"The ideas I stand for are not mine. I borrowed them from Socrates. I swiped them from Chesterfield. I stole them from Jesus. And I put them in a book. If you don't like their rules whose would you use?"
—Dale Carnegie (1888-1955) American pioneer in self-improvement
- Kenya ministers suspended over graft Sat, 28 Mar 2015 16:31:49 GMT
- Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta suspends four ministers and 12 other high-ranking officials after they were implicated in corrupt deals.
- Sri Lanka president's brother killed Sat, 28 Mar 2015 05:26:00 GMT
- The youngest brother of Sri Lankan president Maithripala Sirisena dies after being attacked with an axe.
- Knox and Sollecito cleared of murder Sat, 28 Mar 2015 11:12:42 GMT
- Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito are acquitted by Italy's top appeals court of murdering British student Meredith Kercher in 2007 - the final ruling in the case.
- Brazil's economy grew 0.1% in 2014 Fri, 27 Mar 2015 13:53:44 GMT
- Brazil, the world's seventh largest economy, narrowly avoided contracting in 2014 with a growth rate of just 0.1% for the year.
- Israel to resume tax transfers to PA Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:29:12 GMT
- Israel is to stop withholding tax revenues collected on behalf of the Palestinian Authority, a move that has crippled the Palestinian economy.
- Apple boss 'to donate $800m fortune' Sat, 28 Mar 2015 09:48:03 GMT
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says he will give away most of his $800m (£537m) fortune to good causes before he dies.
- Meningitis B vaccine deal agreed Sun, 29 Mar 2015 04:24:51 GMT
- All babies in the UK will soon have a potentially life-saving vaccine against meningitis B after a deal with drug manufacturers, the health secretary says.
- Heads' threat to parents over gaming Sun, 29 Mar 2015 03:07:51 GMT
- Head teachers in Cheshire warn parents they will report them to the authorities if they allow their children to play computer games rated for over-18s.
- Retailers call for review of rates Sun, 29 Mar 2015 01:51:34 GMT
- Scottish retailers call for a "fundamental review" of business rates, ahead of a 2% rise which is due to come into effect on Wednesday.
- Man charged following slavery raids Sat, 28 Mar 2015 18:26:19 GMT
- A man is charged with slavery and fraud offences following raids in Oxford.
- Your pictures: Docks Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:44:05 GMT
- Readers' photographs on the theme of docks.
- Week in pictures: 21-27 March 2015 Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:02:40 GMT
- A selection of the best news photographs from around the world, taken over the past week.
- Kathmandu graffiti Fri, 27 Mar 2015 09:08:49 GMT
- The walls of the Nepali capital come to life
- Day in pictures: 27 March 2015 Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:31:23 GMT
- Images from around the world: 27 March
- In pictures: I'm not voting because... Thu, 26 Mar 2015 04:30:52 GMT
- Denise Felkin's MA project