"A bad book about the love of God remains a bad book."
—Thomas Merton (1915-68) American religious writer The Seven Story Mountain, No Man Is an Island
- Doctor Who movie mooted in Sony leak Fri, 17 Apr 2015 14:03:08 GMT
- Plans for a Doctor Who movie and George Clooney's email address are among the details posted on WikiLeaks, following last year's cyber-attack on Sony Pictures.
- Han Solo in new Star Wars trailer Thu, 16 Apr 2015 22:02:51 GMT
- Star Wars fans are given a first glimpse of Han Solo in the new trailer for The Force Awakens - the first film in the new series of the sci-fi franchise.
- '3D Cryosat' tracks Arctic winter ice Fri, 17 Apr 2015 12:00:03 GMT
- Although Arctic sea ice set a record this year for its lowest ever satellite-observed winter extent - that was not the case for its volume, new data reveals.
- Demand for rubber 'threatens forests' Fri, 17 Apr 2015 12:46:41 GMT
- The global demand for rubber tyres is threatening protected forests in Southeast Asia, according to a study.
- 'Preventable rabies kills 160 per day' Fri, 17 Apr 2015 00:19:20 GMT
- More than 160 people die every day from rabies, despite it being a preventable disease, says a report by the Global Alliance for Rabies Control.
- Dementia 'halted in mice brains' Wed, 15 Apr 2015 09:58:13 GMT
- Tweaking the brain's immune system with a drug has prevented mice developing dementia, a study shows.
- Man Utd in our pockets - Mourinho Sat, 18 Apr 2015 20:38:09 GMT
- Jose Mourinho believes Manchester United's important players were "in Chelsea's pockets" during their 1-0 home win.
- Ferrari hard to beat - Hamilton Sat, 18 Apr 2015 19:54:23 GMT
- Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton says he expects Ferrari will be "very hard to beat" in Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix.
- Breathing poison in the world's most polluted city Sun, 19 Apr 2015 01:27:59 GMT
- When Delhi was named as the world's most polluted city, it came as a shock to most residents. For many, that has now given way to a persistent, nagging anxiety.
- How the selfie stick was invented twice Sun, 19 Apr 2015 01:32:22 GMT
- Two men on opposite sides of the world invented the selfie stick - and first of them did it way back in the early 1980s.
- Zebras roam free in Brussels Fri, 17 Apr 2015 19:12:43 GMT
- Zebras running through the streets of Brussels is only the latest "animals at large" story to hit the headlines.
- Airline launching Star Wars plane Fri, 17 Apr 2015 06:26:19 GMT
- Star Wars plane being launched by All Nippon Airways later this year ahead of the release of The Force Awakens.
- Attack on UN Mali convoy kills two Sat, 18 Apr 2015 14:42:03 GMT
- A United Nations supply convoy is attacked near the city of Gao in northern Mali, with two civilian drivers killed.
- Police 'foil Melbourne terror plot' Sat, 18 Apr 2015 08:08:38 GMT
- Australian police charge a teenager in connection with what they say was an Islamic State-inspired plot to attack a World War One centenary event.
- Ukraine rebel in ceasefire warning Sat, 18 Apr 2015 14:11:25 GMT
- A senior separatist leader in eastern Ukraine says a ceasefire deal will fail unless Kiev recognises the independence of rebel-held territory.