"Wisdom is perishable. Unlike information or knowledge, it cannot be stored in a computer or recorded in a book. It expires with each passing generation."
- Queen's new coin portrait unveiled Mon, 02 Mar 2015 12:55:37 GMT
- A new coinage portrait of the Queen is unveiled, but the image will only appear on coins later this year.
- NZ motorists take bad drivers' keys Mon, 02 Mar 2015 11:16:16 GMT
- Motorists in New Zealand are confiscating the keys of people they think are driving dangerously, particularly foreign tourists.
- First tree seeds for Doomsday vault Mon, 02 Mar 2015 01:39:48 GMT
- The Svalbard "Doomsday" seed vault, which protects the world's food crops, accepts its first consignment of seeds from forest tree species.
- US markets reach all-time highs Mon, 02 Mar 2015 21:19:06 GMT
- US stocks hit record levels, with both the Dow Jones and the S&P 500 closing at all-time highs and the Nasdaq breaking the 5,000 barrier for the first time in 15 years.
- Liverpool FC finances back in black Mon, 02 Mar 2015 18:06:26 GMT
- Liverpool Football Club reports a profit for the first time in seven years, mainly as a result of rising media revenue from the Premier League.
- Samsung S6 phone has curved screen Sun, 01 Mar 2015 17:31:05 GMT
- Samsung confirms that one version of its new Galaxy S6 flagship smartphone will have a screen that curves round its sides
- Sony and Microsoft focus on price Mon, 02 Mar 2015 08:02:12 GMT
- Sony and Microsoft reveal mid-range smartphones with features previously reserved for their top handsets at Mobile World Congress.
- Leonard Nimoy's funeral held in LA Mon, 02 Mar 2015 15:04:45 GMT
- Star Trek actor Leonard Nimoy is buried in Los Angeles, as fans and friends pay tribute.
- Dakota Johnson's IS skit criticised Mon, 02 Mar 2015 12:07:28 GMT
- A spoof advert for IS starring Fifty Shades of Grey actress Dakota Johnson is broadcast on Saturday Night Live, causing a furore on Twitter.
- Bright spotlight on Ceres mission Mon, 02 Mar 2015 21:39:12 GMT
- As Nasa's Dawn satellite prepares to enter into orbit around the dwarf planet Ceres, scientists say they are excited to learn more about the two bright spots on its surface.
- DNA documents ancient mass migration Mon, 02 Mar 2015 17:29:21 GMT
- DNA analysis has revealed evidence for a massive migration into the heartland of Europe 4,500 years ago.
- Coffee linked to 'cleaner' arteries Tue, 03 Mar 2015 00:08:56 GMT
- Drinking a few cups of coffee a day may help people avoid clogged arteries - a known risk factor for heart disease - South Korean researchers believe.
- S Leone vice-president in quarantine Sat, 28 Feb 2015 22:53:06 GMT
- The vice-president of Sierra Leone puts himself into quarantine after one of his bodyguards dies from the Ebola virus.
- England footballer in sex arrest Mon, 02 Mar 2015 20:53:40 GMT
- Sunderland suspend winger Adam Johnson after he is arrested on suspicion of having sex with a 15-year-old girl.
- FA wants Team GB sides at Rio 2016 Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:29:29 GMT
- The Football Association is planning to enter men's and women's Great Britain teams at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.