"[Book dedication:] To myself, without whose inspired and tireless efforts this book would not have been possible."
- Ebola-hit nations get key supplies Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:55:50 GMT
- Vital supplies to tackle Ebola are beginning to arrive in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone - the worst-hit countries, Ghana's president says.
- 'No closure' for Pistorius family Tue, 21 Oct 2014 02:07:36 GMT
- Oscar Pistorius' siblings describe their heartache and criticise media coverage of his trial, on the eve of the South African athlete's sentencing.
- Man walks again after transplant Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:07:41 GMT
- A paralysed Polish man has been able to walk again after a pioneering therapy that involved transplanting specialist cells into his damaged spinal cord.
- Canada hit-and-run man 'radicalised' Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:38:30 GMT
- A man who struck two Canadian soldiers with his car before he was shot dead by police had been "radicalised", Canada's PM says.
- Designer Oscar de la Renta dies Tue, 21 Oct 2014 03:11:48 GMT
- Dominican-born US fashion designer Oscar de la Renta, who dressed former first ladies Jackie Kennedy and Hillary Clinton, has died aged 82, US media report.
- Fresh fighting in key Syrian town Mon, 20 Oct 2014 21:30:58 GMT
- Fierce fighting breaks out in the Syrian town of Kobane, ending two days of relative calm after defenders pushed back Islamic State militants.
- Gough Whitlam dies at the age of 98 Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:26:44 GMT
- Former Australian Prime Minister Gough Whitlam, credited with transforming Australian society in the 1970s, has died at the age of 98.
- Chile arrests former Pinochet aide Mon, 20 Oct 2014 18:12:08 GMT
- Chile arrests Col Cristian Labbe, former aide to ex-military leader Augusto Pinochet, over the killings of 13 political prisoners in the 1970s.
- Total boss dies in Moscow air crash Tue, 21 Oct 2014 01:30:12 GMT
- Christophe de Margerie, chief executive of French oil company Total since 2007, has died when his plane crashed during take-off in Moscow.
- Child 'killed every five minutes' Tue, 21 Oct 2014 01:43:36 GMT
- A child is killed by violence every five minutes in the world, a leading charity says, calling for new targets to end all forms of child abuse by 2030.
- Bodies of seven women found in US Mon, 20 Oct 2014 19:19:43 GMT
- A man in the US state of Indiana confessed to a motel murder and directed police where to find more bodies - and six more were found.
- Man guilty of fake-girl webcam sex Tue, 21 Oct 2014 03:29:45 GMT
- An Australian man is convicted of performing a sex act in front of a webcam "watched by" a computer-generated child he believed was real.
- VIDEO: Investigation into US 'pumpkin riot' Mon, 20 Oct 2014 10:26:17 GMT
- An annual pumpkin festival in Keene, New Hampshire, turned violent as the event descended into a night of rioting.
- VIDEO: Ebola survivors’ blood 'saving lives' Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:21:11 GMT
- Blood from survivors of the Ebola virus is being used to treat patients suffering from the disease.
- VIDEO: Panorama: Inside Taliban stronghold Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:24:11 GMT
- BBC Panorama has gained unique access inside a Taliban stronghold, little more than an hour's drive from the capital, Kabul.