"A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood."
- Cape Fear actress Bergen dies aged 84 Sun, 21 Sep 2014 08:47:53 GMT
- Polly Bergen, the actress whose fictional family was terrorised by Robert Mitchum in the 1962 film Cape Fear, dies aged 84.
- More celeb 'naked pictures' leaked Sun, 21 Sep 2014 10:06:39 GMT
- Kim Kardashian, Mary-Kate Olsen and Vanessa Hudgens seem to be some of the latest victims.
- China overtakes EU on 'per head' CO2 Sun, 21 Sep 2014 17:42:48 GMT
- New research shows China's rising emissions per head of population have overtaken the EU while the global total reaches a new high.
- 'Artificial eye' to detect particles Fri, 19 Sep 2014 00:12:25 GMT
- The human eye has inspired physicists to create a processor that can analyse particle collisions 400 times faster than currently possible.
- Sierra Leone begins Ebola lockdown Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:58:32 GMT
- A three-day curfew is under way in Sierra Leone to enable health workers to find and isolate cases of Ebola, but critics warn it will achieve little.
- Ebola health team killed in Guinea Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:58:45 GMT
- Eight members of a team trying to raise awareness about Ebola have been killed by villagers in Guinea, officials say.
- Pellegrini criticises Chelsea style Sun, 21 Sep 2014 19:01:15 GMT
- Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini compares Chelsea's defensive style during Sunday's 1-1 draw to that of Stoke City.
- Hamilton 'not thinking about title' Sun, 21 Sep 2014 19:32:48 GMT
- Lewis Hamilton insists the World Championship was not on his mind, despite taking the lead for the first time in four months.
- Getting a driving licence without a test Sat, 20 Sep 2014 23:03:59 GMT
- In most places you need to pass a test to get a driving licence - for now Mexico City is an exception.
- The scary element that helps probe space's secrets Fri, 19 Sep 2014 23:00:00 GMT
- Plutonium may be the most feared substance in the entire periodic table, but it also has peaceful us
- Kenya marks Westgate mall attack Sun, 21 Sep 2014 16:33:55 GMT
- Kenya is marking a year since the attack by Islamist militants on Nairobi's Westgate shopping centre, in which at least 67 people were killed.
- Bainimarama sworn in as Fiji PM Mon, 22 Sep 2014 05:52:53 GMT
- Fiji's former military leader Frank Bainimarama is sworn in as prime minister of the Pacific nation after an emphatic election win.
- Police probe Balotelli racist abuse Sun, 21 Sep 2014 21:44:10 GMT
- Police are investigating after Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli is subjected to racist abuse on Twitter.
- Peru creates anti-logging commission Sun, 21 Sep 2014 19:49:24 GMT
- The Peruvian authorities announce a new anti-logging commission after the killings of four indigenous leaders in the Amazon rainforest.
- Deadly bomb blast in central Cairo Sun, 21 Sep 2014 09:43:17 GMT
- A bomb explosion near the Egyptian foreign ministry in Cairo kills at least two police officers, security officials say.