"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but how many can get through to you."
—Mortimer Adler (b. 1902) American philosopher, educator, How to Read a Book
- VIDEO: Hello Kitty shrine in Singapore Sat, 01 Nov 2014 01:38:16 GMT
- The BBC's Lucas de Jong found one place in Singapore where interior designer Terry Goh has spent seven years making Hello Kitty the centre of attention.
- VIDEO: Prototype flying car shown off Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:18:17 GMT
- BBC Click looks at some of the week's technology highlights, including a flying car and electric rollerskates.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Sat, 01 Nov 2014 05:34:31 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Serial: Cult podcast grips audiences Sat, 01 Nov 2014 01:14:28 GMT
- In the age of "binge-watching" programmes, a US podcast series is gripping audiences around the world who are hooked on its weekly instalments.
- VIDEO: Inside a haunted house in Louisiana Fri, 31 Oct 2014 07:57:47 GMT
- It's Halloween and nowhere is it celebrated more than in the US. The BBC Pop Up team went behind the scenes at one of America's scariest haunted houses in Baton Rouge.
- VIDEO: Baby pandas wrestle with their keeper Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:23:55 GMT
- A breeder in China's Chendgu province was trying to give these two baby pandas medicine instead of their usual bamboo leaves- and they were having none of it.
- VIDEO: The dancers who light up the stage Fri, 31 Oct 2014 09:12:14 GMT
- The Japanese dance group using wearable technology to lighten up their act.
- VIDEO: Wong's journey from Hollywood to Asia Fri, 31 Oct 2014 06:38:10 GMT
- China's box office has been raking in more than $3bn since last year, which is why Hollywood actor Russell Wong finds himself working more in Asia than in LA.
- How much can UK campaign hurt IS? Fri, 31 Oct 2014 01:12:03 GMT
- The UK has signed up to limited strategic military action in Iraq against Islamic State - and there are questions over its ability to do much more, says Jonathan Marcus.
- Fashion challenge for Apple's Ive Fri, 31 Oct 2014 00:13:32 GMT
- Can Apple design guru Jony Ive turn the smartwatch into a hit?
- The price of peace in Colombia Fri, 31 Oct 2014 01:19:17 GMT
- As peace talks between the Colombian government and Farc rebels enter their third year, Vanessa Buschschluter asks what a peaceful Colombia would look like.
- VIDEO: What happened to TV cameras in court? Fri, 31 Oct 2014 01:18:07 GMT
- It has been one year since TV cameras started rolling in the Court of Appeal. But what has happened since? Legal Correspondent Clive Coleman investigates.
- Pompeii relic returned 50 years on Fri, 31 Oct 2014 16:26:40 GMT
- A woman from Canada hands back a stolen piece of the ruins of Pompeii more than 50 years after she put it into her bag.
- French town bans clowns after scares Fri, 31 Oct 2014 11:08:23 GMT
- French town bans clowns after violent incidents
- Russia raises interest rates to 9.5% Fri, 31 Oct 2014 11:32:56 GMT
- Russia's central bank raises interest rates to 9.5% from 8%, a much bigger rise than expected, as it seeks to combat inflation.