"The book you don't read cant help."
- 'Millions of Ebola vaccines' in 2015 Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:57:25 GMT
- Millions of doses of experimental Ebola vaccines will be produced by the end of 2015, the World Health Organization has announced.
- PM: I won't meet £1.7bn EU demand Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:39:41 GMT
- David Cameron insists the UK will not pay £1.7bn demanded by the EU - but Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso says the bill should not have come as a surprise.
- Egypt: Sinai 'bomb' kills 26 troops Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:31:38 GMT
- A suspected jihadist car bomb attack kills at least 26 Egyptian soldiers in Sinai, Egyptian officials say, in one of deadliest incidents there.
- Russia 'helped Yanukovych to flee' Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:02:21 GMT
- Vladimir Putin says for the first time that Russia helped Ukraine's ex-President Viktor Yanukovych to flee after he was ousted in February.
- Yellow powder sparks security alerts Fri, 24 Oct 2014 18:04:29 GMT
- Envelopes containing an unknown yellow powder have been sent to five consulates in the Turkish city of Istanbul, officials say.
- Detained Myanmar reporter shot dead Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:12:51 GMT
- A Burmese journalist taken into detention while covering clashes near the Thai border is shot dead while trying to escape, the army says.
- Tunis 'militant hideout' stormed Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:00:15 GMT
- Tunisian security forces storm a house in a Tunis suburb to end a stand-off with armed militants, killing six people, officials say.
- Canada attack 'not linked to IS' Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:27:37 GMT
- Canada's foreign minister tells the BBC there is no evidence so far that the man behind gun attacks in Ottawa was linked to Middle Eastern jihadists.
- Rwanda bans BBC over genocide film Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:29:57 GMT
- Rwanda suspends BBC broadcasts in the Kinyarwanda language with immediate effect because of a controversial documentary about the 1994 genocide.
- Puffer fish poisons 11 in Brazil Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:32:26 GMT
- Eleven people fell seriously ill in Brazil after eating a deadly puffer fish for lunch, it was reported.
- First transplant of 'dead' heart Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:00:25 GMT
- Surgeons in Australia say they have performed the first heart transplant using a "dead heart".
- Dolce & Gabbana cleared in tax case Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:06:58 GMT
- Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, founders of the Dolce & Gabbana fashion house, are cleared by an Italian court of tax evasion.
- VIDEO: Brazil's 'tightest' presidential vote Fri, 24 Oct 2014 18:21:16 GMT
- Sunday's presidential run-off vote in Brazil is too close to call and the election battle has centred on the pivotal home state of both candidates, Minas Gerais.
- VIDEO: Sargy Mann: Painting with inner vision Fri, 24 Oct 2014 00:38:20 GMT
- Artist Sargy Mann has been registered blind for 25 years. His paintings are highly acclaimed and sought-after.
- VIDEO: The Queen sends her first tweet Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:05:08 GMT
- The Queen's has sent her first tweet - sent through the @BritishMonarchy account - heralding the launch of a major new exhibition at London's Science Museum.