"If God kills, lies, cheats, discriminates, and otherwise behaves in a manner that puts the Mafia to shame, that's Okay, he's God. He can do whatever he wants. Anyone who adheres to this philosophy has had his sense of morality, decency, justice and humaneness warped beyond recognition by the very book that is supposedly preaching the opposite."
- Bowie bassist Bolder dies aged 62 Tue, 21 May 2013 22:26:01 GMT
- Trevor Bolder, the bassist in David Bowie's legendary 1970s backing band Spiders From Mars, has died from cancer at the age of 62.
- In pictures: India's fading trams Mon, 20 May 2013 23:19:20 GMT
- India's last remaining tramcars
- In pictures: Monster tornado hits Oklahoma Tue, 21 May 2013 16:17:59 GMT
- Gigantic tornado rips through Oklahoma City
- Eurovision Song Contest in pictures Sat, 18 May 2013 23:31:10 GMT
- 58th Eurovision Song Contest in Malmo
- Day in pictures: 20 May 2013 Mon, 20 May 2013 11:45:58 GMT
- Twenty-four hours of news photos: 20 May
- In pictures: English ritual year Sat, 18 May 2013 08:29:31 GMT
- Idiosyncratic English rituals on camera
- Week in pictures: 11-17 May 2013 Fri, 17 May 2013 15:40:43 GMT
- Some of the best news photos this week
- In pictures: Things come apart Fri, 17 May 2013 07:26:07 GMT
- Inside everyday objects and design classics
- In pictures: Raw power of the Sun Fri, 17 May 2013 06:17:41 GMT
- Best pictures of our parent star
- Readers' music to banish the blues Tue, 21 May 2013 16:07:58 GMT
- The songs readers most enjoy when they are feeling low
- How religions change their mind Tue, 21 May 2013 02:22:29 GMT
- How does a religion change what it believes?
- The Indian doctor revered in China Tue, 21 May 2013 15:07:18 GMT
- Why does every Chinese leader want to salute this Indian?
- Rios Montt trial: Fight goes on Tue, 21 May 2013 18:51:15 GMT
- Fights goes on in Guatemala as genocide verdict overturned
- South Africa rising? A country of contradictions Tue, 21 May 2013 20:18:36 GMT
- The country's economy still caught in contradictions
- Clock ticks on Swiss banking secrecy Tue, 21 May 2013 08:43:26 GMT
- Swiss banks creak under pressure to end trademark secrecy