"All of the books in the world contain no more information than is broadcast as video in a single large American city in a single year. Not all bits have equal value."
—Carl Sagan (b. 1934) American astronomer noted for research for extraterrestrial life
- VIDEO: BBC World News business headlines Wed, 26 Nov 2014 22:54:13 GMT
- The latest international business headlines from BBC World News.
- Europe to vote on Google break-up Thu, 27 Nov 2014 00:10:11 GMT
- The European Parliament will later vote on whether Google's search business should be separated from its other services.
- Sony to pay Vita owners after bad ad Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:05:19 GMT
- Sony agrees to reimburse some owners of the PlayStation Vita after being accused of making false claims about its features.
- Lebanese diva Sabah dies, aged 87 Wed, 26 Nov 2014 14:18:54 GMT
- Lebanese singer and actress Sabah, popularly known as the "Diva of Music" in the Arab world, dies at the age of 87.
- Birdman set to soar at Spirit Awards Wed, 26 Nov 2014 08:45:04 GMT
- Showbusiness satire Birdman leads the flock at this year's Spirit Awards after being nominated for six prizes, including best film.
- Risk from extreme weather rises Thu, 27 Nov 2014 01:42:30 GMT
- Royal Society says combination of population growth and climate change will increase danger to cities.
- UK team's data bonanza from comet Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:46:50 GMT
- UK researchers obtain "rich" data from the Philae lander just before its power died.
- Ebola 'stable' in Guinea - WHO Sat, 22 Nov 2014 15:33:53 GMT
- The deadly Ebola outbreak is now "stable" in Guinea, the country where the latest crisis began, the World Health Organization says.
- 'Exciting' bladder cancer drug trial Thu, 27 Nov 2014 02:25:43 GMT
- A trial to help the immune system fight bladder cancer is showing "exciting" results with tumours completely disappearing in some patients.
- Ludogorets Razgrad 2-2 Liverpool Wed, 26 Nov 2014 22:13:46 GMT
- Liverpool are a win away from reaching the Champions League last 16, despite conceding a late equaliser at Ludogorets.
- Arsenal 2-0 Borussia Dortmund Wed, 26 Nov 2014 22:11:30 GMT
- Yaya Sanogo scores his first Arsenal goal as they beat Borussia Dortmund to reach the Champions League knockout stage.
- Six unexpected WW1 battlegrounds Wed, 26 Nov 2014 00:23:52 GMT
- Not all crucial battles in World War One took place on the muddy fields of Europe - some were fought in little-known places much further afield.
- How cricket helmets changed Wed, 26 Nov 2014 14:42:28 GMT
- Australian cricketer Philip Hughes is in a critical condition after being hit on the head by a cricket ball. Can helmets ever offer total protection?
- Passengers 'push frozen plane' Wed, 26 Nov 2014 11:32:11 GMT
- People on board a flight in Russia get out and push the aircraft after its braking system freezes.
- Tourists flock to 'see democracy' Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:49:55 GMT
- Taiwan's local elections are a tourist attraction for Chinese visitors.