"Go through your phone book, call people and ask them to drive you to the airport. The ones who will drive you are your true friends. The rest aren't bad people; they're just acquaintances."
—Jay Leno American comedian/ performer/ talk show host Tonight Show
- Later sunsets 'make kids more active' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:15:39 GMT
- Moving the clocks forward by one extra hour all year could lead to children getting two more minutes of exercise every day, say UK researchers.
- 'Nine million have TB' - WHO report Wed, 22 Oct 2014 15:17:01 GMT
- The World Health Organization revises its estimate as to how many people have tuberculosis up by 500,000, in its latest report into the killer disease.
- Balotelli 'reminded of club culture' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 15:44:30 GMT
- Brendan Rodgers reminds Mario Balotelli of the club's culture after the player swapped shirts with Real Madrid's Pepe.
- Ronaldo plays down Messi rivalry Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:36:56 GMT
- Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo plays down his individual duel with Barcelona's Lionel Messi in Saturday's El Clasico.
- Remembering Ben Bradlee Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:26:06 GMT
- Today presenter James Naughtie remembers his friend, the legendary Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee who's died aged 93.
- Tales from the India Office Tue, 21 Oct 2014 23:04:32 GMT
- Millions of documents recording Britain's 350-year presence in the sub-continent reveal some exotic stories.
- Guinea paying Ebola compensation Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:29:39 GMT
- The head of Guinea's Ebola mission says the government has started paying compensation to the families of health workers who have died of the virus.
- Japan court backs pregnant woman Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:59:21 GMT
- Japan's Supreme Court backs a woman who unsuccessfully sued her employer following a demotion due to her pregnancy.
- Everton fans 'hit with tear gas' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 15:04:42 GMT
- Everton fans are reportedly targeted by tear gas fired by police ahead of their Europa League match with Lille.
- Mayor 'ordered attack on students' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:19:31 GMT
- The mayor of the Mexican town of Iguala, where 43 students went missing last month, is wanted for allegedly ordering police to confront them.
- Saudi women jailed for terror links Thu, 23 Oct 2014 13:18:23 GMT
- Four women in Saudi Arabia have been given prison sentences for supporting al-Qaeda and training their sons for jihad.
- Obama 'optimistic' over Ebola in US Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:42:32 GMT
- President Barack Obama expresses cautious optimism about the Ebola situation in the US, as new screening rules are introduced in the country.
- NHS funds rise 'tough but possible' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 15:53:34 GMT
- Increasing NHS spending in England by the £8bn health bosses warn will be needed by 2020 will be tough but possible, the health secretary says.
- 'Scandalous' release of police killer Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:56:06 GMT
- A notorious police killer is to be released after 48 years in prison in a decision described as "scandalous" and "sickening"
- Vicar sham weddings trial collapses Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:08:37 GMT
- The trial collapses of a vicar accused of carrying out hundreds of sham weddings - after the judge says immigration officers lied on oath.