"All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned--the biggest word of all--look."
—Robert (L.) Fulghum (b. 1937) American writer, author
- Forest land rights need global focus Fri, 19 Sep 2014 00:21:47 GMT
- Recognising the land rights of local people could provide cost-effective protection for many of the world's tropical forests, a report says.
- Sierra Leone begins Ebola lockdown Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:58:32 GMT
- A three-day curfew is under way in Sierra Leone to enable health workers to find and isolate cases of Ebola, but critics warn it will achieve little.
- Ebola health team killed in Guinea Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:58:45 GMT
- Eight members of a team trying to raise awareness about Ebola have been killed by villagers in Guinea, officials say.
- West Ham United 3-1 Liverpool Sat, 20 Sep 2014 20:05:25 GMT
- Liverpool suffer their third defeat in five Premier League games as West Ham United beat them 3-1 at Upton Park.
- Hamilton & Rosberg 'back to normal' Sat, 20 Sep 2014 19:11:29 GMT
- Lewis Hamilton says his relationship with team-mate and title rival Nico Rosberg is "back to normal" after their Spa clash.
- My family and other ibex Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:20:10 GMT
- The mountain goats of the Italian Alps used to be encountered by any hiker who ventured high enough. Not any more.
- The father of 26 preaching birth control Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:19:25 GMT
- Rural women in Ivory Coast typically work from dawn to dusk, while men get time off to relax. But now some men are being sent back to school.
- ICC summons Kenya leader to hearing Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:33:50 GMT
- The International Criminal Court orders Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta to appear on 8 October, over claims his government obstructed prosecutors.
- NZ governing party wins elections Sat, 20 Sep 2014 11:56:25 GMT
- New Zealand's governing National Party, led by Prime Minister John Key, wins an emphatic election victory, near-complete results show.
- Russian jets intercepted off Alaska Fri, 19 Sep 2014 23:40:33 GMT
- Six Russian fighter jets are intercepted by American and Canadian planes off the coast of Alaska on Wednesday, US defence officials confirm.
- Mexico 'leading drug lord' killed Fri, 19 Sep 2014 17:52:41 GMT
- Mexican police find the body of Aquiles Gomez, who was believed to be one of the top leaders of the Knights Templar drug cartel.
- Iran Happy dancers given 91 lashes Fri, 19 Sep 2014 09:14:36 GMT
- Six Iranians arrested for filming a video tribute to Pharrell Williams' song Happy are sentenced to 91 lashes and jail terms, their lawyer says.
- NFL boss sorry over abuse scandals Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:01:08 GMT
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says he 'got it wrong' in dealing with issues of domestic violence that have plagued the league over the past weeks.
- Labour attacks England-only MP votes Sat, 20 Sep 2014 19:34:38 GMT
- Labour warns that creating England-only Commons votes will mean "two classes of MP", as parties deal with Scotland's rejection of independence.
- William on official visit to Malta Sat, 20 Sep 2014 20:29:05 GMT
- The Duke of Cambridge is on an official visit to Malta to help the country celebrate the 50th anniversary of its independence.