"There is a difference between a book of two hundred pages from the very beginning, and a book of two hundred pages which is the result of an original eight hundred pages. The six hundred are there. Only you don't see them."
—Elie(zer) Wiesel (b. 1928) Romanian-born writer, lecturer, survivor Nazi camps, Nobel
- Mom and 2 kids in Cañon City murder case identified Tue, 11 Mar 2014 13:19:08 MDT
- Three people, a mother and her two children, whose bodies were found in a Cañon City home were identified Tuesday morning.
- Jaacob Van Winkle may face three counts of first-degree murder in triple homicide Tue, 11 Mar 2014 13:11:06 MDT
- A Cañon City man is facing first-degree murder charges after three bodies were found Sunday evening in a home on Phay Avenue.
- Denver weather: Snow Tuesday; evening commute could be tricky Tue, 11 Mar 2014 13:05:20 MDT
- Snow began falling in Denver shortly after noon Tuesday, and the Colorado Department of Transportation said it is ready to clear the roads.
- Vestas Wind to boost hiring at its Colorado factories Tue, 11 Mar 2014 12:39:23 MDT
- Vestas Wind Systems said Tuesday it plans to hire more than 850 production workers at its Colorado plants this year based on one of the best years the company has had for orders.
- Boulder County wants help watching for springtime flood hazards Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:53:06 MDT
- Boulder County has at least 94 flood-damaged sites that need to be fixed before spring runoff, and officials want help spotting more. "By people being vigilant and watching their community, we can gain a lot of information," Mike Chard of the county's office of emergency management told about 300 people at LifeBridge Christian Church on Monday. "We want to take care of it while it's manageable."
- Theater shooting jurors won't visit Colorado's death row, judge rules Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:29:45 MDT
- Jurors deciding the fate of the Aurora movie theater gunman will not take a trip to Colorado's death row, hear about prison conditions or examine punishments meted out in other murder cases,
- Officials discover another Cotter leak Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:41:42 MDT
- CANON CITY, Colo.—For the second time in five months, Cotter Corp. Uranium Mill officials have discovered a leak of contaminated water, but both spills reportedly have been contained
- Police investigating 'potential threat' made against Erie High School Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:27:12 MDT
- Erie police are investigating a "potential threat" made against Erie High School by minors two weeks ago.
- Colorado man gets 10 years in prison for hatchet attack Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:24:19 MDT
- BRECKENRIDGE, Colo.—A Summit County judge has sentenced a man to 10 years in prison for hitting his wife in the head with a hatchet.
- Road rage leads to attempted murder in Colorado Springs Tue, 11 Mar 2014 08:52:56 MDT
- Police in Colorado Springs are seeking the public's help in finding a driver suspected in a road rage incident that led to attempted murder.
- Colorado saw $2 million in recreational marijuana taxes in January Tue, 11 Mar 2014 08:51:55 MDT
- Colorado collected slightly more than $2 million in taxes on the sale of recreational marijuana in the month of January, according to new figures released by the state Monday.
- Daily Digest: What the Broncos look to do today in free agency, plus 10 more stories Tue, 11 Mar 2014 08:32:36 MDT
- Your daily resource for late-breaking news, upcoming events, the Denver weather forecast, Denver traffic information, and the stories that will be talked about today.
- Group picks Denver to get help boosting protected bike lanes Tue, 11 Mar 2014 08:15:30 MDT
- Denver has 101 miles of marked on-street bike lanes, and nearly 50 miles more where the city encourages bicyclists to share lanes with cars.
- Broomfield's Level 3 Communications to deliver images, communications for Air Force training program Tue, 11 Mar 2014 07:40:10 MDT
- Defense firm Northrop Grumman Corp. will use the network of Broomfield-based Level 3 Communications Inc. to deliver images and communications related to a national simulation training system for the U.S. Air Force, Level 3 officials announced Tuesday.
- Propane tank explodes at VA hospital construction site in Aurora Tue, 11 Mar 2014 05:52:51 MDT
- Crews allowed a 1,000-pound propane tank to burn off its fuel early Tuesday morning after it exploded at the new Veterans Affairs hospital under construction in Aurora.