"There are some books that refuse to be written. They stand their ground year after year and will not be persuaded. It isn't because the book is not there and worth being written -- it is only because the right form of the story does not present itself. There is only one right form for a story and if you fail to find that form the story will not tell itself."
—Mark Twain (1835-1910) [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] American author, humorist
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Tue, 03 Mar 2015 10:45:06 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Argentina's art-loving property magnate Mon, 02 Mar 2015 00:07:11 GMT
- Eduardo Costantini has built large swathes of Buenos Aires, but it is his art collection that is his passion.
- VIDEO: Shanty town in Manila burns Tue, 03 Mar 2015 00:38:13 GMT
- More than 400 homes have gone up in a flames in a shanty town in the Philippine capital of Manila.
- VIDEO: National pride in Ukraine school Mon, 02 Mar 2015 11:33:54 GMT
- The BBC's Rupert Wingfield-Hayes visits a high school in Mariupol where students are taking lessons in Ukrainian patriotism.
- VIDEO: Rivals size up at mobile phone show Mon, 02 Mar 2015 15:33:56 GMT
- Mobile phone industry leaders and innovators are at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
- Can regional force defeat Boko Haram? Tue, 03 Mar 2015 01:31:51 GMT
- Thomas Fessy looks at whether the regional task force has a fighting chance against Nigeria's Boko Haram militant group.
- 'Signs of strain' for European Union Tue, 03 Mar 2015 01:38:48 GMT
- Our new Europe editor on strains showing inside the EU
- Netanyahu's speech 'win-win' for Iran Tue, 03 Mar 2015 01:32:34 GMT
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's speech to Congress is a strategic moment for Tehran, says the BBC's Jonathan Marcus.
- What next for Russia's opposition? Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:33:07 GMT
- It is time for the Kremlin's opponents to stop jostling for primacy and let the Russian people take the lead, writes Konstantin von Eggert.
- VIDEO: How strong is Iraq's army? Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:23:17 GMT
- Iraq's army is battling an jihadist insurgency - but how strong is the force?
- Does Australia need foreign investment? Sun, 01 Mar 2015 21:07:07 GMT
- Foreign land ownership is seen by many as a problem in Australia but the farm sector has another side to the story.
- VIDEO: HTC virtual reality kit surprises Sun, 01 Mar 2015 16:57:48 GMT
- HTC unveils a virtual reality headset as part of a tie-up with video games giant Valve, posing a threat to Facebook's Oculus.
- There's too much poo on Mount Everest Tue, 03 Mar 2015 09:30:20 GMT
- Climbers need to dispose of their waste properly, the chief of Nepal's mountaineering association says.
- Barclays annual profits fall 21% Tue, 03 Mar 2015 09:31:42 GMT
- Barclays reports a 21% fall in full-year statutory pre-tax profits, as boss Antony Jenkins is awarded his first bonus as chief executive.
- Record drop in Macau casino revenue Tue, 03 Mar 2015 10:42:30 GMT
- Revenue in Macau's casinos fell by a record amount last month as China's corruption crackdown continued to hit the region's gambling industry.