"To sit alone in the lamplight with a book spread out before you, and hold intimate converse with men of unseen generations--such is a pleasure beyond compare."
- Balloons mistaken for IS propaganda Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:31:57 GMT
- Police in Sweden ask for 21st birthday balloons to be taken down after they are mistaken for Islamic State propaganda.
- Fawwaz guilty of US embassy attacks Thu, 26 Feb 2015 22:30:06 GMT
- A former aide of Osama Bin Laden has been found guilty of plotting the al-Qaeda bombing of US embassies in east Africa in 1998, killing 224 people.
- Historic objects return to Australia Fri, 27 Feb 2015 00:27:46 GMT
- A collection of rare objects, including a shield thought to have been picked up by Captain Cook in 1770, are set to return to Australia for the first time.
- Third arrest in Copenhagen shootings Fri, 27 Feb 2015 11:27:45 GMT
- Danish police arrest a third man suspected of aiding a gunman who killed two people in attacks in Copenhagen earlier this month.
- Argentine president case dismissed Thu, 26 Feb 2015 23:59:26 GMT
- A federal judge in Argentina dismisses accusations that President Cristina Fernandez had covered up alleged Iranian involvement in 1994 a bomb attack.
- Islamic State 'smashes Iraq statues' Thu, 26 Feb 2015 21:52:00 GMT
- A video released by the Islamic State group appears to show the destruction of statues said to be ancient artefacts from northern Iraq.
- Boehner silent on shutdown vote Thu, 26 Feb 2015 20:32:46 GMT
- House Speaker John Boehner has refused to say if the House will vote on a Senate bill funding homeland security before a Friday deadline.
- Labour to reveal tuition fee cut plan Fri, 27 Feb 2015 10:37:09 GMT
- Ed Miliband is to say £9,000 tuition fees in England have been a "disaster" and will set out how Labour would fund a reduction.
- Farage: UKIP backs Tories on deficit Fri, 27 Feb 2015 10:21:37 GMT
- Nigel Farage says UKIP will back Conservative efforts to eliminate the deficit by 2018 but only if they stick to their plans.
- Start date for 'Devo Manc' NHS plan Fri, 27 Feb 2015 11:09:19 GMT
- Greater Manchester will begin taking control of its health budget from April after a devolution agreement is signed by the Chancellor George Osborne.
- Row over Savile hospital access claim Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:14:20 GMT
- The NHS Trust boss responsible for Stoke Mandeville hospital is criticised for telling an MP Jimmy Savile was 'not given free access', the BBC learns.
- Your pictures: Gardens Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:13:02 GMT
- Readers' photographs on the theme of gardens
- Halfway in 24-year photo project Fri, 27 Feb 2015 08:50:50 GMT
- Photographers recording the first 24 hours of each year
- Brit Awards 2015: In Pictures Thu, 26 Feb 2015 02:11:56 GMT
- Highlights from this year's ceremony in London
- In pictures: Vintage Nasa photographs for sale Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:37:26 GMT
- Space photos go under the hammer