"A good book has no ending."
—R. D. Cumming
- US TV producer Halmi dies aged 90 Thu, 31 Jul 2014 08:54:17 GMT
- Prolific US television producer Robert Halmi Sr, whose work won dozens of Emmy Awards, dies at the age of 90.
- Mystery of lemon-shaped Moon solved Wed, 30 Jul 2014 17:14:50 GMT
- Tides and spin gave the Moon its strange lemon shape more than four billion years ago, research reveals.
- Minister wants UK animal tests ban Thu, 31 Jul 2014 09:20:21 GMT
- Norman Baker - the minister in charge of regulating animal experiments - tells the BBC he wants a total ban on them.
- Drug-resistant malaria 'widespread' Wed, 30 Jul 2014 21:28:46 GMT
- Drug-resistant malaria is spreading in South East Asia, and has now reached the Cambodia-Thailand border, according to a study.
- 'E-cigs less harm than cigarettes' Wed, 30 Jul 2014 23:34:56 GMT
- An analysis of the current evidence available on e-cigarettes suggests they are safer than conventional cigarettes.
- Everton complete Lukaku signing Wed, 30 Jul 2014 20:28:11 GMT
- Everton sign Belgian World Cup striker Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea for a club record fee of £28m.
- 'We lost our heads' admits Deila Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:52:40 GMT
- Celtic manager Ronny Deila says his side lost their heads as they lost 4-1 to Legia Warsaw in Champions League qualifying.
- How many men are paedophiles? Tue, 29 Jul 2014 23:34:41 GMT
- The Pope was reported to have said that about 2% of Catholic clergy are paedophiles - but how does this compare to society as a whole?
- The pre-nup that can end a happy marriage Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:40:09 GMT
- In parts of Yemen when a brother and sister from one family marry siblings from another, the couples' fates can be locked together regardless of how happy they are.
- 'Dozens of bodies' at Libya base Wed, 30 Jul 2014 17:42:17 GMT
- At least 35 bodies are reportedly recovered from a military base that was overrun by Islamist-led militias in the Libyan city of Benghazi.
- Kiribati claims historic medal Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:23:02 GMT
- Weightlifter David Katoatau earns Kiribati its first ever Games medal with gold in 105kg as Ben Watson wins bronze.
- Nato 'unprepared for Russia threat' Thu, 31 Jul 2014 07:53:35 GMT
- Nato is poorly prepared for an attack on a member state by Russia, a group of MPs warns in a report.
- US travel ban on Venezuela officials Wed, 30 Jul 2014 15:50:03 GMT
- The US imposes travel restrictions on Venezuelan government officials it says are linked to human rights abuses during recent protests.
- France evacuates expats from Libya Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:16:09 GMT
- The French government says it has evacuated French and British nationals from Libya, as battles rage between government forces and militias.
- House votes to sue President Obama Thu, 31 Jul 2014 04:08:25 GMT
- The US House of Representatives has passed a resolution authorising a lawsuit against the president for allegedly exceeding his constitutional powers.