"A classic is a book which people praise and don't read."
—Mark Twain (1835-1910) [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] American author, humorist
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Sun, 21 Sep 2014 04:35:26 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Base jumpers leap from 370m bridge Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:39:20 GMT
- Base jumpers from around the world have been competing in Anshun city in China's Guizhou province.
- VIDEO: River dwellers fear for their future Fri, 19 Sep 2014 23:01:05 GMT
- A government immigration census in Cambodia has members of the ethnic Vietnamese community living on the Tonlé Sap river fearing for their future.
- VIDEO: Walliams joins SwimBritain relay Sun, 21 Sep 2014 07:26:07 GMT
- A series of swimming relays is taking place across Britain this summer, in an initiative to get more people enjoying the fun and fitness benefits of the sport.
- VIDEO: Obama: We must stop sexual assault Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:36:05 GMT
- US President Barack Obama launches the new 'It's on Us' campaign, which aims to prevent sexual assault at American universities.
- VIDEO: Metal ballet meets Games of Thrones Fri, 19 Sep 2014 23:01:02 GMT
- Brutal Ballet performed a Games of Thrones inspired piece at TitanCon, a science fiction and fantasy convention in Belfast.
- VIDEO: Cheetah cubs unveiled in San Diego Sat, 20 Sep 2014 23:00:27 GMT
- A pair of three-week-old cheetah cubs are unveiled at San Diego Zoo's Safari Park.
- VIDEO: First buyer drops brand-new iPhone 6 Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:15:41 GMT
- The first person to buy the iPhone 6 in Perth, Australia, dropped his new gadget during an interview with a TV reporter.
- Alibaba shares surge on NY debut Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:31:24 GMT
- Alibaba's shares closed significantly above their initial price on the New York Stock Exchange on Friday, a sign of the excitement surrounding the Chinese internet giant.
- Shares rise in London on 'No' vote Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:05:06 GMT
- Shares rise in London after Scotland rejects independence, as a rally in the pound fades.
- eBay flaw has existed for months Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:38:46 GMT
- A dangerous flaw that has exposed eBay customers to malicious websites has been affecting the site since at least February, the BBC has found.
- Google and Apple encrypt by default Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:55:04 GMT
- Google and Apple commit to encrypting users' data by default, to protect against hackers and the requests of law enforcement agencies.
- Cape Fear actress Bergen dies aged 84 Sun, 21 Sep 2014 08:47:53 GMT
- Polly Bergen, the actress whose fictional family was terrorised by Robert Mitchum in the 1962 film Cape Fear, dies aged 84.
- Jolie to direct ivory poaching film Sun, 21 Sep 2014 10:35:06 GMT
- Angelina Jolie signs up to direct Africa, a film about a conservationist's battles with ivory poachers.
- Mars Maven mission set for arrival Sun, 21 Sep 2014 12:25:41 GMT
- The US space agency's (Nasa) latest Mars satellite is set to arrive in orbit above the planet on Monday.