"Each time we re-read a book we get more out of it because we put more into it; a different person is reading it, and therefore it is a different book."
- Double vaccines 'could end polio' Thu, 21 Aug 2014 23:31:23 GMT
- Using both types of polio vaccine could speed up efforts to free the world of the crippling and potentially fatal disease, research suggests.
- US Ebola patients out of hospital Thu, 21 Aug 2014 17:19:00 GMT
- One of the US aid workers who recovered from the Ebola virus says he is "thrilled to be alive" as he and another patient are discharged from hospital.
- Mackay apologises over text row Thu, 21 Aug 2014 21:43:43 GMT
- Malky Mackay apologises for sending two one-line text messages he admits were "disrespectful of other cultures".
- Liverpool agree £16m Balotelli fee Thu, 21 Aug 2014 12:59:03 GMT
- Liverpool agree a £16m fee with Italian club AC Milan to sign former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli.
- Is anti-Semitism rising? Wed, 20 Aug 2014 23:18:37 GMT
- Does the evidence support claims that anti-Semitism has risen since the recent conflict between Israel and Palestinians in Gaza?
- Trigger decision: when police shoot Thu, 21 Aug 2014 00:32:08 GMT
- Police shootings have made headlines in the US this summer. But what really happens before an officer fires his gun?
- Boko Haram 'control police academy' Thu, 21 Aug 2014 13:54:13 GMT
- Northern Nigeria's riot police training academy has been overrun by Boko Haram Islamist militants, sources in Borno state tell the BBC.
- Hanged India girls' 'rape' in doubt Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:48:56 GMT
- A forensic investigation into clothing and swabs taken after the murder and alleged gang rape of two teenage cousins in northern India concludes they were not sexually assaulted.
- Hunt on for 'UK' beheading suspect Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:40:55 GMT
- Police and security services are trying to identify a jihadist - thought to be British - in connection with the killing of US journalist James Foley.
- Shakira song 'broke copyright laws' Thu, 21 Aug 2014 03:56:10 GMT
- Colombian pop star Shakira's hit song Loca was indirectly copied from a Dominican songwriter's work, a US federal judge rules.
- Israel kills top Hamas commanders Thu, 21 Aug 2014 13:18:58 GMT
- An Israeli air strike kills three senior Hamas military commanders as Israel vows to pursue its Gaza campaign until it achieves "full security".
- Bergdahl prisoner swap 'illegal' Thu, 21 Aug 2014 20:19:37 GMT
- The exchange of five Taliban fighters held at Guantanamo Bay for a captive US soldier violated the law, a US government watchdog agency finds.
- Doctors may face 'tougher sanctions' Thu, 21 Aug 2014 23:31:45 GMT
- Failing doctors could be forced to apologise to patients under measures being considered by the medical regulator.
- Health experts' food poverty warning Fri, 22 Aug 2014 04:01:10 GMT
- More people are suffering from malnutrition as a result of worsening food poverty, health experts warn.
- Ex-ministers join Commons clerk row Fri, 22 Aug 2014 00:45:28 GMT
- Veteran MPs Jack Straw and Margaret Beckett urge further scrutiny of the proposed appointment of the new House of Commons clerk amid an ongoing row.