"Be careful of reading health books, you might die of a misprint."
—Mark Twain (1835-1910) [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] American author, humorist
- VIDEO: Halal lipstick launches in India Tue, 21 Oct 2014 04:49:00 GMT
- Religious women in India who want to wear make-up no longer have to struggle to find products that suit their faith.
- VIDEO: Designer Oscar de la Renta dies Tue, 21 Oct 2014 03:56:44 GMT
- US fashion designer Oscar de la Renta, who dressed former first ladies Jackie Kennedy and Hillary Clinton, has died aged 82, US media report.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Tue, 21 Oct 2014 04:40:40 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Women break mass skydive record Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:21:05 GMT
- The record for the largest all-female skydive formation has been broken by 117 women in California.
- VIDEO: Big league for gamers in Seoul Mon, 20 Oct 2014 07:21:47 GMT
- Tens of thousands of fans turn out to watch competitors play each other at the League of Legends World Championship in Seoul, South Korea.
- VIDEO: Mobile screens to help the short sighted Mon, 20 Oct 2014 01:50:31 GMT
- Scientists at MIT are working on trying to create "superhuman vision".
- VIDEO: Ebola survivors’ blood 'saving lives' Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:21:11 GMT
- Blood from survivors of the Ebola virus is being used to treat patients suffering from the disease.
- VIDEO: Investigation into US 'pumpkin riot' Mon, 20 Oct 2014 10:26:17 GMT
- An annual pumpkin festival in Keene, New Hampshire, turned violent as the event descended into a night of rioting.
- China says no to Dumbledore Mon, 20 Oct 2014 09:59:17 GMT
- Chinese state media urge citizens to think carefully when choosing an English name.
- VIDEO: Robot dragon versus giant spider Mon, 20 Oct 2014 06:09:32 GMT
- Two mythical creatures, a giant spider and a huge dragon, have faced one another in battle at Beijing's Olympic Park.
- AbbVie and Shire terminate merger Mon, 20 Oct 2014 22:26:33 GMT
- US firm AbbVie announces it has abandoned its talks with UK drugmaker Shire after a new US rule discouraging mergers that would lower a US firm's tax rate.
- China growth slows to five-year low Tue, 21 Oct 2014 04:20:21 GMT
- China's economy grows at its slowest pace since the global financial crisis, causing speculation the government may introduce more stimulus measures.
- Google changes 'to fight piracy' Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:16:27 GMT
- Google announces changes to its search engine in an attempt to curb online piracy.
- Anonymising router project shut down Mon, 20 Oct 2014 10:15:34 GMT
- A plan to raise cash to make a router that hides what people do online has been suspended after questions were raised about the project.
- Actress Lynda Bellingham dies at 66 Mon, 20 Oct 2014 14:35:39 GMT
- Tributes are paid to British actress and TV presenter Lynda Bellingham, who has died at the age of 66 after suffering colon cancer.