"There is a difference between a book of two hundred pages from the very beginning, and a book of two hundred pages which is the result of an original eight hundred pages. The six hundred are there. Only you don't see them."
—Elie(zer) Wiesel (b. 1928) Romanian-born writer, lecturer, survivor Nazi camps, Nobel
- VIDEO: Many hurt in US school stage collapse Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:56:11 GMT
- A stage at a southern California high school collapses during a performance, sending 25 students to hospital with minor injuries.
- VIDEO: Smartphones meet polaroid at SXSW Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:30:04 GMT
- Inventors at the South by Southwest festival show how to print smartphone photos onto old Polaroid film.
- VIDEO: Iran nuclear deal 'within months' Sun, 09 Mar 2014 23:32:20 GMT
- The Iranian foreign minister has told the visiting EU foreign policy chief, Catherine Ashton, that a nuclear deal could come in the next four months.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:36:24 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Missing Malaysia jet 'a mystery' Mon, 10 Mar 2014 07:39:08 GMT
- Malaysia says it is widening the search for the airliner that disappeared on a flight to Beijing on Friday night.
- VIDEO: UN's food worries for Syrians Sun, 09 Mar 2014 18:37:19 GMT
- The World Food Programme says it has a serious funding shortfall for its work in Syria.
- AUDIO: Great white shark heading for UK Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:51:45 GMT
- A great white shark could become the first of its species to cross the Atlantic ocean.
- VIDEO: Biden comments anger Venezuela Mon, 10 Mar 2014 07:49:11 GMT
- Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has reacted angrily to comments made by US Vice President Joe Biden about ongoing protests in the country.
- VIDEO: Japanese astronaut takes ISS command Mon, 10 Mar 2014 02:30:28 GMT
- Koichi Wakata is the first Japanese astronaut in history to take up the post of commander on the International Space Station
- Missing flood fish found in puddle Sun, 09 Mar 2014 14:02:31 GMT
- A metre-long fish that escaped from an aquatic centre during recent floods is recovered from a puddle at a local car wash.
- Japan in record deficit, growth slows Mon, 10 Mar 2014 01:49:53 GMT
- Japan's current account deficit hits a record 1.5tn yen ($15bn; £8.7bn) in January, as economic growth figures are revised downwards.
- World's largest banana firm created Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:51:33 GMT
- Irish fruit firm Fyffes and US rival Chiquita are to merge, creating the world's largest banana company.
- Hackers steal data from MtGox boss Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:16:25 GMT
- Hackers have taken over the web accounts of the boss of troubled Bitcoin exchange MtGox and published data they found.
- Facebook's WhatsApp purchase opposed Fri, 07 Mar 2014 14:48:36 GMT
- Facebook's purchase of WhatsApp - one of the biggest ever tech acquisitions - runs into trouble over privacy concerns.
- Jude and Judi up for Olivier Awards Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:48:01 GMT
- Dame Judi Dench and Jude Law are among the nominees in the running for this year's Olivier Awards, one of the most high-profile events in the UK theatre calendar.