"A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest."
— (Anna) Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962) American diplomat, writer, US First Lady
- Namibia votes in first Africa e-poll Fri, 28 Nov 2014 05:33:00 GMT
- Namibians are voting to elect the country's new president and parliament - in what is the first electronic national election in Africa.
- India relaxes visas to boost tourism Fri, 28 Nov 2014 06:24:22 GMT
- Tourists from US, Australia, Brazil, Germany and Japan can now get visas on arrival in India after the country extended its limited scheme.
- Italy suspends flu drug over deaths Fri, 28 Nov 2014 10:41:39 GMT
- Italy suspends the use of two batches of a flu vaccine made by Swiss firm Novartis after four people died within 48 hours of receiving the drug.
- Mexican president to overhaul police Thu, 27 Nov 2014 22:28:18 GMT
- Mexico's president announces plans for a massive overhaul of police, in the wake of the disappearance of 43 students in September.
- Israel 'foils Jerusalem attacks' Thu, 27 Nov 2014 13:47:19 GMT
- Israel says it has uncovered a Hamas cell in the West Bank that was planning to carry out a series of attacks in Jerusalem, including one on a stadium.
- Tensions ease in protest-hit Ferguson Thu, 27 Nov 2014 16:59:34 GMT
- A level of calm returns to the streets of Ferguson after two nights of unrest, although dozens of protesters have been arrested in California.
- Police attend 'Black Friday' crowds Fri, 28 Nov 2014 12:52:49 GMT
- Police are called to supermarkets across the UK amid crowd surges as people hunt for "Black Friday" offers.
- Lowest ever winter deaths recorded Fri, 28 Nov 2014 10:17:31 GMT
- The lowest ever number of winter deaths were recorded last year, official figures for England and Wales show.
- Energy firms hit with £39m penalty Fri, 28 Nov 2014 08:16:44 GMT
- Regulator Ofgem imposes record £28m penalty on power generator Drax, while InterGen faces an £11m payout, for missing energy saving obligations
- Plebgate row was 'nonsense incident' Fri, 28 Nov 2014 12:14:47 GMT
- A police officer who witnessed the so-called "plebgate" row says it was a "nonsense incident" that should not have cost Andrew Mitchell his job.
- Lewis Hamilton: A photographer's view Thu, 27 Nov 2014 02:29:41 GMT
- A photographer's view
- Your pictures: Insects Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:12:17 GMT
- Readers' photos on the theme of "insects"
- Day in pictures: 26 November 2014 Wed, 26 Nov 2014 12:54:02 GMT
- 24 hours of news images: 25 November
- In pictures: Ferguson riots aftermath Tue, 25 Nov 2014 18:28:14 GMT
- Scenes of widespread damage in Ferguson
- Picture power: Pausing the moment Wed, 26 Nov 2014 04:12:21 GMT
- Story behind an image of a student protest