"Wisdom is perishable. Unlike information or knowledge, it cannot be stored in a computer or recorded in a book. It expires with each passing generation."
- VIDEO: India's user-generated advertising Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:06:44 GMT
- A new advertising trend has sprung up in India recently, with brands encouraging customers not just to buy products - but be involved in promotional campaigns too.
- VIDEO: How 1992 riots changed LA police Thu, 21 Aug 2014 05:37:58 GMT
- The BBC's Alastair Leithead reports from Los Angeles on how the police force changed after the riots there and what Missouri can learn from its experience.
- VIDEO: Red Riding Hood in jazz shoes Wed, 20 Aug 2014 23:06:55 GMT
- Drew McOnie has choreographed a new version of Little Red Riding Hood for the National Youth Ballet.
- VIDEO: US blockbuster season box office down Wed, 20 Aug 2014 23:04:31 GMT
- The US box office has struggled compared to previous years during the traditional high point of the summer blockbuster season.
- VIDEO: Kinshasa suburbs named after major cities Wed, 20 Aug 2014 20:35:02 GMT
- Some of Kinshasa's residents have big aspirations for DR Congo - so much so that they have started renaming suburbs with the names of faraway capital cities whose style they admire.
- VIDEO: Bush takes Ice Bucket Challenge Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:45:23 GMT
- President George W Bush has taken the Ice Bucket Challenge, after a nomination from his daughter Jenna Bush Hager, Rory McIlroy, Woody Johnson, and Jim Harbaugh.
- Pope Francis given Copa Libertadores Wed, 20 Aug 2014 16:09:39 GMT
- Lifelong fan Pope Francis is presented with the Copa Libertadores trophy by players and officials of Argentine side San Lorenzo.
- Australian winemaker reports a loss Thu, 21 Aug 2014 01:47:23 GMT
- Australian winemaker Treasury Wine Estates has reported its first annual loss due to slower sales in China and oversupply in the US market.
- HP's sales inch up but profit falls Thu, 21 Aug 2014 01:42:25 GMT
- Computer giant Hewlett-Packard has reported a sharp fall in profit despite a rise in revenue helped by improved computer sales.
- Taxi firm Uber to deliver groceries Wed, 20 Aug 2014 15:27:06 GMT
- Taxi firm Uber is trialling a same-day delivery service for more than 100 grocery goods in Washington DC.
- Samsung-made Nook tablet announced Wed, 20 Aug 2014 17:31:25 GMT
- Barnes & Noble unveils a customised version of a budget Samsung tablet that replaces a model it used to make itself.
- Cast of South African soap sacked Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:11:42 GMT
- The 16-strong cast of popular South African soap opera Generations is sacked after a long-running dispute over pay and contracts.
- Emma Stone to make Broadway debut Thu, 21 Aug 2014 08:47:22 GMT
- Hollywood actress Emma Stone is to make her Broadway debut in the current revival of Cabaret, replacing Michelle Williams in the role of Sally Bowles.
- Seals 'brought TB to the Americas' Thu, 21 Aug 2014 07:54:43 GMT
- Marine mammals brought tuberculosis to the Americas before the Europeans arrived, a study suggests.
- Earliest evidence of snail-eating Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:00:06 GMT
- Palaeolithic humans in Spain began eating snails 10,000 years earlier than their Mediterranean neighbours, a study reveals.