"I suggest that the only books that influence us are those for which we are ready, and which have gone a little farther down our particular path than we have yet gone ourselves."
—Edward Morgan Forster (1879-1970) British writer, A Room with a View
- Appeals court denies Suthers' effort to block gay marriages in Boulder Fri, 25 Jul 2014 00:13:23 MDT
- The Colorado Court of Appeals has denied Attorney General John Suthers' request to stop the Boulder clerk from issuing same-sex marriage licenses.
- Plains officials look to future after rural supermarkets close Fri, 25 Jul 2014 00:12:50 MDT
- Residents of three towns where a financially troubled grocery chain closed the only supermarkets are planning for a future without the Bella's Markets, despite the owner's claim they will reopen.
- Aurora seeks to release report on theater shooting emergency response Fri, 25 Jul 2014 00:11:48 MDT
- The city of Aurora has filed a petition with the court to allow it to release a comprehensive review of how the city responded to the Aurora theater shooting.
- JeffCo Sheriff's Office ID's man allegedly responsible for crime spree Fri, 25 Jul 2014 00:11:17 MDT
- Jefferson County Sheriff's Deputy Fred Haggett was rushing to help law enforcement officers catch a carjacking suspect when he saw the man on the side of the highway trying to stop cars with a rifle in one hand and a gun in the other.
- Colorado health insurance exchange CEO Patty Fontneau leaves for Cigna Fri, 25 Jul 2014 00:09:38 MDT
- The state health insurance exchange's chief executive, Patty Fontneau, announced Thursday she will leave Connect for Health Colorado to take a job as president of Private Exchange Business for Cigna.
- Coloradans could see $2.7 million in premium refunds from ACA rule Fri, 25 Jul 2014 00:09:07 MDT
- Health and Human Services on Thursday announced that 52,277 consumers in Colorado will get $2.7 million in refunds, an average of $93 a family, from insurance companies this summer because of the Affordable Care Act's 80/20 rule.
- Denver police investigating video of cop shoving Rockies fan Fri, 25 Jul 2014 00:08:00 MDT
- A video of a confrontation between a Colorado Rockies fan and a Denver police officer has gone viral and led to an internal investigation at the Denver Police Department.
- Judge likely to OK $3.25 million payout in Jamal Hunter abuse case Fri, 25 Jul 2014 00:07:28 MDT
- U.S. District Judge John Kane indicated Thursday that he likely will approve a $3.25 million settlement Denver city attorneys are offering a former jail inmate who was tortured and choked behind bars.
- Alkali fire in Moffat County now estimated at 20,000 acres Fri, 25 Jul 2014 00:06:27 MDT
- The Alkali fire burning in Moffat County has consumed more than 20,000 acres, a spokeswoman for the Bureau of Land Management said.
- CDOT pushing up schedule for weekend road projects Thu, 24 Jul 2014 23:59:23 MDT
- Colorado highway officials are punching the accelerator on two major road projects this weekend, including work on Interstate 25 north of Denver that will clog northbound traffic between 84th Avenue and Thornton Parkway.
- "Flat Earth" fracking ad on "radical activists" insults some voters Thu, 24 Jul 2014 21:53:40 MDT
- A new campaign ad that features the "Flat Earth Discussion Group," cheese by-products and a man with a sock puppet takes a humorous look at Colorado's fracking battle, but some voters
- Parking scarce at Maroon Lake Thu, 24 Jul 2014 21:53:33 MDT
- An explosion in the number of overnight hikers and backpackers launching from the Maroon Lake area has forced the Forest Service to warn overnight visitors that they shouldn't expect to find
- Judge says West Metro fire election was valid Thu, 24 Jul 2014 20:09:35 MDT
- A judge in Jefferson County has ruled against a lawsuit seeking a new election to fill four spots on the board of the West Metro Fire Protection District.
- Texas woman dies in boating accident on Arkansas River Thu, 24 Jul 2014 18:55:21 MDT
- A Texas woman died Thursday after after a rafting accident on the Arkansas River.Mary Johnson, 57, a Dallas resident was on a commercial raft owned by Timberline Tours about 14 miles north of
- Boulder County judge strikes down Longmont fracking ban Thu, 24 Jul 2014 18:17:17 MDT
- A Boulder County District Court judge has struck down Longmont's fracking ban but said the ban can remain in place while the city considers an appeal.