"We know where most of the creativity, the innovation, the stuff that drives productivity lies--in the minds of those closest to the work. It's been there in front of our noses all along while we've been running around chasing robots and reading books on how to become Japanese--or at least manage like them."
—John F. Welch
- Azerbaijan starts Eurovision inquiry Mon, 20 May 2013 16:38:01 GMT
- The president of Azerbaijan orders an investigation into why his country gave Russia "nul points" at Saturday's Eurovision Song Contest.
- Star Trek tops US box office Mon, 20 May 2013 12:14:10 GMT
- Star Trek Into Darkness tops the US box office chart on its debut weekend but fails to reach its $100m estimate.
- VIDEO: Iraqis 'helping fight Syrian holy war' Mon, 20 May 2013 09:38:07 GMT
- The BBC has seen evidence that the Syrian regime is getting support from Shia fighters crossing into the country from Iraq.
- VIDEO: The future Ethiopia only dreamed of Mon, 20 May 2013 12:58:57 GMT
- George Alagiah reports on how Ethiopia has overcome adversity and is now showing some of the fastest growth rates in the world.
- VIDEO: Toilet paper shortage in Venezuela Mon, 20 May 2013 17:45:57 GMT
- The government of Venezuela is trying to import 50 million rolls of toilet paper before supermarket shelves run out of stock.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Mon, 20 May 2013 16:51:19 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: China film censorship 'terrible' Fri, 17 May 2013 10:11:38 GMT
- Film director Sir Alan Parker says he is appalled at how blockbuster films like Titanic and Ironman are being edited to satisfy Chinese censors.
- VIDEO: Rwandan Congo proxy claims 'ridiculous' Mon, 20 May 2013 14:16:27 GMT
- Rwandan President Paul Kagame dismisses allegations that his country has used proxy forces in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- VIDEO: Evita's memorabilia goes on tour Mon, 20 May 2013 17:41:52 GMT
- An exhibition of personal memorabilia which belonged to the Argentine icon Eva Peron is going on tour in a number of Latin American countries.
- VIDEO: Gumball rally sets off from Denmark Sun, 19 May 2013 16:46:23 GMT
- Up to 100 predominantly luxury cars are taking part in the Gumball 3000 rally in which some of the world's richest petrol-heads get to flaunt their wealth during a drive that will take them through Europe.
- Ryanair profits at record high Mon, 20 May 2013 06:57:03 GMT
- Discount airline Ryanair reports record full-year profits and rising revenues despite soaring fuel costs, but hits out at "bizarre" EU takeover decision.
- China 'can't be free rider on trade' Mon, 20 May 2013 19:43:56 GMT
- China cannot be a "free rider" when it comes to global trade, the EU's trade commissioner, Karel De Gucht, warns.
- Ex-Nokia team makes rival smartphone Mon, 20 May 2013 16:08:18 GMT
- A smartphone created by former Nokia employees is unveiled ahead of its release later this year.
- China 'state hackers renew attacks' Mon, 20 May 2013 10:13:08 GMT
- State-sponsored hackers are renewing their attacks on the US after a three-month hiatus, according to the New York Times.
- Taylor Swift wins at Billboards Mon, 20 May 2013 13:30:00 GMT
- The country pop singer, Rihanna, One Direction and Justin Bieber all win at this year's Billboard Music Awards.