"If God kills, lies, cheats, discriminates, and otherwise behaves in a manner that puts the Mafia to shame, that's Okay, he's God. He can do whatever he wants. Anyone who adheres to this philosophy has had his sense of morality, decency, justice and humaneness warped beyond recognition by the very book that is supposedly preaching the opposite."
- VIDEO: Aden's 'DIY' defence force Tue, 21 Apr 2015 12:52:56 GMT
- Orla Guerin reports from inside Aden in Yemen, where poorly armed local militias - including teenagers - are fighting against Houthi rebels.
- VIDEO: 'I paid 2,200 euros for place on boat' Tue, 21 Apr 2015 12:30:06 GMT
- One of the people on board the migrant boat which ran aground off the Greek island of Rhodes on Monday has been speaking to the BBC.
- VIDEO: Sicily's 'cemeteries of migrants' Mon, 20 Apr 2015 22:29:57 GMT
- Italian coastguards are continuing to search for bodies off the coast of Sicily as hundreds of migrants are feared dead after their boat capsized.
- VIDEO: Thailand seizes four tonnes of ivory Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:11:19 GMT
- Customs officials in Thailand say they have made the biggest seizure of smuggled ivory in the country's history, as Jonathan Head reports.
- VIDEO: China's biggest car show opens Tue, 21 Apr 2015 04:24:59 GMT
- More than 23 million vehicles were sold in China last year, but as the Chinese economy slows, so has demand for new cars.
- VIDEO: House washed away in Australia storm Tue, 21 Apr 2015 08:01:28 GMT
- Mobile phone footage shows a house being washed away by floodwater in Dungog in New South Wales during a fierce storm.
- VIDEO: Flawless 100 carat diamond for sale Tue, 21 Apr 2015 06:39:25 GMT
- Sotheby's in London is to auction what it says is a 'flawless' 100 carat diamond.
- VIDEO: Sumatran rhino in need of a mate Mon, 20 Apr 2015 23:01:23 GMT
- The Borneo Rhino Alliance are trying to find a suitable mate for a Sumatran rhino.
- South Korea in turmoil over corruption Tue, 21 Apr 2015 10:21:56 GMT
- Allegations of corruption in South Korea have tainted the prime minister, and threaten to topple the president, says Stephen Evans.
- Russia sets its sights on Middle East Tue, 21 Apr 2015 00:30:55 GMT
- The missile deal between Russia and Iran may mark a renewed effort by Moscow to bolster its profile in the Middle East, says Jonathan Marcus.
- Will a 'feared' book damage Hillary's presidential hopes? Mon, 20 Apr 2015 18:13:39 GMT
- Clinton Cash alleges that Hillary Clinton granted favours to foreign interests. Is there substance behind what the New York Times calls the "most anticipated" book of the campaign so far?
- The Mediterranean's deadly migrant routes Tue, 21 Apr 2015 14:21:48 GMT
- A look at the treacherous journeys made my migrants trying to cross the Mediterranean into Europe.
- Google’s 'mobilegeddon' Tue, 21 Apr 2015 07:58:09 GMT
- The company is making changes to the way its search engine ranks sites, and that could send some hurtling down the rankings.
- What's become of Egypt's Morsi? Tue, 21 Apr 2015 09:23:25 GMT
- The BBC looks at what has led to Egypt's ousted President Mohammed Morsi being sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- Serb flight scare after coffee spill Tue, 21 Apr 2015 12:30:58 GMT
- A Serbian inquiry finds the president's jet went into a sudden plunge last week when the co-pilot tried to mop up a coffee spill.