"Everyone knows that a man can always marry even if he reaches 102, is penniless, and has all his faculties gone. There is always some woman willing to take a chance on him. (from the Complete Book of Etiquette, 1952)"
- Pirate Bay founder gets jail term Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:52:50 GMT
- Pirate Bay co-founder Gottfrid Warg sentenced to three-and-half years in prison after being found guilty of hacking into Danish computers.
- Millions hit in Drupal hack attack Fri, 31 Oct 2014 11:30:59 GMT
- Software firm Drupal warns millions to "assume" they have been hacked if they have not applied a patch for a recently discovered bug.
- BBC refuses to make Top Gear apology Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:27:44 GMT
- The BBC's Head of TV refuses to make a formal apology over a Top Gear special filmed in Argentina, after demands from the country's ambassador to the UK.
- French radio station catches fire Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:08:49 GMT
- A major fire forces the evacuation of the French national radio building in Paris but there are no immediate reports of casualties.
- Rockets 'destroy chemical weapons' Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:22:15 GMT
- A team has developed micro-sized rockets, powered by seawater, that can neutralise chemical and biological weapons.
- WW2 technology 'Plan B' for GPS Fri, 31 Oct 2014 01:10:37 GMT
- Technology developed during World War Two is to be used as a back-up for GPS in ports across England and Scotland.
- UN chief defends Ebola aid workers Fri, 31 Oct 2014 18:31:36 GMT
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon says discrimination against humanitarian workers who return home from the Ebola crisis in West Africa is "unacceptable".
- Google developing a cancer detector Tue, 28 Oct 2014 17:35:15 GMT
- Google is attempting to diagnose cancers, heart attack risks and other ailments with a system that combines nanoparticles and a wrist-worn sensor.
- India ask WI for $42m compensation Sat, 01 Nov 2014 13:15:16 GMT
- India's cricket board demands its West Indies counterpart pays up for pulling out of their tour of the country in October.
- Van Gaal keen to exploit City form Sat, 01 Nov 2014 11:23:39 GMT
- Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal hopes his team can exploit Manchester City's dip in form at the Etihad on Sunday.
- The channel that's spiced up French TV Fri, 31 Oct 2014 00:06:31 GMT
- For years the French media was set in its ways but a newcomer, BFMTV, has shaken things up - so what's the secret of its success?
- VIDEO: Meet the accidental stormtrooper Fri, 31 Oct 2014 00:08:53 GMT
- Laurie Goode's fleeting role as a Stormtrooper in Star Wars 38 years ago still has an impact on his life today
- Cows to keep Kenyan girls in school Thu, 30 Oct 2014 18:18:27 GMT
- Nine cows will be offered to fathers in areas of northern Kenya to ensure their daughters finish their education, a county governor says.
- Myanmar in rare multi-party talks Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:06:15 GMT
- Myanmar's president holds rare roundtable talks with the opposition, military and ethnic groups, as the US calls for "credible" elections next year.
- Hungary scraps controversial web tax Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:57:00 GMT
- Hungary shelves a proposed tax on internet data traffic after tens of thousands of Hungarians marched against it.