"Be careful of reading health books, you might die of a misprint."
—Mark Twain (1835-1910) [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] American author, humorist
- VIDEO: The dog with 3D printed legs Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:34:21 GMT
- BBC Click looks at some of the week's technology highlights.
- Ferguson bows out of US talk show Sat, 20 Dec 2014 16:32:26 GMT
- Scots-born comedian Craig Ferguson hosts his last edition of US talk show The Late Late Show after a run of 10 years.
- Caroline Flack wins Strictly title Sat, 20 Dec 2014 21:02:47 GMT
- Television presenter Caroline Flack and partner Pasha Kovalev are voted winners of Strictly Come Dancing, beating singers Frankie Bridge and Simon Webbe.
- Antarctic science archive unlocked Sat, 20 Dec 2014 01:19:32 GMT
- Aerial photographs from the 1940s and 1950s are being used to probe the climate history of the Antarctic Peninsula.
- LA River's flood role is 'paramount' Fri, 19 Dec 2014 16:27:39 GMT
- Any moves to modify the concrete Los Angeles River, to return parts of it to a more natural setting or to capture water, must not compromise its flood-protection function, say scientists.
- Asthma inhalers 'not used properly' Sat, 20 Dec 2014 00:00:55 GMT
- Charities warn patients are not being taught how to use potentially life-saving asthma inhalers and allergy auto-injectors correctly.
- Stem cell scandal scientist resigns Fri, 19 Dec 2014 12:27:15 GMT
- A Japanese stem cell scientist at the heart of a scandal over false claims and fabricated research has resigned.
- Pietersen exclusion is 'ludicrous' Sun, 21 Dec 2014 13:13:40 GMT
- Former Australian batsman Matthew Hayden tells the BBC that Kevin Pietersen should be in the England World Cup squad.
- Dundee United 2-1 Celtic Sun, 21 Dec 2014 14:08:30 GMT
- Dundee United beat Celtic 2-1 to go second in the Premiership and move to within four points of the league leaders.
- How 12 days of Christmas have become 12 pubs Sat, 20 Dec 2014 00:19:56 GMT
- Dublin's pubs are experiencing a new phenomenon - the 12 days of Christmas have turned into the 12 pubs of Christmas... visited all in one night.
- Teaching winter to new US refugees Sat, 20 Dec 2014 01:07:55 GMT
- Thousands of refugees arrive in the US each year, and those who end up in chilly Minnesota have to learn about what to expect for their first winter.
- Kazakh villages in guard wolf craze Wed, 17 Dec 2014 14:49:32 GMT
- Villagers in Kazakhstan are increasingly buying wolves to guard their land.
- Helsinki 'lacks luxury hotels' Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:36:34 GMT
- Finnish capital loses out on chance to host music awards show, because there aren't enough swanky hotels for stars.
- Liberia vote count in Ebola-hit poll Sun, 21 Dec 2014 15:01:21 GMT
- Votes are being counted in Liberia's senate election held on Saturday despite a deadly Ebola outbreak, but many people decided to stay away.
- Xi defends 'one-China' idea in Macau Sat, 20 Dec 2014 14:02:12 GMT
- Chinese President Xi Jinping urges Macau residents to respect the "one-China" policy, amid street protests in the former Portuguese colony.