"History is written by the winners. The books say the Indians were bad guys and the whites just needed a little land. It's like, Excuse me, let me take your car. I'm discovering it. I'm putting my flag on your windshield."
—Mario Van Peebles
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Tue, 16 Sep 2014 14:44:49 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Why are London pavements exploding? Mon, 15 Sep 2014 20:43:13 GMT
- Two van drivers had a lucky escape after a pavement explosion in central London which was caught on CCTV.
- VIDEO: 'Audacious' comet landing site chosen Mon, 15 Sep 2014 11:20:37 GMT
- Europe's Rosetta mission team, which aims to touch down on a 4km-wide comet later this year, identifies what they think is the safest place to land a small robot craft.
- VIDEO: Indian launch for Android One phone Mon, 15 Sep 2014 14:06:18 GMT
- Google launches the first Android One branded smartphones in India.
- VIDEO: Ivory Coast's homegrown tablet Mon, 15 Sep 2014 23:01:16 GMT
- How an Ivory Coast company developed a tablet computer which is being introduced in the country's schools.
- Tardy ex-minister chased off plane Tue, 16 Sep 2014 15:11:43 GMT
- Irate passengers prevent a senior Pakistani politician from boarding a flight, after they were kept on board for two hours until he arrived.
- Goldfish has brain operation Mon, 15 Sep 2014 17:46:37 GMT
- An Australian goldfish called George is recovering from successful microsurgery in which a large tumour was removed from his brain.
- Russian rouble falls to new low Tue, 16 Sep 2014 13:00:35 GMT
- The Russian rouble falls to a new all-time low against the US dollar amid concerns about the effect of sanctions on the country's economy.
- Bosses and cash vanish at shoe firm Tue, 16 Sep 2014 14:48:12 GMT
- Chinese footwear firm Ultrasonic has announced the disappearance of its chief executive and chief operating officer, along with most of its cash.
- Judge overturns Uber ban in Germany Tue, 16 Sep 2014 13:50:41 GMT
- A German judge has overturned a temporary injunction which banned Uber from operating one of its services in the country.
- Giant sensor for Panasonic phone Tue, 16 Sep 2014 15:02:12 GMT
- Panasonic unveils a hybrid smartphone-camera, at the Photokina trade show in Cologne.
- Clooney to receive honorary Globe Tue, 16 Sep 2014 07:25:50 GMT
- US actor, director and producer George Clooney is to receive an honorary award at next year's Golden Globes.
- Thompson 'wept' over stage return Tue, 16 Sep 2014 13:57:05 GMT
- Actress Emma Thompson says her recent stage comeback in Sweeney Todd brought her to tears and that it is a "dream come true" to bring the production to London.
- Red card for 'greenest' government Tue, 16 Sep 2014 01:44:59 GMT
- The government is failing to reduce air pollution, protect biodiversity and prevent flooding, a cross-party body of MPs says.
- US gas leaks not caused by fracking Mon, 15 Sep 2014 13:16:30 GMT
- A new study suggests that the contamination of drinking water by shale gas is due to faulty wells and not hydraulic fracturing.