"There is no reason why the same man should like the same book at 18 and at 48."
—Ezra Loomis Pound (1885-1972) American writer, poet, Cantos, ABC of Reading
- Nokia name row with London start-up Fri, 30 Jan 2015 16:59:13 GMT
- Nokia has threatened legal action against a UK start-up over the use of the word "HERE".
- Office puts chips under staff's skin Thu, 29 Jan 2015 17:01:30 GMT
- Rory Cellan-Jones visits a building where microchipped workers gain entry and use photocopiers by holding up their hands - and trials the tech himself.
- Robbie Coltrane taken ill on flight Fri, 30 Jan 2015 10:11:58 GMT
- Harry Potter actor Robbie Coltrane is admitted to hospital in Florida with flu-like symptoms after falling ill during a flight from London.
- Conductor dies after stage collapse Fri, 30 Jan 2015 12:18:28 GMT
- Renowned conductor Israel Yinon dies, aged 59, after collapsing during a concert performance in Switzerland.
- Controllers banking on Philae wake-up Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:28:09 GMT
- The European Space Agency says it will conduct no more dedicated searches for its lost comet lander, and will now wait for the probe itself to call home.
- Leak suggests cosmic study was wrong Fri, 30 Jan 2015 11:29:10 GMT
- Scientists who claimed to have found evidence for a cosmic super-expansion at the Big Bang made no such discovery, a leak of a concluding study suggests.
- Child obesity rates 'levelling off' Fri, 30 Jan 2015 00:04:14 GMT
- The rise in childhood obesity, which has left one in three children overweight, may be beginning to level off in the under-10s, a study suggests.
- Bedtime 'has huge impact on sport' Fri, 30 Jan 2015 05:28:20 GMT
- Our internal body clock has such a dramatic impact on sporting ability that it could alter the chances of Olympic gold.
- Costa must change, says Pellegrini Fri, 30 Jan 2015 15:31:11 GMT
- Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini says Chelsea striker Diego Costa must change after being banned for stamping.
- England confidence growing - Morgan Fri, 30 Jan 2015 12:57:56 GMT
- Captain Eoin Morgan says England are growing in confidence, having reached the final of the tri-series in Australia.
- How Russia outfoxes its enemies Thu, 29 Jan 2015 01:39:20 GMT
- The annexation of Crimea was the latest instance of an age-old Russian military deception tactic known as maskirovka, writes Lucy Ash.
- China's super-rich communist Buddhists Thu, 29 Jan 2015 01:35:29 GMT
- There are new signs that while a crackdown on Tibetan nationalism continues, China may be softening its position towards the Tibetan Buddhism, and even the Dalai Lama.
- 'Room service over' for rescued koala Fri, 30 Jan 2015 05:10:32 GMT
- A koala who shot to fame after being pictured receiving treatment for burnt paws has been returned to the wild, says the expert who treated him.
- China revives 'Moscow of the East' Fri, 30 Jan 2015 11:30:43 GMT
- Chinese city with historic Moscow ties gets Russian theme park.
- AU backs anti-Boko Haram troops plan Fri, 30 Jan 2015 15:04:56 GMT
- The African Union backs plans for a West African task force of 7,500 troops to fight Boko Haram militants.