"During the Depression, or back when we were fighting Hitler, people didn't have time to sue a company if the coffee was too hot. There were urgent, pressing problems. If you think you have it tough, read history books."
—Bill Maher Comedian, commentator
- Canberra Christmas lights set record Fri, 28 Nov 2014 04:42:39 GMT
- A Christmas display of more than 1.2 million LED lights in the Australian capital, Canberra, has set a new world record.
- SA ventriloquist beats gagging order Thu, 27 Nov 2014 17:42:32 GMT
- A South African ventriloquist appears in court with his dummy to successfully challenge a gagging order.
- Suspended Tesco exec leaves company Thu, 27 Nov 2014 20:55:43 GMT
- The BBC has learned one of the Tesco executives suspended by the company over the £260m profit misstatement has left the company.
- VIDEO: BBC World News business headlines Thu, 27 Nov 2014 22:07:16 GMT
- The latest international business headlines from BBC World News.
- Ubisoft apologises for Assassin bugs Thu, 27 Nov 2014 13:58:03 GMT
- The head of the games studio behind Assassin's Creed Unity emails players apologising for glitches in the game and offering compensation.
- UK swells list of banned websites Thu, 27 Nov 2014 17:10:42 GMT
- The High Court bans a further 53 piracy sites, more than doubling the number that the UK's leading net providers must block.
- Crime author PD James dies aged 94 Thu, 27 Nov 2014 16:36:54 GMT
- Best-selling novelist PD James, who created crime-fighting sleuth Adam Dalgliesh, dies at the age of 94.
- Rocky Horror sequel set for London Thu, 27 Nov 2014 16:06:17 GMT
- Shock Treatment, the sequel to cult hit Rocky Horror Picture Show, is to be adapted for the stage in London.
- Risk from extreme weather rises Thu, 27 Nov 2014 01:42:30 GMT
- Royal Society says combination of population growth and climate change will increase danger to cities.
- UK team's data bonanza from comet Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:46:50 GMT
- UK researchers obtain "rich" data from the Philae lander just before its power died.
- 'Exciting' bladder cancer drug trial Thu, 27 Nov 2014 02:25:43 GMT
- A trial to help the immune system fight bladder cancer is showing "exciting" results with tumours completely disappearing in some patients.
- Italy suspends flu drug over deaths Thu, 27 Nov 2014 22:21:10 GMT
- Italy suspends the use of two batches of a flu vaccine made by Swiss firm Novartis amid reports three deaths may be linked to the drug.
- 'Weeping' Australia mourns Hughes Fri, 28 Nov 2014 03:35:31 GMT
- Australia is "weeping" at the death of cricketer Phillip Hughes, says former opening batsman Michael Slater - as the country mourns.
- Abbott 'holding up' after Hughes death Fri, 28 Nov 2014 00:53:28 GMT
- Bowler Sean Abbott is 'holding up well' after batsman Phillip Hughes's death, despite fears he may not play cricket again.
- How I drank urine and bat blood to survive Thu, 27 Nov 2014 00:04:25 GMT
- Extreme marathon runner Mauro Prosperi spent 10 days alone in the Sahara desert after getting lost in a sandstorm. He only just survived.