"It does not matter how many books you have, but how good the books are which you have."
—Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC?-AD 65) [The Younger] Roman Stoic philosopher, writer, tutor
- Ukraine rebel in ceasefire warning Sat, 18 Apr 2015 14:11:25 GMT
- A senior separatist leader in eastern Ukraine says a ceasefire deal will fail unless Kiev recognises the independence of rebel-held territory.
- Three dead in Mexican gun battle Sat, 18 Apr 2015 05:35:03 GMT
- A gun battle leaves three dead on the streets of Reynosa, a Mexican city on the border with the US that has been plagued by drug cartel violence.
- Saudis meet Yemen aid call Sat, 18 Apr 2015 11:15:39 GMT
- Saudi Arabia, which is leading an air campaign against rebels in Yemen, has pledged the $274m (£183m; €255m) in aid to the country called for by the UN.
- Boston bomber 'shouldn't be executed' Fri, 17 Apr 2015 18:49:18 GMT
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should spend life in prison without parole, write the parents of the youngest victim of Boston marathon attack
- Tories plan Lloyds shares public sale Sun, 19 Apr 2015 07:44:11 GMT
- Up to £4bn worth of Lloyds Bank shares would be offered to the general public if the Conservatives win the election, David Cameron is to announce.
- Son sought over double family murder Sat, 18 Apr 2015 19:01:24 GMT
- Police investigating the murders of a mother and her daughter in Merseyside urgently want to trace one of their relatives.
- Clarkson describes cancer scare Sun, 19 Apr 2015 04:31:23 GMT
- Former Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson reveals doctors told him a lump on his tongue was "probably cancer" two days before he hit a BBC producer.
- Labour warns of fewer nurses in NHS Sat, 18 Apr 2015 23:54:33 GMT
- There will be 2,000 fewer NHS nurses in England over the next four years according to projections, Labour says, but the Conservatives say the figures are old.
- Week in pictures: 11-17 April 2015 Fri, 17 Apr 2015 13:07:39 GMT
- A selection of the best news photographs from around the world, taken over the past week.
- Street fashion: Tokyo Camera Style Wed, 15 Apr 2015 20:53:31 GMT
- Film cameras spotted on the streets of Tokyo
- Election 2015 in pictures: 16 April Thu, 16 Apr 2015 15:02:29 GMT
- Images from the campaign trail: 16 April
- Bedrooms of the remembered Mon, 13 Apr 2015 19:58:00 GMT
- The untouched bedrooms of the child victims of Sewol ferry disaster
- Election 2015 in pictures: 15 April Wed, 15 Apr 2015 15:07:53 GMT
- Images from the campaign trail: 15 April
- The forgotten mosques of Delhi Mon, 13 Apr 2015 02:09:22 GMT
- Hashim Ahmad Hakeem documents the forgotten mosques of Delhi
- Election 2015 in pictures: 14 April Tue, 14 Apr 2015 16:47:01 GMT
- Images from the campaign trail: 14 April