"To sit alone in the lamplight with a book spread out before you, and hold intimate converse with men of unseen generations--such is a pleasure beyond compare."
- Kenya bus gunmen 'want religious war' Sat, 22 Nov 2014 22:14:16 GMT
- The slaughter of 28 people on a bus in Kenya is an attempt to start a religious war, an adviser to President Uhuru Kenyatta tells the BBC.
- 'Big gaps' hamper Iran nuclear talks Sat, 22 Nov 2014 19:10:22 GMT
- Important sticking points remain in talks with Iran, Western powers warn, as negotiations on Tehran's nuclear programme enter their final stages.
- West 'seeks Russia regime change' Sat, 22 Nov 2014 18:09:49 GMT
- Western sanctions against Russia over its role in Ukraine are aimed at forcing regime change in Moscow, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says.
- Ebola 'stable' in Guinea - WHO Sat, 22 Nov 2014 15:33:53 GMT
- The deadly Ebola outbreak is now "stable" in Guinea, the country where the latest crisis began, the World Health Organization says.
- Iraq troops battle IS in Ramadi Sat, 22 Nov 2014 13:18:21 GMT
- Iraq's army launches an operation to retake parts of Ramadi in Anbar province, a major city largely controlled by Islamic State militants.
- US 'to expand' Afghan combat role Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:30:28 GMT
- US troops in Afghanistan will have a broader role than initially planned next year, as their combat mission draws to a close, US officials say.
- Albania opens huge Cold War bunker Sat, 22 Nov 2014 22:50:01 GMT
- A secret five-storey bunker that Albania's communist regime built in the 1970s to survive a nuclear bomb opens to the public for the first time.
- Thai king's absence sparks concern Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:24:17 GMT
- King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand fails to appear for a scheduled event, raising fresh concerns about his health.
- Pilgrims flock to 16th-Century saint Sat, 22 Nov 2014 17:16:13 GMT
- Thousands of Catholic pilgrims are converging on Goa in India to see the relics of Saint Francis Xavier, a 16th Century Spanish missionary.
- Bahrain holds disputed election Sat, 22 Nov 2014 21:20:19 GMT
- Voters have taken part in Bahrain's first parliamentary elections since Arab Spring protests in 2011, but many Shias had urged a boycott.
- Portugal ex-PM held over tax fraud Sat, 22 Nov 2014 14:24:13 GMT
- The former prime minister of Portugal, Jose Socrates, has been arrested in Lisbon as part of an investigation into money-laundering and bribery.
- Barcelona 5-1 Sevilla Sat, 22 Nov 2014 21:35:43 GMT
- Barcelona's Lionel Messi becomes the Spanish league's all-time top scorer with a hat-trick against Sevilla.
- VIDEO: Ukraine uprising: One year on Fri, 21 Nov 2014 22:40:38 GMT
- Services have been held in Ukraine to mark the anniversary of the mass protests which sparked the downfall of former president Viktor Yanukovych.
- VIDEO: 100-year-old sees ocean for first time Sat, 22 Nov 2014 05:36:19 GMT
- The moment a 100-year-old American woman, Ruby Holt, sees the ocean for the first time.
- VIDEO: YouTube studios for internet stars Fri, 21 Nov 2014 11:27:26 GMT
- YouTube is investing millions of dollars to set up professional studios which are free to use for anyone who has at least five thousand subscribers.