"No man can be called friendless when he has God and the companionship of good books."
—Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-61) British poet
- Ants in space grapple with zero-g Tue, 31 Mar 2015 08:09:26 GMT
- A study finds that ants on board the International Space Station still use teamwork to search new areas, despite falling off the walls of their containers for up to eight seconds.
- Portugal 0-2 Cape Verde Islands Tue, 31 Mar 2015 22:21:06 GMT
- Portugal rest captain Cristiano Ronaldo and suffer a shock defeat at home to African side Cape Verde Islands.
- S Korea charges US envoy attacker Wed, 01 Apr 2015 11:47:16 GMT
- A South Korean man who attacked the US envoy to Seoul with a knife, slashing his face and arms, is charged with attempted murder.
- Fatal storms hit northern Europe Wed, 01 Apr 2015 06:27:15 GMT
- At least nine people have been killed in gales that have battered Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the UK.
- Bolivia minister sacked for Chile logo Wed, 01 Apr 2015 11:18:15 GMT
- Bolivia's Defence Minister Jorge Ledezma is sacked after he travelled to neighbouring Chile wearing a top with a controversial motto.
- Blast at Yemen factory 'kills 35' Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:55:47 GMT
- At least 35 workers have been killed by a blast at a diary factory in Yemen, medics say, as Saudi-led air strikes continue against Houthi rebels.
- Arkansas passes 'religion' bill Wed, 01 Apr 2015 03:43:52 GMT
- The US state of Arkansas approves a religious freedom bill similar to one that caused a storm of protest in Indiana from gay rights supporters.
- Bosses' letter fuels business battle Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:54:49 GMT
- The Conservatives welcome an "unprecedented" endorsement by 100 business leaders - as Labour pledges to tackle the "epidemic" of zero-hours contracts.
- EU milk quota system is abolished Wed, 01 Apr 2015 10:28:15 GMT
- EU milk quotas are scrapped, bringing an end to more than 30 years of efforts to prevent overproduction.
- London Mafia boss sentence dropped Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:09:06 GMT
- A Mafia boss who faced extradition to serve a jail term in Italy after living in London since 1993 has his sentence dropped by Italian authorities.
- Warning over IS-radicalised children Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:31:14 GMT
- Parents and teachers are not telling police about children who may try to join Islamic State (IS) for fear of criminalising them, a former senior prosecutor says.
- In pictures: Open, Youth and Mobile Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:27:38 GMT
- Open and Youth winners in Sony World Photo Awards
- Weather in pictures: 31 March Tue, 31 Mar 2015 17:33:51 GMT
- Winds batter Britain causing travel disruption
- Election 2015 in pictures: 31 March Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:33:17 GMT
- The first full day of campaigning
- No work, no football in time of Ebola Tue, 31 Mar 2015 02:44:49 GMT
- How Ebola still affects love lives and wallets