"If God kills, lies, cheats, discriminates, and otherwise behaves in a manner that puts the Mafia to shame, that's Okay, he's God. He can do whatever he wants. Anyone who adheres to this philosophy has had his sense of morality, decency, justice and humaneness warped beyond recognition by the very book that is supposedly preaching the opposite."
- Referendum campaigns make final push Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:55:35 GMT
- Both sides in the Scottish referendum campaign make their final pitches to voters as the latest polls suggest the result remains too close to call.
- Ebola global security threat - Obama Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:44:48 GMT
- US President Barack Obama calls the Ebola outbreak in West Africa a threat to security worldwide while announcing a larger US role, including 3,000 troops, to help fight the virus.
- Lagos collapse 'killed S Africans' Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:51:43 GMT
- At least 67 South Africans were killed when a church hostel belonging to Nigerian TV evangelist TB Joshua collapsed in Lagos, President Zuma says.
- Thai murder police to quiz Britons Wed, 17 Sep 2014 11:26:12 GMT
- Police investigating the murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller in Thailand say two British men are "possible suspects" and will face questioning.
- China leader Xi begins India visit Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:47:43 GMT
- China's President Xi Jinping begins his first official visit to India aiming to improve ties and boost Chinese investment.
- Nasa picks astronaut ship designs Tue, 16 Sep 2014 20:42:09 GMT
- The US space agency picks the companies it hopes can take the country's astronauts back into space - a capability lost when the shuttles retired in 2011.
- Shares plunge after Russian arrest Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:41:55 GMT
- Russian billionaire Vladimir Yevtushenkov is put under house arrest on suspicion of money-laundering, and shares in his company Sistema tumble.
- Richard III death injuries revealed Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:29:50 GMT
- King Richard III was probably killed by two blows to the head during a "sustained attack", according to new research.
- Dozens killed in Syria air strikes Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:58:46 GMT
- Almost 50 people have been killed by two days of government air strikes in an opposition-held town in central Syria, activists say.
- Obama to address troops on IS plan Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:32:43 GMT
- US President Barack Obama is to address troops involved in his new strategy to "degrade and destroy" Islamic State (IS) in Iraq and Syria.
- Indian villagers mourn dead monkey Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:48:21 GMT
- Nearly 200 Indian villagers shave their heads to try to ward off bad luck as they mourn the death of a monkey from their local temple.
- VIDEO: Nasa names US spacecraft companies Wed, 17 Sep 2014 06:35:17 GMT
- Nasa chooses two private companies to build a new generation of spacecraft that will take their astronauts to the International Space Station.
- VIDEO: Examining a rare colossal squid Wed, 17 Sep 2014 00:18:03 GMT
- Scientists have had the extremely rare chance to examine an intact colossal squid after it was accidentally caught in the Antarctic, as Mauricio Olmedo-Perez reports
- VIDEO: Lasers deliver brighter 3D films Tue, 16 Sep 2014 23:16:04 GMT
- BBC Click looks at a new laser projector that promises to deliver brighter and clearer pictures.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Wed, 17 Sep 2014 08:41:58 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.