"It may not seem like much, but think of the consequences. One overdue library book today, the collapse of the universe by the end of the week."
- Naked mole-rat gives cancer clues Wed, 19 Jun 2013 17:01:25 GMT
- A rodent that never gets cancer could hold the key to preventing or treating malignant tumours, say scientists.
- Silver 'boost to antibiotic success' Thu, 20 Jun 2013 06:21:51 GMT
- Adding silver to antibiotics boosts their ability to fight infection, research suggests.
- Corbisiero named in Lions Test side Thu, 20 Jun 2013 02:12:52 GMT
- Prop Alex Corbisiero is the surprise inclusion in a Lions team featuring eight Welshmen for the first Test against Australia.
- Newcastle situation sickens Shearer Thu, 20 Jun 2013 07:48:15 GMT
- Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has been undermined by Joe Kinnear's appointment as director of football, says Alan Shearer.
- How Israel keeps Holocaust memories alive Tue, 18 Jun 2013 23:43:30 GMT
- The Holocaust carries a special importance for Israel. Can it ensure that the next generation knows what happened, and does not forget?
- The air force pilot who took her baby on missions Tue, 18 Jun 2013 23:30:48 GMT
- Colonel Nabizada - Afghanistan's first woman helicopter pilot - often shares her cockpit with her baby daughter
- UN condemns 'despicable' Somali raid Thu, 20 Jun 2013 00:10:28 GMT
- UN head Ban Ki-moon expresses outrage over a "despicable" attack by Islamists on a UN office in Somalia which killed at least 15 people.
- Eleven jailed in China's Xinjiang Thu, 20 Jun 2013 08:50:49 GMT
- China jails 11 people for crimes of ethnic and religious hatred in the far western region of Xinjiang, state media say.
- Obama calls for nuclear arsenal cuts Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:26:22 GMT
- Speaking at Berlin's Brandenburg Gate, President Barack Obama calls for reductions to be made in US and Russian nuclear stockpiles.
- Mexico arrests top 10 US fugitive Wed, 19 Jun 2013 14:52:38 GMT
- A US fugitive on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted list for the alleged sexual exploitation of children is arrested at a resort in Mexico.
- Protests flare over Egypt governor Wed, 19 Jun 2013 17:53:49 GMT
- Egypt's tourism minister quits and protests erupt as a man with links to Islamists behind the deadly 1997 attack in Luxor is named as city governor.
- FBI uses surveillance drones in US Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:55:40 GMT
- The FBI has used drones for surveillance in limited cases over US soil and is developing a drone use policy, the FBI director tells the US Senate.
- Schools 'let down invisible poor' Thu, 20 Jun 2013 09:08:10 GMT
- The problem of pupil underachievement has shifted from inner cities to schools in suburbs, coastal towns and rural areas, education watchdog Ofsted says.
- CQC 'may reveal NHS cover-up names' Thu, 20 Jun 2013 06:47:14 GMT
- England's NHS regulator is to review a decision not to name those behind a possible "cover-up" after a series of baby deaths at a Cumbria hospital.
- Strong rise in UK retail sales Thu, 20 Jun 2013 08:49:23 GMT
- UK retail sales recorded a stronger-than-expected rise last month, according to official figures.