"It may not seem like much, but think of the consequences. One overdue library book today, the collapse of the universe by the end of the week."
- Tourists flock to 'see democracy' Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:49:55 GMT
- Taiwan's local elections are a tourist attraction for Chinese visitors.
- Anger at 'no single women' signs Tue, 25 Nov 2014 08:32:23 GMT
- Restaurants in conservative Arab kingdom worried about 'flirting'.
- Plastic bag protest in Ivory Coast Tue, 25 Nov 2014 17:27:11 GMT
- Police in Ivory Coast fire tear gas and use batons to disperse crowds protesting about a ban on plastic bags used to carry water.
- Bangladesh 'Hajj critic' is arrested Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:28:25 GMT
- A senior Bangladeshi politician who criticised the annual Hajj pilgrimage made by Muslims to Mecca is arrested in Dhaka for insulting Islam.
- French dad loses adoption fight Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:12:47 GMT
- A French appeal court refuses to allow a father to take custody of his biological son, who was given up for adoption by his mother.
- Peru probes 500 sea lion deaths Mon, 24 Nov 2014 01:24:15 GMT
- Peru's environmental police launch an investigation into the deaths of some 500 sea lions found on a northern beach.
- Cairo building collapse kills 17 Tue, 25 Nov 2014 18:25:40 GMT
- Rescue teams are searching for survivors in the rubble of a block of flats that collapsed in Egypt's capital Cairo, killing at least 17 people.
- US defence secretary to step down Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:54:20 GMT
- Chuck Hagel has resigned as US defence secretary after less than two years in the post, following a series of meetings with President Barack Obama.
- PM warns net firms after Rigby murder Tue, 25 Nov 2014 19:29:32 GMT
- David Cameron says internet companies must act on terrorist material, after it emerges one of Lee Rigby's killers spoke on Facebook about wanting to murder a soldier.
- Girl died after stem cell transplant Tue, 25 Nov 2014 18:56:59 GMT
- A problem with the freezing of stem cells may have contributed to the death of a 12-year-old girl with cancer, a coroner rules.
- Web 'predator' murdered schoolboy Tue, 25 Nov 2014 18:51:12 GMT
- An "internet predator" admits stabbing to death a 14-year-old boy after meeting him online.
- '100 suggestions' to chair abuse probe Tue, 25 Nov 2014 18:03:15 GMT
- More than 100 names have been suggested to chair an inquiry into historic child abuse, the top civil servant at the Home Office tells MPs.
- In pictures: Ruling sparks rioting in US town of Ferguson Tue, 25 Nov 2014 13:45:45 GMT
- Night of unrest follows a jury's decision
- The dangerous beauty of the Himalayas Sun, 23 Nov 2014 00:15:29 GMT
- The dangerous beauty of the Himalayas
- Week in pictures: 15-21 November 2014 Fri, 21 Nov 2014 16:43:22 GMT
- The best news photos from around the world