"There is no reason why the same man should like the same book at 18 and at 48."
—Ezra Loomis Pound (1885-1972) American writer, poet, Cantos, ABC of Reading
- VIDEO: Holocaust-era violins play again Tue, 27 Jan 2015 02:21:48 GMT
- Violinmaker Amnon Weinstein talks about his work restoring Holocaust-era violins, on the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz death camp.
- VIDEO: Survivors lay wreaths at death wall Tue, 27 Jan 2015 10:07:48 GMT
- Wreaths are laid and candles lit at Auschwitz to mark the 70th anniversary of its liberation.
- VIDEO: Auschwitz survivors revisit camp horror Mon, 26 Jan 2015 23:28:55 GMT
- Survivors have returned to Auschwitz to remember those lost and to be reunited with fellow captives, 70 years after the camp was liberated.
- VIDEO: Aerial video of Auschwitz-Birkenau Mon, 26 Jan 2015 14:17:25 GMT
- BBC drone video from January 2015 shows what remains of Auschwitz-Birkenau.
- VIDEO: Auschwitz survivor's search for twin Tue, 27 Jan 2015 00:05:14 GMT
- Menachem Bodner is one of many Holocaust survivors searching for relatives 70 years on.
- Syriza's Tsipras faces great expectations Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:20:13 GMT
- After the promises, new leader Tsipras faces big challenges
- Auschwitz message still resonates today Tue, 27 Jan 2015 02:15:59 GMT
- The recent attacks in Paris underline the continuing relevance of the symbolism of Auschwitz, says Caroline Wyatt.
- Where next for the eurozone? Tue, 27 Jan 2015 00:05:30 GMT
- Syriza's election victory in Greece raises some difficult questions for the other countries using the currency and for the European institutions.
- Seventy years since Auschwitz liberated Tue, 27 Jan 2015 02:40:49 GMT
- Following the liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago, BBC News explores what the Allies discovered at the camps and what remains of the site today.
- Uncanny political parallels with 1974 Tue, 27 Jan 2015 02:32:47 GMT
- Much uncertainty surrounds the coming General Election - just as it did in February 1974, says Julia Langdon.
- VIDEO: Greek elections: What next? Mon, 26 Jan 2015 16:38:01 GMT
- A closer look at the Greek elections and what the result means for the country.
- Mr Men and Little Miss in film deal Tue, 27 Jan 2015 16:00:28 GMT
- Film rights for the Mr Men and Little Miss characters are secured by Fox Animation, the studio behind the Ice Age and Rio franchises.
- UK minister makes Taiwan watch gaffe Mon, 26 Jan 2015 23:57:35 GMT
- A UK government minister apologises after giving a watch to the mayor of Taipei, not realising it was a taboo act in Chinese culture.
- Dubai claims Heathrow's traffic crown Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:22:02 GMT
- Dubai International has taken over from Heathrow as the world's busiest international airport in terms of yearly passenger numbers.
- UK economic growth hits 2.6% in 2014 Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:16:34 GMT
- The UK's economy grew by 2.6% last year, the fastest pace since 2007, but there was a slowdown in the last three months, figures from the Office for National Statistics show.