"A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return."
- Egypt activists lose final appeal Tue, 27 Jan 2015 17:17:17 GMT
- Three Egyptian activists lose their final appeal against three-year prison sentences they were given last year for violating an anti-protest law.
- AirAsia recovery operation suspended Tue, 27 Jan 2015 09:27:56 GMT
- The Indonesian military suspends recovery operations for AirAsia flight QZ8501 in the Java Sea after repeatedly failing to lift the fuselage.
- EU weighs more sanctions on Russia Tue, 27 Jan 2015 17:56:58 GMT
- EU leaders ask their foreign ministers to consider imposing further sanctions on Russia in response to the continued fighting in Ukraine.
- Argentina to disband intelligence body Tue, 27 Jan 2015 09:49:02 GMT
- Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner announces plans to dissolve the country's intelligence agency after the mysterious death of a prosecutor.
- Houthis release Yemen leader's aide Tue, 27 Jan 2015 18:52:49 GMT
- Shia Houthi rebels in Yemen free the chief of staff of President Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi who they abducted 10 days ago.
- US museums consider London outpost Tue, 27 Jan 2015 22:09:12 GMT
- The world's largest museum and research institution could be heading for London as part of a multi-million dollar redevelopment of the 2012 Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- Many asthma diagnoses 'may be wrong' Wed, 28 Jan 2015 00:46:32 GMT
- More than a million adults in the UK may be wrongly diagnosed as asthmatic and be receiving unnecessary medication as a result, warns an NHS watchdog.
- Cable aide quits over fracking vote Tue, 27 Jan 2015 23:53:39 GMT
- Lib Dem MP Tessa Munt resigns as a parliamentary aide to Business Secretary Vince Cable after voting against the government on fracking,
- UK Holocaust memorial centre planned Tue, 27 Jan 2015 18:56:50 GMT
- A new Holocaust memorial and education centre is announced as the UK commemorates the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz.
- Snow warning issued for Scotland Wed, 28 Jan 2015 00:24:22 GMT
- Yellow "be aware" warnings are issued by the Met Office for frequent snow showers across Scotland, Northern Ireland and the north of England.
- Day in pictures: 27 January 2015 Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:25:39 GMT
- Images from around the world: 27 January
- Taking the plunge Mon, 26 Jan 2015 16:54:51 GMT
- Cold Water Swimming Championships
- In pictures: Church of England's first woman bishop consecration Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:40:06 GMT
- Church of England's first female bishop
- In pictures: Australia Day 2015 Mon, 26 Jan 2015 06:10:08 GMT
- The country celebrates its official national day
- Day in pictures: 26 January 2015 Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:12:12 GMT
- Images from around the world: 26 January