"The ideas I stand for are not mine. I borrowed them from Socrates. I swiped them from Chesterfield. I stole them from Jesus. And I put them in a book. If you don't like their rules whose would you use?"
—Dale Carnegie (1888-1955) American pioneer in self-improvement
- VIDEO: India candidate's cup of tea tactic Tue, 11 Mar 2014 23:56:03 GMT
- The BBC's Sanjoy Majumder reports on the response by voters to the unique ''chat and cup of tea'' approach of one of India's election campaign candidates.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Tue, 11 Mar 2014 22:58:53 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: 10th anniversary of Madrid bombings Tue, 11 Mar 2014 21:28:01 GMT
- Commemorations have taken place in Spain to mark the 10th anniversary of the Madrid train bomb attacks that killed nearly 200 people.
- VIDEO: 60 seconds: Fukushima's ghost towns Tue, 11 Mar 2014 16:33:08 GMT
- The BBC revisits the 'dead zone' around Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant, three years after its catastrophic meltdown.
- VIDEO: 'Where is this plane?' ask relatives Tue, 11 Mar 2014 13:58:11 GMT
- The BBC's John Sudworth speaks to family members waiting for news of their missing relatives who were on board Flight MH370 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
- VIDEO: Upbeat mood in Tehran bazaar Tue, 11 Mar 2014 06:53:07 GMT
- The BBC's Lyse Doucet talks to shoppers in a bazaar in North Tehran about their hopes for the future.
- Obama appears on Two Ferns chat show Tue, 11 Mar 2014 13:00:15 GMT
- US President Barack Obama is interviewed by comedian Zach Galifianakis for spoof chat show Between Two Ferns, following in the footsteps of Justin Bieber and Bradley Cooper.
- Abu Dhabi million-dollar phone number Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:57:12 GMT
- A VIP mobile phone number sells for more than two million dollars at an auction in Abu Dhabi.
- GM recall faces US investigation Tue, 11 Mar 2014 17:04:51 GMT
- A US congressional committee says it is investigating General Motors' recall of nearly 1.6 million vehicles over faulty ignition switches.
- Italy's biggest bank in record loss Tue, 11 Mar 2014 19:04:39 GMT
- UniCredit, Italy's biggest bank by assets, reports a record 14bn-euro (£11.7bn; $19bn) loss for 2013 and plans to cut 8,500 jobs.
- NY plans 'regulated' Bitcoin exchanges Tue, 11 Mar 2014 21:39:29 GMT
- New York's financial regulator calls on firms to submit proposals to set up 'regulated' exchanges for digital currencies like Bitcoin.
- Google faces in-app purchase action Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:29:47 GMT
- Angry parents have filed a legal action against Google over the way children can make purchases from apps without their consent.
- Director Ramsay and producers settle Tue, 11 Mar 2014 18:13:55 GMT
- An agreement is reached between director Lynne Ramsay and producers of Jane Got a Gun, the film she quit days before shooting began.
- Hollywood: Too few women on screen Tue, 11 Mar 2014 12:16:23 GMT
- A new study shows female characters are "dramatically under-represented" in the top-grossing films of 2013.
- Light pollution alters bat behaviour Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:50:05 GMT
- Light pollution is having an impact on the regeneration of tropical rainforests because it disrupts the behaviour of seed dispersing bats, a study suggests.