"Wisdom is perishable. Unlike information or knowledge, it cannot be stored in a computer or recorded in a book. It expires with each passing generation."
- China's super-rich communist Buddhists Thu, 29 Jan 2015 01:35:29 GMT
- There are new signs that while a crackdown on Tibetan nationalism continues, China may be softening its position towards the Tibetan Buddhism, and even the Dalai Lama.
- Florida cat crawls out of grave Wed, 28 Jan 2015 10:37:01 GMT
- A cat in Florida who was presumed dead after being run over appears five days later having somehow escaped its grave.
- Port spat puts squeeze on US islands Thu, 29 Jan 2015 15:57:34 GMT
- Congestion in US ports means the Pacific island territory of American Samoa is running out of basic supplies.
- Chad 'forces Boko Haram from town' Thu, 29 Jan 2015 16:13:21 GMT
- Chad's army has driven Boko Haram militants out of Malumfatori town in north-eastern Nigeria, a senior official from Niger tells the BBC.
- Uber sued over India rape allegation Fri, 30 Jan 2015 06:03:17 GMT
- An Indian woman who says she was raped by a Delhi driver of web-based taxi firm Uber files a lawsuit against the service in a US court.
- Greece to seek 'common ground' Thu, 29 Jan 2015 18:22:35 GMT
- European Parliament President Martin Schulz says Greece will seek "common ground" with its European partners after meeting Alexis Tsipras.
- Deadly blast hits Mexico hospital Thu, 29 Jan 2015 22:35:00 GMT
- A gas tank lorry explodes outside a maternity and children's hospital in Mexico City, killing a woman and a baby.
- Hezbollah 'wants no Israel conflict' Thu, 29 Jan 2015 17:07:29 GMT
- Israel says it has received a message from Lebanese militant group Hezbollah indicating it opposes military escalation after lethal clashes.
- Fugitive treasure hunter in court Thu, 29 Jan 2015 18:14:34 GMT
- Tommy Thompson appears in court after two years on the run, accused of cheating investors out of proceeds from a 19th century shipwreck haul.
- Labour peer backs private role in NHS Thu, 29 Jan 2015 22:39:00 GMT
- Former Labour health minister Lord Darzi tells BBC's Newsnight it is irrelevant whether NHS care is delivered by the private or the public sector.
- Churchill's funeral anniversary marked Fri, 30 Jan 2015 00:48:46 GMT
- A series of events in London is set to mark the 50th anniversary of the state funeral of Sir Winston Churchill.
- Police corruption efforts criticised Fri, 30 Jan 2015 00:01:41 GMT
- Police forces in England and Wales lack the capability to investigate corruption among their officers and staff, inspectors say.
- Lack of oversight 'damaging schools' Fri, 30 Jan 2015 01:35:32 GMT
- MPs say problems in some more autonomous schools have been picked up too late because of lack of oversight by the government.
- Your pictures: City skylines Wed, 28 Jan 2015 15:50:51 GMT
- Readers' photos on the theme of "city skylines"
- Day in pictures: 28 January 2015 Wed, 28 Jan 2015 12:22:02 GMT
- Images from around the world: 28 January