"A good book has no ending."
—R. D. Cumming
- ‘Why Not Say What Happened,’ by Morris Dickstein Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:32:03 GMT
- A memoir mixes biography and intellectual history.
- Irvine Welsh’s ‘The Sex Lives of Siamese Twins’ Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:32:03 GMT
- Irvine Welsh’s tale of abduction and mutual obsession.
- ‘The Age of Dignity,’ by Ai-jen Poo With Ariane Conrad Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:32:03 GMT
- Changing how society deals with caregiving.
- Laura van den Berg’s ‘Find Me’ Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:32:03 GMT
- Laura van den Berg’s heroine picks her way across an American wasteland, searching for the mother who abandoned her.
- Bookends: James Baldwin Denounced Richard Wright’s ‘Native Son’ As a ‘Protest Novel.’ Was He Right? Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:32:03 GMT
- Ayana Mathis and Pankaj Mishra discuss Baldwin’s indictment of “Native Son,” which was published 75 years ago.
- ArtsBeat: Marina Abramovic to Publish a Memoir in 2016 Mon, 02 Mar 2015 15:09:30 GMT
- The book, to be published by Crown Archetype, will coincide with the artist’s 70th birthday.
- ‘Please Stop Helping Us’ and ‘Shame’ Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:00:01 GMT
- Two black conservatives argue that a sense of victimhood, not social forces, creates problems for African-Americans.
- Books of The Times: Review: In Olen Steinhauer’s ‘All the Old Knives,’ Exes Recall Love and Blood Sun, 01 Mar 2015 21:55:33 GMT
- In this thriller, former lovers and colleagues in espionage meet at a California restaurant to recall a tryst and resurrect memories of a hostage crisis.
- Yasar Kemal, Master Turkish Novelist and Strident Political Critic, Is Dead Sat, 28 Feb 2015 23:09:05 GMT
- Mr. Kemal repeatedly clashed with the Turkish state while emerging as his country’s first novelist of global stature.
- ArtsBeat: Inside The New York Times Book Review: Elliot Ackerman’s ‘Green on Blue’ Fri, 27 Feb 2015 18:58:14 GMT
- Tom Bissell discusses “Green on Blue,” and John Hooper talks about “The Italians.”
- Paperback Row Fri, 27 Feb 2015 15:52:09 GMT
- Paperback books of particular interest.
- Editors’ Choice Fri, 27 Feb 2015 15:51:57 GMT
- Recently reviewed books of particular interest.
- Inside the List Fri, 27 Feb 2015 15:51:46 GMT
- Helen Macdonald, whose memoir “H Is for Hawk” is No. 8 on the hardcover nonfiction list, has become something of a sensation in her native England.
- ‘Hell and Good Company,’ by Richard Rhodes Fri, 27 Feb 2015 15:51:10 GMT
- Richard Rhodes offers an anecdotal — and technological — history of the Spanish Civil War.
- ‘After Birth,’ by Elisa Albert Fri, 27 Feb 2015 15:50:09 GMT
- A novel traces the changes brought by a baby’s arrival.