"There is no reason why the same man should like the same book at 18 and at 48."
—Ezra Loomis Pound (1885-1972) American writer, poet, Cantos, ABC of Reading
- Hlatshwayo not fit to face Ghana Sun, 25 Jan 2015 15:21:31 GMT
- South Africa defender Thulani Hlatshwayo is ruled out of Tuesday's Africa Cup of Nations match against Ghana.
- Philippines 'hid homeless from Pope' Fri, 23 Jan 2015 12:52:20 GMT
- The government in the Philippines is facing calls for an inquiry after it temporarily relocated homeless people during Pope Francis' visit.
- Cruise ship hit by engine room fire Sun, 25 Jan 2015 15:28:13 GMT
- A cruise ship with more than 1,000 people on board was left temporarily without power off the coast of Morocco after a fire in the engine room.
- Venezuelans protest over shortages Sun, 25 Jan 2015 01:27:13 GMT
- Thousands of Venezuelans attend an opposition march blaming failed government policies for widespread shortages.
- Libya's Ansar confirms chief's death Sun, 25 Jan 2015 05:05:34 GMT
- Libya's Islamist group Ansar al-Sharia confirms its leader Mohammad al-Zahawi has died, after apparently being wounded in October.
- US planes targeted by bomb threats Sat, 24 Jan 2015 23:36:17 GMT
- Police search two aircraft at Atlanta's airport after receiving "credible" bomb threats - but later give the all-clear.
- Farage hits back at defecting MEP Sun, 25 Jan 2015 15:25:43 GMT
- An MEP who has defected to the Conservatives had "reached the end of the road" with UKIP, party leader Nigel Farage says.
- Tories 'close to TV debates deal' Sun, 25 Jan 2015 16:01:19 GMT
- The Conservatives are close to agreeing to new plans for pre-election television debates, the party's chairman Grant Shapps says.
- £2.9bn child support 'uncollectable' Sun, 25 Jan 2015 06:47:46 GMT
- Billions of pounds owed in child maintenance may never be recovered, government accounts show - though ministers say the debts are not "forgotten".
- Rally held over Fox 'Muslim' claims Sun, 25 Jan 2015 16:24:20 GMT
- A multi-faith rally, partly inspired by comments made on US TV describing Birmingham as a 'no-go area' for non-Muslims, is held.
- Week in pictures: 17-23 January 2015 Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:51:44 GMT
- News photos from around the world
- Day in pictures: 23 January 2015 Fri, 23 Jan 2015 13:37:17 GMT
- Images from around the world: 23 January
- Picture power: Tear gas at Kenyan primary school Fri, 23 Jan 2015 02:08:54 GMT
- Story behind the Kenyan protest photo
- Instagram: The 'homeless' chief executive Thu, 22 Jan 2015 08:32:55 GMT
- Cillin Perera's daily photographic project
- In Pictures: Snowfall around the UK Wed, 21 Jan 2015 16:04:13 GMT
- Images from around the UK