"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them."
—Ray Douglas Bradbury (b. 1920) American writer of science fiction
- VIDEO: Upbeat mood in Tehran bazaar Tue, 11 Mar 2014 06:53:07 GMT
- The BBC's Lyse Doucet talks to shoppers in a bazaar in North Tehran about their hopes for the future.
- VIDEO: Safe space landing for torch mission Tue, 11 Mar 2014 07:09:26 GMT
- The two cosmonauts, Oleg Kotov and Sergei Ryazansky, and American astronaut Michael Hopkins, have landed safely after completing their Sochi Olympic torch mission.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:52:55 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: OJ to Pistorius, 20 years of TV trials Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:40:40 GMT
- What is the impact of showing court cases on television? Alastair Leithead looks at some high profile cases.
- VIDEO: Dog dirt detectives in Naples Tue, 11 Mar 2014 00:18:58 GMT
- Naples is introducing forensic DNA testing to track down the owners of dogs that foul on the streets of Naples
- VIDEO: 'Spying setting fire to internet' Tue, 11 Mar 2014 07:39:11 GMT
- Global mass surveillance conducted by the US and other governments is "setting fire to the future of the internet", says Edward Snowden.
- VIDEO: Many hurt in US school stage collapse Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:56:11 GMT
- A stage at a southern California high school collapses during a performance, sending 25 students to hospital with minor injuries.
- VIDEO: Smartphones meet polaroid at SXSW Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:30:04 GMT
- Inventors at the South by Southwest festival show how to print smartphone photos onto old Polaroid film.
- Genghis Khan 'lucky with weather' Tue, 11 Mar 2014 01:08:18 GMT
- The rise of Genghis Khan and the huge Mongol Empire in the early 13th century may have been helped by good weather, scientists suggest.
- Abu Dhabi's million-dollar phone number Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:57:12 GMT
- A VIP mobile phone number sells for more than two million dollars at an auction in Abu Dhabi.
- China in private bank pilot scheme Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:19:14 GMT
- Internet companies Alibaba and Tencent are shortlisted as pioneers of a pilot programme to set up private banks in China, as the country opens up its financial sector
- eBay cuts chief exec's pay in half Mon, 10 Mar 2014 23:02:05 GMT
- E-commerce giant eBay cuts the total compensation of its chief executive, John Donahoe, by more than half.
- Snowden warns of web's 'dark arts' Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:41:10 GMT
- US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden portrays a bleak future for the internet as he speaks via video link to the SXSW festival in Austin, Texas.
- VIDEO: Panels and parties at SXSW Fri, 07 Mar 2014 22:43:17 GMT
- The annual South by Southwest festival has kicked off in Austin, Texas. The BBC's North America Technology Correspondent Richard Taylor soaks up the atmosphere.
- Obama appears on Two Ferns chat show Tue, 11 Mar 2014 13:00:15 GMT
- US President Barack Obama is interviewed by comedian Zach Galifianakis for spoof chat show Between Two Ferns, following in the footsteps of Justin Bieber and Bradley Cooper.