"[Book dedication:] To myself, without whose inspired and tireless efforts this book would not have been possible."
- Italy holds two over migrant deaths Tue, 21 Apr 2015 05:15:35 GMT
- The captain and a crew member of a boat that capsized off Libya, killing about 800 migrants, have been arrested, Italian officials say.
- South Korea PM offers to resign Tue, 21 Apr 2015 03:30:52 GMT
- South Korea's Prime Minister Lee Wan-koo offers to resign after facing accusations of accepting bribes.
- Japan train sets new speed record Tue, 21 Apr 2015 05:32:26 GMT
- A Japanese magnetic levitation train breaks its own world speed record, hitting 603km/h (374mph) on a test run near Mount Fuji.
- AC/DC drummer Rudd pleads guilty Tue, 21 Apr 2015 01:20:48 GMT
- Phil Rudd, drummer with Australian hard rock group AC/DC, unexpectedly pleads guilty at a New Zealand court to making a threat to kill.
- 'Spy charge' for US reporter in Iran Mon, 20 Apr 2015 16:41:30 GMT
- Washington Post journalist Jason Rezaian, who was detained nine months ago in Iran, is facing four charges including espionage, his lawyer says.
- Utah woman jailed for killing babies Mon, 20 Apr 2015 22:31:50 GMT
- A Utah woman who admitted killing six of her own babies and hiding their bodies in her garage is sentenced to up to life in prison.
- Ferguson wins local paper a Pulitzer Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:44:42 GMT
- Several local papers join national broadsheets on the winners' list of the 2015 Pulitzer Prizes, US journalism's top awards.
- Turkey says it 'shares' Armenia pain Mon, 20 Apr 2015 23:08:35 GMT
- Ahmet Davutoglu says Turkey will "respectfully remember" deaths of Armenians in 1915 but stops short of recognising the killings as genocide.
- Solar plane aims for Chinese coast Mon, 20 Apr 2015 22:15:04 GMT
- The round-the-world, fuel-free aeroplane, Solar Impulse, head to Nanjing to prepare for an epic Pacific crossing.
- Three dead in New South Wales storm Tue, 21 Apr 2015 06:27:56 GMT
- Three people die as storms with winds of up to 135km/h (85 mph) batter New South Wales, leaving about 200,000 homes without power.
- Third charge after Melbourne raid Tue, 21 Apr 2015 02:36:51 GMT
- Police in Australia charge a third teenager, Harun Causevic, with terrorism-related offences after weekend raids in Melbourne.
- 'Syria-bound' family held in Turkey Mon, 20 Apr 2015 17:38:09 GMT
- A British couple believed to have been en route to Syria with their four children are being held in Turkey, a government official tells the BBC.
- VIDEO: Greek residents aid migrant rescue Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:54:30 GMT
- Greek coastguards and locals have rescued around 80 migrants whose boat ran aground off the island of Rhodes.
- VIDEO: Sicily's 'cemeteries of migrants' Mon, 20 Apr 2015 22:29:57 GMT
- Italian coastguards are continuing to search for bodies off the coast of Sicily as hundreds of migrants are feared dead after their boat capsized.
- VIDEO: Migrant: 'I pray to go and succeed' Mon, 20 Apr 2015 23:19:41 GMT
- Tijan Jagne is trying to save enough money to get to Libya and from there across the Mediterranean to Europe.