"Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good plays, good company, good conversation -- what are they? They are the happiest people in the world."
—William Lyon Phelps
- VIDEO: Afghan cricket team heads to World Cup Sat, 31 Jan 2015 05:49:05 GMT
- The Afghan cricket team, which is less than two years old, is on its way to Australia to play in their first World Cup.
- VIDEO: Tattoo expo: What is 'body modification'? Sat, 31 Jan 2015 10:07:24 GMT
- A look at different types of "body modification" as tattoo artists from around the world gathered in Caracas for the 2015 Venezuela Tattoo Expo this weekend.
- AUDIO: 'I lost £18m lottery win by 7 seconds' Fri, 30 Jan 2015 10:25:22 GMT
- A Canadian man has lost a seven-year legal battle to claim half of a C$27m (£18m) lottery jackpot after the Supreme Court ruled he had bought the winning ticket a few seconds too late for it to qualify.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Sat, 31 Jan 2015 08:43:25 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: The 11m 'ghost' residents of the US Fri, 30 Jan 2015 06:42:04 GMT
- New legislation in the United States aims to allow some undocumented immigrants to stay in the US and apply for work permits but many are afraid to admit their status.
- VIDEO: The Tibetan monk with 170 children Fri, 30 Jan 2015 00:19:47 GMT
- A Tibetan Buddhist monk took in 33 orphans after an earthquake in 2010 - now he is looking after 170 children.
- VIDEO: Taylor Swift trademarks famous lyrics Fri, 30 Jan 2015 07:39:34 GMT
- Pop star Taylor Swift has trademarked phrases including "this sick beat" and "we never go out of style", in the United States to prevent unauthorised use of her work on merchandise.
- VIDEO: Would you let your firm microchip you? Thu, 29 Jan 2015 22:35:47 GMT
- A hi-tech office in Sweden offers to implant microchips under the skin of staff in bid to make some simple tasks easier.
- Argentine politics in polarisation Sat, 31 Jan 2015 00:22:40 GMT
- Argentine politics is polarised by the death of a prosecutor and the president's confrontational response.
- Can Islamic State move into South Asia? Sat, 31 Jan 2015 02:09:32 GMT
- Islamic State has its heartland in Iraq and Syria, but recent reports suggest it is building a presence in Afghanistan and Pakistan. M Ilyas Khan asks how worried should people be.
- VIDEO: Fifty shades of manipulation? Fri, 30 Jan 2015 22:48:10 GMT
- Will Gompertz discusses appropriation - and Fifty Shades of Grey - in his latest blog
- VIDEO: China's record car numbers explained Fri, 30 Jan 2015 16:43:14 GMT
- As car ownership reaches record levels in China, BBC News looks at the numbers - and the impact.
- Profile: Sinai Province militant group Fri, 30 Jan 2015 16:23:36 GMT
- Sinai Province is a militant group that has pledged allegiance to Islamic State and carried out a string of deadly attacks in Egypt's Sinai peninsula.
- VIDEO: Talking kids' doll Cayla is hacked Fri, 30 Jan 2015 15:41:16 GMT
- Rory Cellan-Jones sees how Cayla, a talking child's doll, can be hacked to say any number of offensive things.
- Venezuela 'US reporter' ad dropped Sat, 31 Jan 2015 05:56:23 GMT
- Venezuelan TV withdraws a tourism advert which features an image of a US reporter detained while covering the 2013 elections.