"A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest."
— (Anna) Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962) American diplomat, writer, US First Lady
- Morgan replaces Vunipola for England Fri, 07 Mar 2014 10:17:03 GMT
- How to move a town two miles east Thu, 06 Mar 2014 01:26:46 GMT
- A 20-year project to move a town in Lapland two miles from its current location in the Arctic Circle is about to begin.
- When does a lost dog become the finder's property? Thu, 06 Mar 2014 11:41:10 GMT
- A family in California spent a week looking for their lost dog, only to find it had been adopted by someone else. What legal rights do US dog owners have?
- The mysterious case of Wendell Simlin Fri, 07 Mar 2014 12:37:57 GMT
- A team of online sleuths claim to have exposed an attempt to smear the former governor of Nigeria's central bank.
- Tokyo gas attack cult member jailed Fri, 07 Mar 2014 07:14:25 GMT
- A former member of Japan's Aum Shinrikyo cult, the group which carried out a deadly sarin gas attack in Tokyo, is been jailed for nine years.
- Europol warning over wi-fi hotspots Fri, 07 Mar 2014 03:11:31 GMT
- People should not send sensitive information over public wi-fi hotspots, as data theft by hackers is rising, Europol warns.
- Venezuela expels Panama diplomats Fri, 07 Mar 2014 05:12:08 GMT
- Venezuela expels Panama's ambassador and three others as President Nicolas Maduro accuses the country of meddling amid ongoing opposition rallies.
- Niger extradites Gaddafi's son Thu, 06 Mar 2014 11:30:42 GMT
- The Libyan government says former leader Col Muammar Gaddafi's son, Saadi, has been extradited from Niger and is now in custody in Tripoli.
- US Army prosecutor accused of grope Fri, 07 Mar 2014 01:10:24 GMT
- A top prosecutor of sexual assault cases in the US Army has been accused of groping a female colleague, military officials say.
- Met 'devastated' by Lawrence report Fri, 07 Mar 2014 13:32:11 GMT
- The head of the Met Police says a report which found officers had spied on the family of murdered Stephen Lawrence is devastating for his force.
- Apology over level crossing deaths Fri, 07 Mar 2014 10:20:55 GMT
- Network Rail offers a "full and unreserved apology" to families bereaved by level crossing accidents, as MPs criticise its handling of deaths in the past.
- Lawyers stage second cuts walkout Fri, 07 Mar 2014 12:09:58 GMT
- Thousands of lawyers opposed to legal aid cuts in England and Wales are staging their second walkout this year.
- Currency union refusal 'is final' Fri, 07 Mar 2014 12:34:44 GMT
- The cross-party decision to rule out a monetary union if Scotland became independent is final, the chief secretary to the Treasury says.
- Day in pictures: 6 March 2014 Thu, 06 Mar 2014 15:18:57 GMT
- 24 hours of news photos: 6 March
- In pictures: Venezuela remembers Chavez Thu, 06 Mar 2014 14:24:55 GMT
- First anniversary of President Chavez's death