"A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest."
— (Anna) Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962) American diplomat, writer, US First Lady
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Sat, 25 Oct 2014 14:08:05 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Security for polio workers in Pakistan Fri, 24 Oct 2014 01:27:22 GMT
- The number of cases of polio in Pakistan has topped 200 for the first time in nearly 15 years.
- VIDEO: Sargy Mann: Painting with inner vision Fri, 24 Oct 2014 00:38:20 GMT
- Artist Sargy Mann has been registered blind for 25 years. His paintings are highly acclaimed and sought-after.
- VIDEO: The smartphone that answers back Fri, 24 Oct 2014 00:23:50 GMT
- How one manufacturer is making its smartphone really stand out from the crowd.
- VIDEO: Could amputees re-grow lost limbs? Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:49:14 GMT
- Amputees could one day re-grow their missing limbs, according to researchers at Imperial College London.
- The Queen sends her first tweet Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:51:47 GMT
- The Queen sends her first tweet to launch the London Science Museum's ambitious new Information Age gallery.
- Gold prizes for Dubai commuters Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:36:31 GMT
- The emirate wants people to get out of their cars to ease traffic congestion.
- VIDEO: BBC World News business headlines Fri, 24 Oct 2014 20:40:47 GMT
- The latest international business headlines from BBC World News.
- VIDEO: The Indian coal mines in Australia Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:18:49 GMT
- Several large Indian companies are developing their own mines in Australia, but environmentalists are concerned for the future of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Hailo says Uber blocked investors Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:41:35 GMT
- After pulling out of the US, taxi app Hailo complains that rival Uber is blocking potential investors from offering funding.
- Dark Souls II named game of the year Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:40:38 GMT
- DayZ, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft and Assassins Creed are also among the winners.
- Cliff Richard police raid 'inept' Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:10:39 GMT
- The handling of a police raid at the home of veteran pop star Sir Cliff Richard is described as inept by the Commons Home Affairs Committee.
- Alvin Stardust album gets early release Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:13:07 GMT
- The release of Alvin Stardust's final album, his first in 30 years, is brought forward following his death.
- Science chief warns on acid oceans Fri, 24 Oct 2014 05:18:50 GMT
- The UK's chief scientist says the oceans face a serious and growing risk from man-made carbon emissions.
- EU leaders agree CO2 emissions cut Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:59:54 GMT
- The EU agrees what it calls "the world's most ambitious" deal to cut greenhouse gas emissions by at least 40% by 2030, overcoming deep divisions.