"Don't join the book burners. Do not think you are going to conceal thoughts by concealing evidence that they ever existed."
—Dwight David Eisenhower (1890-1969) 34th US President, Republican
- BMJ 'right' in statins claims row Fri, 01 Aug 2014 23:25:31 GMT
- An investigation backs the British Medical Journal's handling of two controversial and inaccurate articles it published on the harms of cholesterol-reducing statins.
- HIV drugs 'boost SA life expectancy' Fri, 01 Aug 2014 16:09:18 GMT
- Life expectancy in South Africa has increased dramatically over the last decade mainly thanks to life-saving Aids drugs, a government report says.
- Lampard set for Man City loan move Fri, 01 Aug 2014 20:45:04 GMT
- Former Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard is set to join Manchester City on a loan deal from New York City FC.
- Anderson and Jadeja found not guilty Fri, 01 Aug 2014 16:55:51 GMT
- The International Cricket Council finds James Anderson and Ravindra Jadeja not guilty of breaching its code of conduct.
- America's 'botched' executions Thu, 31 Jul 2014 23:52:41 GMT
- A string of botched lethal injections has led the US president to order an inquiry into how the death penalty is applied - but botching, it turns out, is nothing new.
- The 'Flying Sikh' who won India's first Commonwealth gold Thu, 31 Jul 2014 23:21:49 GMT
- When Milkha Singh took to the track at the 1958 Commonwealth Games in Cardiff few had heard of him - but he made history.
- Uganda court annuls anti-gay law Fri, 01 Aug 2014 18:52:19 GMT
- Uganda's Constitutional Court annuls a tough anti-gay law that had drawn widespread criticism by Western governments and human rights activists.
- Multiple Taiwan gas blasts kill 25 Fri, 01 Aug 2014 07:29:05 GMT
- A series of gas explosions in the southern Taiwanese city of Kaohsiung kills at least 25 people and injures about 267 others.
- MH17 crash team finds human remains Fri, 01 Aug 2014 21:38:02 GMT
- A team of 70 Dutch and Australian forensic experts finds human remains at the site of the flight MH17 crash in east Ukraine as fighting continues.
- Mexico migrants' train deal reached Thu, 31 Jul 2014 10:43:41 GMT
- The US, Mexico and Guatemala will establish more checkpoints along the route of a freight train to prevent migrants from boarding it, Guatemala says.
- Israeli Iron Dome firms 'hacked' Thu, 31 Jul 2014 15:44:33 GMT
- The BBC has seen evidence that appears to confirm hackers stole secret military documents from two Israeli government-owned companies.
- US Ebola victims to be evacuated Fri, 01 Aug 2014 17:14:04 GMT
- Efforts are under way to evacuate two American aid workers infected with the deadly Ebola virus from Liberia, their organisation says.
- Foreign drivers' fines cost 'millions' Sat, 02 Aug 2014 00:43:16 GMT
- Foreign drivers cost councils millions of pounds every year in unpaid parking fines, the Local Government Association says.
- 'Purple pound should attract firms' Fri, 01 Aug 2014 21:03:07 GMT
- Smarter businesses could reduce the extra living costs faced by disabled people, the head of a new commission says.
- Uber taxi app 'competing unfairly' Fri, 01 Aug 2014 22:44:27 GMT
- The Uber taxi app is "competing unfairly" with London's black cabs, senior Labour MP Margaret Hodge says.