"Go through your phone book, call people and ask them to drive you to the airport. The ones who will drive you are your true friends. The rest aren't bad people; they're just acquaintances."
—Jay Leno American comedian/ performer/ talk show host Tonight Show
- Europol chief warns on encryption Sun, 29 Mar 2015 00:38:11 GMT
- A European police chief says encrypted online communications are the biggest problem faced by security agencies tackling terrorism.
- 'Threats' against BBC boss investigated Sun, 29 Mar 2015 08:03:54 GMT
- Police investigate alleged death threats against BBC director general Tony Hall, reportedly made after Jeremy Clarkson was dropped from Top Gear.
- Show goes on for One Direction Sun, 29 Mar 2015 08:48:41 GMT
- 1D performed for the first time since Zayn Malik announced he was leaving the group, at a gig in South Africa.
- Duo begin year-long space trip Sat, 28 Mar 2015 01:53:36 GMT
- US astronaut Scott Kelly and Russian cosmonaut Mikhail Kornienko arrive for a 12-month tour of duty on the International Space Station.
- Graphene light bulb set for shops Sat, 28 Mar 2015 18:46:01 GMT
- A light bulb made with graphene - said by its UK developers to be the first commercially viable consumer product using the super-strong carbon - is to go on sale later this year.
- Guinea declares Ebola 'emergency' Sun, 29 Mar 2015 00:00:41 GMT
- Guinean President Alpha Conde has declared a 45-day "health emergency" in five regions in the west and southwest of the Ebola-hit nation.
- Office workers 'too sedentary' Fri, 27 Mar 2015 01:54:21 GMT
- Office workers need to get up and move around more, according to a new campaign.
- Republic of Ireland 1-1 Poland Sun, 29 Mar 2015 20:51:27 GMT
- Shane Long's late equaliser rescues a crucial draw for the Republic of Ireland against Poland in the Euro 2016 qualifier.
- Clarke dedicates victory to Hughes Sun, 29 Mar 2015 12:57:17 GMT
- Captain Michael Clarke dedicates Australia's fifth World Cup title to his former team-mate Phillip Hughes.
- The beast of the Danube Mon, 23 Mar 2015 01:46:19 GMT
- The Danube salmon's last hunting grounds in Europe can be found in the Balkans - but a rash of dam-building poses a risk to its habitat.
- The men who uncovered Assyria Sun, 22 Mar 2015 00:41:43 GMT
- Islamic State is destroying ancient cities excavated by three remarkable men in the middle of the 19th Century - among them the first Iraqi archaeologist.
- Dickens' desk saved for public view Sun, 29 Mar 2015 02:37:21 GMT
- The desk where Charles Dickens wrote Great Expectations is finally on public display thanks to a £780,000 grant.
- Couple marry in supermarket aisle Sat, 28 Mar 2015 18:22:41 GMT
- A couple marry in the Easter egg aisle of the Cambridgeshire supermarket where they shared their first date.
- Mass rally in Tunis over museum raid Sun, 29 Mar 2015 16:55:44 GMT
- Thousands march in Tunis over the Bardo Museum terror attack, as authorities say that one of the raid's leaders has been killed.
- Flood warning issued in Kashmir Mon, 30 Mar 2015 05:08:02 GMT
- A flood alert is issued in Indian-administered Kashmir following torrential rain and a surge in the water level of the Jhelum river.