"A good book has no ending."
—R. D. Cumming
- VIDEO: The greatest threat to China's elephants Wed, 04 Mar 2015 23:44:00 GMT
- The greatest threat to China's wild elephants is no longer poaching but habitat destruction.
- VIDEO: Ford's white van with built-in bike Wed, 04 Mar 2015 14:19:53 GMT
- The BBC's Dave Lee talks to Ford's chief design engineer Tom Thompson about the company's electric bike project.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Thu, 05 Mar 2015 01:37:29 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: The man who invented impressionism Wed, 04 Mar 2015 00:34:45 GMT
- Will Gompertz takes a look at the Inventing Impressionism exhibition at The National Gallery.
- VIDEO: Black girl 'forced out of Alabama school' Wed, 04 Mar 2015 00:32:27 GMT
- As the BBC's Aleem Maqbool retraces one of the great civil rights journeys, the march 50 years ago from Selma to Montgomery in Alabama, he finds segregation still happening in a different form.
- Is Venezuela losing faith in president? Thu, 05 Mar 2015 01:39:42 GMT
- Even the party faithful are starting to question the presidency of Nicolas Maduro, as protests and economic instability grips the country, says Will Grant.
- The online joke is on Islamic State Thu, 05 Mar 2015 01:19:15 GMT
- Are viral internet parodies of militants a cause for concern?
- The lessons from Russia's latest killing Wed, 04 Mar 2015 01:28:08 GMT
- The killing of Boris Nemtsov adds to the growing sense of unease about dark undercurrents in Russian politics, says Bridget Kendall.
- LHC restart: 'We want to break physics' Thu, 05 Mar 2015 00:15:22 GMT
- The Large Hadron Collider is gearing up for its revamped second run, and its physicists want this next round of collisions to shake their discipline to its core.
- VIDEO: Ukraine's deadly mines - in 90 secs Wed, 04 Mar 2015 17:23:55 GMT
- Ukraine's latest mining disaster in Donetsk has claimed dozens of lives. But why are the country's mines so dangerous?
- VIDEO: China's military compared - 60 secs Wed, 04 Mar 2015 12:39:38 GMT
- China's defence budget is set to rise by about 10% in 2015 - here's a quick look at where that places it in the ranks of the world's biggest military spenders.
- WW2 'Japan battleship wreck found' Wed, 04 Mar 2015 14:16:51 GMT
- US billionaire Paul Allen announces he has discovered the famous WW2 Japanese battleship, Musashi, more than 70 years after it was sunk.
- US museum group bans selfie stick Thu, 05 Mar 2015 03:09:00 GMT
- The Smithsonian museum group in Washington DC has banned the fashionable photography aid, the selfie stick, to "protect visitors" in crowded conditions.
- China sets 2015 growth target at 7% Thu, 05 Mar 2015 03:40:33 GMT
- China, the world's second-largest economy, has set its growth target at about 7% for this year, the government said.
- Oligarch given North Sea deadline Wed, 04 Mar 2015 19:52:01 GMT
- Russian oligarch Mikhail Fridman has seven days to convince the UK government not to force him to sell newly acquired oil and gas assets in the North Sea.