"If God kills, lies, cheats, discriminates, and otherwise behaves in a manner that puts the Mafia to shame, that's Okay, he's God. He can do whatever he wants. Anyone who adheres to this philosophy has had his sense of morality, decency, justice and humaneness warped beyond recognition by the very book that is supposedly preaching the opposite."
- Geldof died of heroin overdose Wed, 23 Jul 2014 12:17:52 GMT
- TV presenter Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose after relapsing from a period of abstinence, a coroner rules.
- Dogs 'hardwired' to be jealous wags Thu, 24 Jul 2014 03:09:59 GMT
- Jealousy is not just part of the human condition, a study suggests, it appears to be hard wired into the brains of dogs too.
- Fur seals feel climate impacts Wed, 23 Jul 2014 18:52:50 GMT
- Changes in the Antarctic climate are showing up in the fur seal population, say scientists who have studied the animals for 30 years on the British Overseas Territory of South Georgia.
- Paracetamol for back pain questioned Wed, 23 Jul 2014 23:55:37 GMT
- Taking paracetamol for lower back pain does not improve recovery time or provide any greater pain relief than using a placebo, scientists say.
- Genetic clues to age of first period Thu, 24 Jul 2014 07:09:28 GMT
- The timing of when a girl reaches puberty is controlled by hundreds of genes, say scientists.
- Wiggins questions price of Tour fame Thu, 24 Jul 2014 05:31:03 GMT
- Sir Bradley Wiggins says he sometimes wishes he had never won the Tour de France and Olympic gold in 2012.
- Van Gaal has winning Man Utd start Thu, 24 Jul 2014 06:30:51 GMT
- Manchester United give new boss Louis van Gaal a winning start as they beat LA Galaxy 7-0 in a friendly in California.
- When time stood still Wed, 23 Jul 2014 16:24:31 GMT
- The story of the watch that survived Hiroshima - and its owner, who found peace through forgiveness.
- The deaths uniting women across the world Tue, 22 Jul 2014 23:10:42 GMT
- After 13 years, Nato troops are preparing to leave Afghanistan - thousands of soldiers have died but the experiences of their widows differ dramatically.
- SA rhino poacher jailed for 77 years Wed, 23 Jul 2014 14:22:49 GMT
- A South African rhino poacher is sentenced to 77 years in prison in one of the heaviest sentences aimed at curbing the illegal trade.
- 'Grave concerns' over Australia camp Thu, 24 Jul 2014 08:05:36 GMT
- Australia's top rights official says the situation at the Christmas Island asylum centre has "significantly deteriorated", with people "plagued by despair".
- Ukraine rebel denies having missile Thu, 24 Jul 2014 06:22:52 GMT
- A top rebel in Ukraine says his forces do not possess the Buk missile thought to have brought down flight MH17 - but another rebel leader disagrees.
- Venezuela opposition leader on trial Wed, 23 Jul 2014 22:43:43 GMT
- The trial begins of one of Venezuela's main opposition leaders, Leopoldo Lopez, accused of inciting violence during anti-government protests in February.
- Suicide car bomb kills 21 in Iraq Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:36:33 GMT
- A suicide car bomb has killed at least 21 people at a police checkpoint in Baghdad's Kadhimiya district, Iraqi police say.
- Detroit porch shooting trial opens Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:02:58 GMT
- A Detroit man feared for his life before he shot an unarmed black woman standing on his porch, his lawyer says at the start of his murder trial.