"During the Depression, or back when we were fighting Hitler, people didn't have time to sue a company if the coffee was too hot. There were urgent, pressing problems. If you think you have it tough, read history books."
—Bill Maher Comedian, commentator
- VIDEO: William and Kate visit Blue Mountains Thu, 17 Apr 2014 06:20:47 GMT
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have visited an area of the Blue Mountains n Australia devastated by bush-fires six months ago.
- VIDEO: Hunt for 100 abducted girls in Nigeria Wed, 16 Apr 2014 22:06:38 GMT
- Security forces in Borno State in Nigeria are searching for dozens of teenage girls abducted by suspected members of the Islamist militant group Boko Haram.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Thu, 17 Apr 2014 08:12:16 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Helmet cam captures Chile blaze Thu, 17 Apr 2014 02:15:18 GMT
- New footage captured on firefighter helmet cameras has emerged showing the full extent of the deadly fires that swept through a town in western Chile.
- VIDEO: NYPD shuts down Muslim 'spying' unit Wed, 16 Apr 2014 20:50:56 GMT
- A secret New York Police Department programme designed to eavesdrop on Muslims to identify potential terrorism threats has been disbanded.
- VIDEO: UB40 gig 'made fan's ears bleed' Wed, 16 Apr 2014 21:54:09 GMT
- UB40 has denied causing a fan's ears to bleed at a gig in Cambridge on Monday.
- VIDEO: Royal joke on baby prince's first word Wed, 16 Apr 2014 13:13:26 GMT
- The Duke of Cambridge has described Australia as a "beacon of confidence" as he and his family began the next leg of their Antipodean tour.
- VIDEO: CCTV reveals dog as hunted car vandal Wed, 16 Apr 2014 19:57:34 GMT
- A vandal responsible for puncturing more than two dozen vehicle tyres in a quiet Cumbrian village has been unmasked as a dog.
- Royals visit bushfire-ravaged town Thu, 17 Apr 2014 08:31:09 GMT
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge meet families whose homes were destroyed by bushfires that ravaged parts of Australia last year, as they tour the country.
- Google shares fall on ad concerns Thu, 17 Apr 2014 07:01:25 GMT
- Shares in Google fall 5% despite reporting first-quarter profit of $3.45bn in response to worries over future income from advertising.
- China sales fall hits Remy Cointreau Thu, 17 Apr 2014 07:13:19 GMT
- French spirits firm Remy Cointreau says operating profits will fall by up to 40% after a crackdown by China on extravagant spending hits sales.
- Cyborg glasses express fake emotions Wed, 16 Apr 2014 23:00:27 GMT
- A Japanese researcher creates glasses that show computer-generated eyes that express emotions so that the wearer does not need to bother.
- VIDEO: Is ZTE's choosy strategy working? Wed, 16 Apr 2014 23:54:16 GMT
- ZTE has decided to pass over investing in areas where returns aren't likely to be high - its results later will show how its new strategy is paying off.
- Rock band AC/DC are 'not retiring' Thu, 17 Apr 2014 08:43:27 GMT
- AC/DC confirm they will continue making music, following news guitarist and founder member Malcolm Young is taking a break from the band due to ill health.
- Bryan Singer sex abuse claim 'absurd' Thu, 17 Apr 2014 08:57:40 GMT
- Claims that X-Men director Bryan Singer sexually abused a teenager in 1999 are dismissed as "completely without merit" by the film-maker's lawyer.