"Nothing more rapidly inclines a person to go into a monastery than reading a book on etiquette. There are so many trivial ways in which it is possible to commit some social sin."
—Quentin Crisp (b. 1908) British author
- Uganda al-Shabab prosecutor killed Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:28:38 GMT
- Joan Kagezi, the top Ugandan state prosecutor in the trial of 13 men suspected of a deadly al-Shabab bomb attack, is shot dead in Kampala.
- Fifteen killed in Kashmir landslide Tue, 31 Mar 2015 07:18:01 GMT
- At least 15 people have died in landslides following floods in Indian-administered Kashmir, officials say.
- Spanish police probe UK couple deaths Tue, 31 Mar 2015 08:25:34 GMT
- Police are continuing to investigate the deaths of British couple Peter and Jean Tarsey, both 77, who were found dead with bullet wounds in a village near Benidorm.
- Death toll from Chile floods rises Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:51:13 GMT
- The number of people killed in flash floods in northern Chile rises to 17 while the search continues for 20 people still missing.
- Cash pledged at Syria aid conference Tue, 31 Mar 2015 12:06:46 GMT
- A UN donors' conference set up to raise billions of dollars for Syria opens in Kuwait with the host country, the EU and US among those pledging aid.
- One dead after shooting at NSA Mon, 30 Mar 2015 20:30:05 GMT
- Officials say two men dressed as women tried to break through a security gate to the National Security Agency headquarters.
- Election fight over living standards Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:58:23 GMT
- The Conservatives and Liberal Democrats welcome pre-election figures showing growth in household incomes but Labour says working families are still struggling.
- Tourist died from gunshot wounds Tue, 31 Mar 2015 09:45:21 GMT
- A British tourist killed in a terror attack at a museum in Tunisia died from gunshot wounds, a coroner hears.
- B&Q set to close about 60 stores Tue, 31 Mar 2015 08:12:46 GMT
- Kingfisher, the owner of DIY chains B&Q and Screwfix, is to close about 60 B&Q stores in UK and Ireland over the next two years.
- Borneo man guilty of Britons' murder Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:10:34 GMT
- A Malaysian court finds a local man guilty of murdering two British medical students in Borneo.
- No work, no football in time of Ebola Tue, 31 Mar 2015 02:44:49 GMT
- How Ebola still affects love lives and wallets
- Election 2015 in pictures: 30 March Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:47:45 GMT
- Parliament is dissolved and the race for No 10 begins
- Your pictures: Docks Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:44:05 GMT
- Readers' photographs on the theme of docks.
- Week in pictures: 21-27 March 2015 Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:02:40 GMT
- A selection of the best news photographs from around the world, taken over the past week.
- Kathmandu graffiti Fri, 27 Mar 2015 09:08:49 GMT
- The walls of the Nepali capital come to life