"We know where most of the creativity, the innovation, the stuff that drives productivity lies--in the minds of those closest to the work. It's been there in front of our noses all along while we've been running around chasing robots and reading books on how to become Japanese--or at least manage like them."
—John F. Welch
- Smartphones pack huge batteries Mon, 27 Apr 2015 13:20:59 GMT
- New smartphones from Lenovo and Acer feature much bigger batteries than is the norm for a handset.
- Valve boss responds on 'mod' row Mon, 27 Apr 2015 14:22:08 GMT
- Valve boss Gabe Newell has defended the company's decision to let developers of some game modifications or 'mods' charge for their creations.
- Rediscovered Bacon portraits unveiled Mon, 27 Apr 2015 02:11:17 GMT
- Two self-portraits by Francis Bacon are going on public display for the first time after being rediscovered in a private collection, before being sold.
- Furious 7 stays top of US box office Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11:19:45 GMT
- Furious 7 tops the US and Canada's box office for a fourth week, as Avengers: Age of Ultron tops the international chart a week ahead of its US release.
- Back pain link to chimpanzee spine Mon, 27 Apr 2015 02:29:07 GMT
- People with lower back problems are more likely to have a spine similar in shape to the chimpanzee, our closest ape ancestor.
- Nepal quake 'followed historic pattern' Mon, 27 Apr 2015 16:08:52 GMT
- Nepal's devastating magnitude-7.8 earthquake on Saturday was primed over 80 years ago by its last massive earthquake in 1934, geologists working in the region say.
- No life-saving surgery 'for billions' Mon, 27 Apr 2015 02:33:40 GMT
- Two-thirds of the world's population have no access to safe and affordable surgery, according to a new study in The Lancet.
- Pepsi to ditch artificial sweetener Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11:59:55 GMT
- A controversial artificial sweetener is being removed from Diet Pepsi in the US following consumer concerns about its safety.
- Bournemouth 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Mon, 27 Apr 2015 20:53:14 GMT
- Bournemouth all but seal their Premier League place as they go three points and 19 goals clear of Middlesbrough with one game left.
- 'My head says Mayweather will win' Mon, 27 Apr 2015 16:09:39 GMT
- Ricky Hatton has fought Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao and says the American will adapt his style and win.
- The rise and fall of the Bombshell Bandit Tue, 28 Apr 2015 01:45:22 GMT
- In the summer of 2014 an unusual bank robber shocked, mystified and captivated the US. The Bombshell Bandit tells Jeff Maysh her story.
- The moment Nepal's earthquake hit my home Tue, 28 Apr 2015 01:49:10 GMT
- Nepali journalist Bhrikuti Rai describes the moment the earthquake hit her flat in Kathmandu and reports how people in the capital are coping.
- PM's 'brain fade' over football team Sat, 25 Apr 2015 13:44:38 GMT
- David Cameron comes under fire from Twitter users after saying in a speech that he supported West Ham - when he is an Aston Villa fan.
- Belgrade residents in duck protest Mon, 27 Apr 2015 10:55:10 GMT
- Protesters in the Serbian capital adopt a large foam duck as a symbol of their defiance.
- Burundi police battle protesters Mon, 27 Apr 2015 16:57:07 GMT
- Police in Burundi clash with thousands of protesters angered by President Pierre Nkurunziza's decision to run for a third term in office.