"All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned--the biggest word of all--look."
—Robert (L.) Fulghum (b. 1937) American writer, author
- China sets 2015 growth target at 7% Thu, 05 Mar 2015 03:40:33 GMT
- China, the world's second-largest economy, has set its growth target at about 7% for this year, the government said.
- Fraud office probes Bank auctions Thu, 05 Mar 2015 07:49:44 GMT
- The Serious Fraud Office is investigating liquidity auctions held by the Bank of England during the financial crisis, the Bank says.
- Lords want drone owners register Thu, 05 Mar 2015 00:02:20 GMT
- The House of Lords EU Committee calls for a drone register to be set up which owners of unmanned aircraft would have to join.
- China and US clash over backdoors Wed, 04 Mar 2015 13:22:06 GMT
- China rejects President Obama's criticism of its attempt to make companies put backdoors in their software and share their encryption keys.
- Tracey Ullman returns in BBC comedy Wed, 04 Mar 2015 21:27:29 GMT
- Tracey Ullman is to return to the BBC with her own comedy series, some 30 years after she was a regular face on British TV.
- Australia announces Eurovision singer Wed, 04 Mar 2015 23:43:20 GMT
- Former Australian Idol winner and X Factor judge Guy Sebastian will be Australia's first ever entrant in the Eurovision Song Contest.
- African synchrotron bid gathers pace Thu, 05 Mar 2015 03:44:52 GMT
- The effort to build a synchrotron - a large accelerator that generates X-rays for research - in Africa is gaining momentum, a US conference hears.
- Autism appears 'largely genetic' Wed, 04 Mar 2015 16:54:29 GMT
- Autism is caused by genetic make-up in 74-98% of cases, a Medical Research Council study of 516 twins indicates.
- Billions 'have untreated tooth decay' Thu, 05 Mar 2015 00:48:46 GMT
- Billions of people have untreated tooth decay across the globe, an international study has found.
- Adults get flu 'every five years' Wed, 04 Mar 2015 00:42:53 GMT
- Adults catch real flu about once every five years, while children get it every other year, scientists calculate, based on a field study in China.
- Scotland's hopes ended by Bangladesh Thu, 05 Mar 2015 05:52:00 GMT
- Scotland's chances of progressing in the World Cup are dashed by Bangladesh, despite Kyle Coetzer's record-breaking innings.
- Villarreal 1-3 Barcelona (2-6 agg) Wed, 04 Mar 2015 23:34:09 GMT
- Barcelona will meet Athletic Bilbao in the Copa del Rey final after sealing a 6-2 aggregate win over Villarreal.
- Striking gold with a hoard of lost property Wed, 04 Mar 2015 01:23:45 GMT
- Welcome to the Zurich store where much of Switzerland's lost property ends up for sale.
- Viewpoint: Why I loved Nemtsov Wed, 04 Mar 2015 01:23:57 GMT
- Historian Georgy Mirsky on Russia's "culture of intolerance, bitterness, national arrogance, and malicious smears" and its part in the murder of Boris Nemtsov.
- Erdogan fined for statue insult Wed, 04 Mar 2015 11:25:52 GMT
- Turkey's president is fined for making disparaging remarks about a statue in 2011.