caribbean island of St Kitts, aged 24.
- Cameron promises 'seven-day NHS' Sat, 28 Mar 2015 13:27:36 GMT
- All hospitals in England will provide "a truly seven-day NHS" by 2020 under a future Conservative government, David Cameron says.
- Policeman charged with wife's murder Sat, 28 Mar 2015 12:35:24 GMT
- A police constable appears in court charged with murdering his wife in Northamptonshire.
- SNP will make change 'for all UK' Sat, 28 Mar 2015 16:00:06 GMT
- The leader of the SNP promises that her party will "shake up and reform" the discredited Westminster system for ordinary people, wherever they live in the UK.
- Man in court over 'skunk' cannabis Sat, 28 Mar 2015 11:07:46 GMT
- A 37-year-old man is remanded in custody charged over an international investigation into the supply of cannabis to Northern Ireland.
- Week in pictures: 21-27 March 2015 Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:02:40 GMT
- A selection of the best news photographs from around the world, taken over the past week.
- Kathmandu graffiti Fri, 27 Mar 2015 09:08:49 GMT
- The walls of the Nepali capital come to life
- Day in pictures: 27 March 2015 Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:31:23 GMT
- Images from around the world: 27 March
- In pictures: I'm not voting because... Thu, 26 Mar 2015 04:30:52 GMT
- Denise Felkin's MA project
- Photos give insight into 1960s life Mon, 23 Mar 2015 09:52:44 GMT
- A collection of 18,000 negatives of Wales
- In pictures: Alps plane search operation resumes Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:40:50 GMT
- A search and recovery operation resumes in the southern French Alps