"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them."
—Mark Twain (1835-1910) [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] American author, humorist
- Sony to pay Vita owners after bad ad Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:05:19 GMT
- Sony agrees to reimburse some owners of the PlayStation Vita after being accused of making false claims about its features,
- Come clean on ads, vloggers told Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:28:02 GMT
- Video bloggers are being told they need to be completely clear about when they are being paid to promote products.
- Birdman set to soar at Spirit Awards Wed, 26 Nov 2014 08:45:04 GMT
- Showbusiness satire Birdman leads the flock at this year's Spirit Awards after being nominated for six prizes, including best film.
- AC/DC drummer appears in court in NZ Wed, 26 Nov 2014 02:53:34 GMT
- The Australian drummer of rock group AC/DC briefly appears in court in New Zealand, arriving late, to face a charge of threatening to kill.
- UK team's data bonanza from comet Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:46:50 GMT
- UK researchers obtain "rich" data from the Philae lander just before its power died.
- Gravity map traces ocean circulation Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:37:30 GMT
- Scientists use gravity data to produce what they say is the most accurate space view yet of global ocean currents and the speed at which they move.
- Ebola 'stable' in Guinea - WHO Sat, 22 Nov 2014 15:33:53 GMT
- The deadly Ebola outbreak is now "stable" in Guinea, the country where the latest crisis began, the World Health Organization says.
- Brain's dementia weak spot found Tue, 25 Nov 2014 00:06:07 GMT
- The brain has a weak spot for Alzheimer's disease and schizophrenia, according to experts who have pinpointed the region using scans.
- Boks make five changes for Wales Wed, 26 Nov 2014 09:50:28 GMT
- South Africa coach Heyneke Meyer has made five changes to his starting XV to face Wales at the Millennium Stadium on Saturday.
- 'Weak Mignolet has been exposed' Wed, 26 Nov 2014 11:52:23 GMT
- Former Liverpool goalkeeper Bruce Grobbelaar says Simon Mignolet's " is the main reason the Reds are struggling this season.
- The mysterious disappearance of a celebrity preacher Tue, 25 Nov 2014 00:19:57 GMT
- Aimee Semple McPherson was one of the most glamorous women in the US in the 1920s - but there is still one unexplained mystery in the evangelist's life.
- The battle for control of the cigarette packet Mon, 24 Nov 2014 00:15:37 GMT
- As cigarette packet health warnings grow ever bigger and gorier, tobacco companies have been finding other ways to give their products a distinctive look and feel.
- Passengers 'push frozen plane' Wed, 26 Nov 2014 11:32:11 GMT
- People on board a flight in Russia get out and push the aircraft after its braking system freezes.
- Three years to study Kim Jong-un Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:00:13 GMT
- Secondary school students in North Korea will now have to complete an 81-hour course on the country's leader.
- Sudan 'wants UN rights office shut' Wed, 26 Nov 2014 12:39:01 GMT
- Sudan's government has asked the UN-Africa Union force in Darfur (Unamid) to shut its human rights office, the joint peacekeeping mission says.