"Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good plays, good company, good conversation -- what are they? They are the happiest people in the world."
—William Lyon Phelps
- PlayStation update freezing consoles Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:03:18 GMT
- A system software update has rendered some PlayStation 3 consoles unusable, manufacturer Sony confirms.
- VIDEO: Hospital where royal baby will be born revealed Wed, 19 Jun 2013 15:23:40 GMT
- More details have been released about plans for the birth of the royal baby.
- VIDEO: China's Wanda to buy UK yacht maker Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:24:26 GMT
- Chinese property developer Dalian Wanda Group has said it will spend more than £1bn ($1.6bn) to buy a British yacht maker and develop a hotel in London.
- VIDEO: 'Made in Peru' World Cup shirts Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:42:43 GMT
- Clothing manufacturers in Peru expect to make bumper profits next year by making football shirts for global fans descending on Brazil for the World Cup.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:38:31 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: 'You don't know how much I miss my son' Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:34:57 GMT
- In Mexico around 25,000 people have disappeared since the drug war began six years ago.
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama and daughters on tour Tue, 18 Jun 2013 21:46:33 GMT
- US First Lady Michelle Obama and her daughters Malia and Sasha have lunch with Irish rock star Bono and visit Glendalough.
- VIDEO: Camera pioneers' work goes on display Tue, 18 Jun 2013 20:17:15 GMT
- Portraits by 19th century photographers Henry and Charles Meade are subjects of a new exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery in Washington.
- VIDEO: Lourdes evacuated after flash floods Tue, 18 Jun 2013 22:28:16 GMT
- The Roman Catholic shrine at Lourdes has been evacuated after flash floods struck south-western France.
- Fed maintains pace of asset purchase Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:43:54 GMT
- The Federal Reserve maintains its $85bn-a-month (£54bn) asset purchase programme, but says it could begin scaling back the programme later this year.
- IMF: Spain making strong progress Wed, 19 Jun 2013 14:20:43 GMT
- The IMF says Spain has made strong progress on its economy, but the outlook remains "difficult" and more action is needed to boost job creation.
- Smart ring and socks unveiled Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:59:17 GMT
- A ring that unlocks smartphones and socks which provide feedback about footsteps are the latest devices in the growing wearable tech sector.
- Xcom iOS app priced at premium Wed, 19 Jun 2013 17:41:52 GMT
- A US publisher is pricing a sci-fi video game for iPhones and iPads at more than double the cost high-end titles are usually sold for on those devices.
- US country singer Slim Whitman dies Wed, 19 Jun 2013 15:30:20 GMT
- Slim Whitman, the American country singer known for his yodelling abilities has died at the age of 90.
- Radcliffe's Cripple enchants critics Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:04:40 GMT
- Daniel Radcliffe impresses reviewers with his "understated" performance as a disabled teenage orphan in Martin McDonagh's play The Cripple of Inishmaan.