"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."
—Ronald Wilson Reagan (b. 1911) 40th US President, Republican
- Medieval eye remedy 'kills MRSA' Mon, 30 Mar 2015 14:14:38 GMT
- A 1,000-year-old treatment for eye infections could hold the key to killing antibiotic-resistant superbugs, scientists say.
- HP files $5.1bn Autonomy lawsuit Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:40:08 GMT
- HP sues Autonomy co-founder Mike Lynch and ex-finance officer Sushovan Hussain, as Autonomy's former management says it will launch a counter-claim.
- Eurozone deflation eases in March Tue, 31 Mar 2015 10:45:00 GMT
- Deflation in the eurozone eased during March while the rate of unemployment dipped slightly in February, figures show.
- Microsoft unveils Surface 3 tablet Tue, 31 Mar 2015 13:00:50 GMT
- Microsoft shifts its entry-range tablets to Intel processors, allowing them to run a wider range of software.
- Samsung and LG bury legal hatchet Tue, 31 Mar 2015 12:00:02 GMT
- After a lengthy battle, the two firms have said they will seek talks in future disputes and leniency for each other in existing ones.
- Clarkson live tour set to go ahead Tue, 31 Mar 2015 17:09:02 GMT
- Jeremy Clarkson is to appear on planned live dates with his former Top Gear co-stars Richard Hammond and James May, BBC Worldwide announces.
- Dutch royals to return Nazi art Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:39:49 GMT
- The Dutch royal family says it will return a painting believed to have been confiscated from Jewish owners during World War Two.
- LHC fixes glitch, prepares for beams Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:05:13 GMT
- The short circuit delaying the restart of the Large Hadron Collider has been fixed, after a blast of high current melted the metal particle responsible.
- New renewables break capacity bar Tue, 31 Mar 2015 13:28:08 GMT
- New renewable generating capacity broke the 100GW barrier in 2014, equivalent to the entire fleet of nuclear power plants in the US, a UN report shows.
- MS drug 'may already be out there' Tue, 31 Mar 2015 17:00:41 GMT
- Depression and heart disease drugs are to be tested in a new trial to find treatments for Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
- Guinea declares Ebola 'emergency' Sun, 29 Mar 2015 00:00:41 GMT
- Guinean President Alpha Conde has declared a 45-day "health emergency" in five regions in the west and southwest of the Ebola-hit nation.
- Clubs to share £1.67bn European cash Tue, 31 Mar 2015 12:20:50 GMT
- Britain's leading clubs are set for a huge financial boost for competing in the Champions League and Europa League.
- Bears sign McCullum for T20 Blast Tue, 31 Mar 2015 13:17:34 GMT
- Birmingham Bears, the T20 Blast champions, sign New Zealand skipper Brendon McCullum for this summer's tournament.
- America's most generous con artist Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:53:47 GMT
- Mark Landis spent 30 years donating works of art to respected museums and galleries - but the pictures were fakes that he had created himself.
- I nearly drowned in chocolate Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:55:30 GMT
- A Syrian refugee tells how he nearly drowned in a lorry of melted chocolate as he tried to enter the UK.