"Beware of the man of one book."
—Saint Thomas Aquinas (1225-74) Italian Dominican monk, theologian, philosopher
- Suge Knight held over LA death Fri, 30 Jan 2015 12:43:21 GMT
- Death Row Records founder Suge Knight is being held on a murder charge by police after a fatal hit-and-run incident in Los Angeles.
- Conductor dies after stage collapse Fri, 30 Jan 2015 12:18:28 GMT
- Renowned conductor Israel Yinon dies, aged 59, after collapsing during a concert performance in Switzerland.
- Controllers banking on Philae wake-up Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:28:09 GMT
- The European Space Agency says it will conduct no more dedicated searches for its lost comet lander, and will now wait for the probe itself to call home.
- Study fells cosmic inflation claim Fri, 30 Jan 2015 20:54:50 GMT
- Scientists who claimed to have found evidence for a cosmic super-expansion at the Big Bang made no such discovery, a soon-to-be published study will say.
- Child obesity rates 'levelling off' Fri, 30 Jan 2015 00:04:14 GMT
- The rise in childhood obesity, which has left one in three children overweight, may be beginning to level off in the under-10s, a study suggests.
- Bedtime 'has huge impact on sport' Fri, 30 Jan 2015 05:28:20 GMT
- Our internal body clock has such a dramatic impact on sporting ability that it could alter the chances of Olympic gold.
- Sunday's gossip column Sun, 01 Feb 2015 07:35:35 GMT
- Pochettino's Spurs eye Rodriguez, Premier League may punish Mourinho, Reus wants to work with Wenger, plus more.
- Stamp was not on purpose - Costa Sat, 31 Jan 2015 23:30:53 GMT
- Chelsea striker Diego Costa says there was no malicious intent behind his stamp on Liverpool's Emre Can.
- Ireland's heroine who had sex in her baby's tomb Sat, 31 Jan 2015 06:02:48 GMT
- Maud Gonne's grief over a child whose death at the age of two, inspired an unpublished poem by W B Yeats.
- The huddled masses besieging Fortress Calais Sat, 31 Jan 2015 00:14:14 GMT
- Growing numbers of migrants are descending on Calais in northern France in the hope of reaching Britain - but they end up in makeshift camps with little hope of a better life.
- Venezuela 'US reporter' ad dropped Sat, 31 Jan 2015 05:56:23 GMT
- Venezuelan TV withdraws a tourism advert which features an image of a US reporter detained while covering the 2013 elections.
- Suu Kyi's gate to be sold at auction Fri, 30 Jan 2015 13:08:09 GMT
- The metal gate of Nobel prize-winning Burmese politician Aung San Suu Kyi's house is to be auctioned, with a starting price of $200,000.
- Tunisia 1-2 Equatorial Guinea (aet) Sat, 31 Jan 2015 22:26:33 GMT
- Equatorial Guinea beat Tunisia in controversial circumstances to reach the Africa Cup of Nations semi-finals.
- Funerals for Pakistan mosque victims Sat, 31 Jan 2015 14:11:37 GMT
- Funerals take place in Pakistan for the victims of a suicide attack on a Shia mosque during Friday prayers which killed at least 60 people.