"Go through your phone book, call people and ask them to drive you to the airport. The ones who will drive you are your true friends. The rest aren't bad people; they're just acquaintances."
—Jay Leno American comedian/ performer/ talk show host Tonight Show
- Snail genes reveal human migration Thu, 20 Jun 2013 01:43:29 GMT
- A genetic similarity between snail fossils found in Ireland and the Eastern Pyrenees suggests humans migrated from southern Europe to Ireland 8,000 years ago.
- Naked mole-rat gives cancer clues Wed, 19 Jun 2013 17:01:25 GMT
- A rodent that never gets cancer could hold the key to preventing or treating malignant tumours, say scientists.
- Silver 'boost to antibiotic success' Thu, 20 Jun 2013 06:21:51 GMT
- Adding silver to antibiotics boosts their ability to fight infection, research suggests.
- Corbisiero named in Lions Test side Thu, 20 Jun 2013 02:12:52 GMT
- Prop Alex Corbisiero is the surprise inclusion in a Lions team featuring eight Welshmen for the first Test.
- Australia give three players debuts Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:40:52 GMT
- Australia name Israel Folau among three debutants for Saturday's first Test against the British & Irish Lions in Brisbane.
- How Israel keeps Holocaust memories alive Tue, 18 Jun 2013 23:43:30 GMT
- The Holocaust carries a special importance for Israel. Can it ensure that the next generation knows what happened, and does not forget?
- The air force pilot who took her baby on missions Tue, 18 Jun 2013 23:30:48 GMT
- Colonel Nabizada - Afghanistan's first woman helicopter pilot - often shares her cockpit with her baby daughter
- UN condemns 'despicable' Somali raid Thu, 20 Jun 2013 09:28:59 GMT
- UN head Ban Ki-moon expresses outrage over a "despicable" attack by Islamists on a UN office in Somalia which killed at least 15 people.
- China gives first lecture from space Thu, 20 Jun 2013 04:23:47 GMT
- China's second female astronaut, Wang Yaping, delivers the country's first-ever video lecture from the Tiangong-1 space laboratory.
- Olympic champion held in custody row Thu, 20 Jun 2013 09:50:43 GMT
- A Moroccan Olympic champion, Khalid Skah, who claims his children were abducted by Norwegian agents, is arrested in France.
- Mexico arrests top 10 US fugitive Wed, 19 Jun 2013 14:52:38 GMT
- A US fugitive on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted list for the alleged sexual exploitation of children is arrested at a resort in Mexico.
- Protests flare over Egypt governor Wed, 19 Jun 2013 17:53:49 GMT
- Egypt's tourism minister quits and protests erupt as a man with links to Islamists behind the deadly 1997 attack in Luxor is named as city governor.
- FBI uses surveillance drones in US Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:55:40 GMT
- The FBI has used drones for surveillance in limited cases over US soil and is developing a drone use policy, the FBI director tells the US Senate.
- Nine hurt in crash outside school Thu, 20 Jun 2013 12:06:55 GMT
- Nine people are taken to hospital after a car hits parents and children as they used a school pelican crossing in a south Wales village.
- CQC 'to reveal NHS cover-up names' Thu, 20 Jun 2013 12:06:38 GMT
- England's NHS regulator will name some officials accused of covering up a failure to investigate deaths of babies at a Cumbria hospital, ministers say.