"We have talked long enough in this country about equal rights. ... It is time now to write the next chapter-and to write it in the books of law."
—Lyndon Baines Johnson (1908-73) 36th US President, Democrat
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Fri, 06 Mar 2015 23:38:00 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Clash of new and old in Moroccan music Fri, 06 Mar 2015 12:59:04 GMT
- For the BBC's Best Nightclub in Africa series, Radio 1Xtra's DJ Edu travels to Morocco to check out the music scene.
- VIDEO: Revolutionary urinal 'makes energy' Thu, 05 Mar 2015 22:18:41 GMT
- A toilet that could revolutionise sanitation facilities in refugee camps has been developed by a group of researchers at the University of the West of England.
- VIDEO: More women in German boardrooms Fri, 06 Mar 2015 12:25:20 GMT
- A law passed in Germany will see 100 of the country's largest businesses appointing more women on their supervisory boards to meet the newly set quota of 30%.
- VIDEO: The 'Google' of real things? Thu, 05 Mar 2015 23:05:58 GMT
- Camfind is an app which lets users take snaps of physical objects and find out more about them.
- Why migration is changing almost everything Fri, 06 Mar 2015 02:55:24 GMT
- What's the message in experimental figures on the true shape of migration in England?
- 'Emailgate' shows Hillary what's ahead Thu, 05 Mar 2015 23:42:21 GMT
- Hillary Clinton's exclusive use of her personal email to conduct business as US secretary of state could spell dangers ahead.
- Fears over UK Sunni-Shia divide Fri, 06 Mar 2015 01:05:31 GMT
- Sunni and Shia Muslims have co-existed in peace in the UK in the past, says Caroline Wyatt - but there are concerns about growing tensions.
- Gen Soleimani: Iran’s rising star Fri, 06 Mar 2015 12:45:50 GMT
- The head of the Revolutionary Guards' elite Quds Force has emerged from a lifetime in the shadows to achieve almost celebrity status in Iran, reports BBC Persian's Bozorgmehr Sharafedin.
- VIDEO: Why did men wear burkas in Kabul? Fri, 06 Mar 2015 12:34:51 GMT
- A group of Afghan men have worn burkas during a march through capital Kabul to draw attention to women's rights. BBC News looks at the issues since the fall of the Taliban.
- VIDEO: The Ceres space probe - in 60 secs Fri, 06 Mar 2015 13:56:02 GMT
- The US space agency's Dawn probe is set to go into orbit around Ceres. What will it find there?
- Germany Eurovision entrant withdraws Fri, 06 Mar 2015 12:18:05 GMT
- The winner of the search to find Germany's Eurovision Song Contest entrant turned down the chance to represent his country on live TV.
- Fifty Shades of Grey boy causes stir Fri, 06 Mar 2015 11:26:51 GMT
- An 11-year-old boy who dressed as a character from Fifty Shades of Grey was excluded from his school's World Book Day celebrations, says his mother.
- US adds 295,000 jobs in February Fri, 06 Mar 2015 19:29:59 GMT
- The US economy adds 295,000 jobs in February, while the unemployment rate fell to 5.5% from 5.7%, Labor Department figures show.
- Apple to replace AT&T on Dow Jones Fri, 06 Mar 2015 16:42:28 GMT
- Apple, the biggest US company by market value, will be included in the Dow Jones Industrial Average from 19 March.