"No two persons ever read the same book."
—Edmund Wilson (1895-1972) American literary critic, Axel's Castle, Patriotic Gore
- Yoox agrees Net-a-Porter deal Tue, 31 Mar 2015 07:59:39 GMT
- Italian online fashion retailer Yoox agrees an all-share merger deal London-based rival Net-a-Porter.
- Attacks hit BA, GitHub and Slack Mon, 30 Mar 2015 11:59:12 GMT
- British Airways' Executive Club, the code-sharing site GitHub and the work chat service Slack have all been hit by cyber-attacks.
- VIDEO: Farmers test out 'flying sheepdog' Mon, 30 Mar 2015 14:33:56 GMT
- Paul Brennan talks to the BBC about sending a drone up to herd his sheep.
- Depp injury delays Pirates filming Tue, 31 Mar 2015 07:16:34 GMT
- Filming on the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean film is delayed until 15 April as star Johnny Depp continues to recover from a hand injury.
- Anger as Zayn Malik song is released Tue, 31 Mar 2015 06:58:42 GMT
- Louis Tomlinson calls Naughty Boy "inconsiderate" as a new Zayn Malik track is shared on Twitter.
- Ants in space grapple with zero-g Tue, 31 Mar 2015 08:09:26 GMT
- A study finds that ants on board the International Space Station still use teamwork to search new areas, despite falling off the walls of their containers for up to eight seconds.
- Solar aeroplane lands in China Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:37:04 GMT
- Solar Impulse, the fuel-free aeroplane, lands in Chongqing, China, to complete leg five of its attempt to fly around the world.
- Guinea declares Ebola 'emergency' Sun, 29 Mar 2015 00:00:41 GMT
- Guinean President Alpha Conde has declared a 45-day "health emergency" in five regions in the west and southwest of the Ebola-hit nation.
- Office workers 'too sedentary' Fri, 27 Mar 2015 01:54:21 GMT
- Office workers need to get up and move around more, according to a new campaign.
- Hamilton deal could be worth £27m Mon, 30 Mar 2015 20:59:17 GMT
- World champion Lewis Hamilton expects to sign a new Mercedes contract this week that could be worth more than £27m a year.
- Australia announce Ashes squad Mon, 30 Mar 2015 23:38:00 GMT
- Adam Voges and Fawad Ahmed are included in Australia's 17-man squad to play England in this summer's Ashes Test series.
- America's most generous con artist Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:53:47 GMT
- Mark Landis spent 30 years donating works of art to respected museums and galleries - but the pictures were fakes that he had created himself.
- I nearly drowned in chocolate Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:55:30 GMT
- A Syrian refugee tells how he nearly drowned in a lorry of melted chocolate as he tried to enter the UK.
- Porpoises use 'sound searchlights' Mon, 30 Mar 2015 00:12:58 GMT
- Porpoises finely adjust the size of the beams of sound they use to hunt - using sound like a searchlight to trap their prey, a study finds.
- Dickens' desk saved for public view Sun, 29 Mar 2015 02:37:21 GMT
- The desk where Charles Dickens wrote Great Expectations is finally on public display thanks to a £780,000 grant.