"It does not matter how many books you have, but how good the books are which you have."
—Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC?-AD 65) [The Younger] Roman Stoic philosopher, writer, tutor
- Warming extremes 'not as likely' Sun, 19 May 2013 17:31:29 GMT
- Global temperature rises will be slower in the coming decades say researchers but the long term picture is consistent.
- UK astronaut Peake to go into orbit Sun, 19 May 2013 21:51:22 GMT
- UK astronaut Tim Peake is given a date to fly to the International Space Station, but the mission is not expected to take place before 2015.
- Time-lapse imaging 'improves IVF' Fri, 17 May 2013 01:49:29 GMT
- Time-lapse imaging which takes thousands of pictures of developing embryos can boost the success rate of IVF, according to British research.
- Mental health 'bible' is updated Sun, 19 May 2013 06:45:33 GMT
- An update to one of the most important manuals in mental health - known as the bible of psychiatry - is published.
- Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal Sun, 19 May 2013 17:43:03 GMT
- Arsenal finish fourth in the Premier League to qualify for the Champions League with a nervy 1-0 win over Newcastle.
- PSG boss Ancelotti asks to leave Sun, 19 May 2013 20:53:35 GMT
- Real Madrid target Carlo Ancelotti asks to leave Paris St-Germain but is told by the club "it is not possible".
- The Somali pirates 'jailed in paradise' Sat, 18 May 2013 23:46:02 GMT
- Anthony Denselow reports on the captured pirates who end up in the tiny island nation of Seychelles.
- The world's largest camel herd - in Australia Sat, 18 May 2013 23:38:19 GMT
- Kangaroos and koalas are possibly the best-known Australian wildlife, but thriving in the outback are more surprising residents - camels. There are now thought to be 750,000 roaming in the outback, making it the biggest wild herd in the world.
- Massacre suspect held in Ivory Coast Sat, 18 May 2013 20:57:15 GMT
- The authorities in Ivory Coast arrest militia leader Amade Oueremi, suspected of one of the worst massacres during 2011 post-election violence.
- N Korea urged to end missile tests Sun, 19 May 2013 10:53:03 GMT
- UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon urges Pyongyang to end its missile tests as a fourth short-range weapon is launched from North Korea's east coast.
- Disgraced French minister bows out Sun, 19 May 2013 14:44:39 GMT
- A French government minister who quit over revelations of his undeclared Swiss bank account says he will not stand again for election.
- El Salvador gangs warn over truce Sun, 19 May 2013 00:16:24 GMT
- The leaders of the main gangs in El Salvador vow to maintain a 14-month-long truce, but say political changes threaten the peace.
- Iran executes two men for spying Sun, 19 May 2013 10:06:16 GMT
- Iranian officials say two men have been executed after they were convicted of spying for Israel and the US.
- Malcolm X grandson suspects remanded Sun, 19 May 2013 03:20:55 GMT
- Two men suspected of killing Malcolm Shabazz, the grandson of US political activist Malcolm X, are remanded in custody in Mexico.
- Man killed as blast destroys house Mon, 20 May 2013 00:39:16 GMT
- The body of a man is recovered from the remains of a house in Nottinghamshire after it was destroyed in an explosion that injured four others.