"History is written by the winners. The books say the Indians were bad guys and the whites just needed a little land. It's like, Excuse me, let me take your car. I'm discovering it. I'm putting my flag on your windshield."
—Mario Van Peebles
- VIDEO: BBC World News business headlines Tue, 28 Oct 2014 19:33:04 GMT
- The latest international business headlines from BBC World News.
- Big firms 'must condemn GamerGate' Wed, 29 Oct 2014 23:59:47 GMT
- Games publishers must "stand-up and condemn" the movement referred to as "GamerGate", says a developer forced to leave her home due to threats.
- Microsoft unveils fitness band Thu, 30 Oct 2014 04:48:23 GMT
- Microsoft unveils a wearable device that can track a user's sleep and exercise as well connect to a fitness tracking service on smartphones.
- Young Fathers win Mercury Prize Wed, 29 Oct 2014 23:03:12 GMT
- Edinburgh-based hip-hop trio Young Fathers win the £20,000 Barclaycard Mercury Prize with their album Dead.
- Pulitzer-winning poet Kinnell dies Thu, 30 Oct 2014 11:11:44 GMT
- Pulitzer Prize-winning US poet Galway Kinnell, best known for his spiritual poems connecting the experiences of daily life to larger forces, dies aged 87.
- New species of frog in urban jungle Thu, 30 Oct 2014 02:36:06 GMT
- Scientists confirm that a frog found living in New York City wetlands is a new species.
- Rocket makers probe US explosion Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:27:46 GMT
- The builders of an unmanned supply rocket which exploded on the way to the International Space Station have vowed to find the cause of the failure.
- Ebola cases 'slowing in Liberia' Wed, 29 Oct 2014 20:40:11 GMT
- The WHO says Liberia, the country hardest hit in the Ebola outbreak, has seen a decline in infections, but warns the crisis is far from over.
- Google developing a cancer detector Tue, 28 Oct 2014 17:35:15 GMT
- Google is attempting to diagnose cancers, heart attack risks and other ailments with a system that combines nanoparticles and a wrist-worn sensor.
- Giants beat Royals in World Series Thu, 30 Oct 2014 07:50:05 GMT
- San Francisco Giants claim their third World Series in five years with a 3-2 win over Kansas City Royals and a 4-3 series triumph.
- I know what I am doing - Pardew Thu, 30 Oct 2014 00:15:46 GMT
- Newcastle boss Alan Pardew assures critical fans of his ability after his side knock holders Man City out of the League Cup.
- The Swiss children used as cheap farm labour Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:37:25 GMT
- Thousands of people in Switzerland who were forced into child labour are demanding compensation for their stolen childhoods.
- Can you cheat your way to fitness? Wed, 29 Oct 2014 01:41:01 GMT
- Not everyone can get to the gym - but is it really possible to stay fit through everyday household activity?
- Ebola aid ship docks in Sierra Leone Thu, 30 Oct 2014 14:38:51 GMT
- UK ship RFA Argus, which is carrying medical supplies, equipment and vehicles, arrives in Sierra Leone to help deal with the deadly Ebola outbreak.
- Sri Lanka rescue effort intensified Thu, 30 Oct 2014 01:51:11 GMT
- Rescue workers in Sri Lanka intensify their search for survivors of a tea plantation landslide which is feared to have buried more than 100 people.