"Thank you for sending me a copy of your book - I'll waste no time reading it."
—Moses Hadas (1900-66)
- Abbas warning over holy site closure Thu, 30 Oct 2014 11:46:59 GMT
- The Palestinian leader's spokesman calls the closure of a disputed Jerusalem holy site after the shooting of a Jewish activist a "declaration of war".
- Burkina Faso parliament set ablaze Thu, 30 Oct 2014 11:46:26 GMT
- Protesters angry at plans to allow Burkina Faso's President Blaise Compaore to extend his 27-year-rule set fire to parliament in the capital.
- Apple chief: 'I'm proud to be gay' Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:13:37 GMT
- Apple chief executive Tim Cook has publicly acknowledged his sexuality.
- US faces Ebola quarantine test case Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:13:06 GMT
- A nurse who cared for Ebola patients in Sierra Leone is fighting the US state of Maine over its right to quarantine her against her will.
- Prison for S Korea bullying soldiers Thu, 30 Oct 2014 11:07:32 GMT
- A military court in South Korea gives prison sentences ranging from 25 to 45 years to four soldiers involved in the death of a junior soldier.
- Groups condemn Singapore gay ruling Thu, 30 Oct 2014 08:23:07 GMT
- Human rights groups criticise a Singapore court's decision that a law banning gay sex is constitutional, saying it "tramples on basic rights".
- Japan princess back in public eye Thu, 30 Oct 2014 08:11:11 GMT
- Japan's Crown Princess Masako - who has been hit by a stress-related illness - attends a banquet for Dutch royals, her first such appearance in 11 years.
- Tunisia secularists win elections Thu, 30 Oct 2014 11:03:58 GMT
- Tunisia's secularist Nidaa Tounes party wins 81 seats in parliament, pushing the Islamists of Ennahda into second place, official results show.
- Mexico head meets students' families Thu, 30 Oct 2014 05:20:53 GMT
- Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto meets the families of 43 students who went missing more than a month ago, sparking nationwide protests.
- Samsung profit lowest in three years Thu, 30 Oct 2014 00:29:41 GMT
- Samsung Electronics sees its quarterly operating profit fall to its lowest level in more than three years because of slowing smartphone sales.
- UK can be sued over rendition case Thu, 30 Oct 2014 11:45:15 GMT
- A Libyan man can sue the UK government over claims he was illegally sent back to Libya and tortured, the Court of Appeal rules.
- Microsoft unveils fitness band Thu, 30 Oct 2014 04:48:23 GMT
- Microsoft unveils a wearable device that can track a user's sleep and exercise as well connect to a fitness tracking service on smartphones.
- VIDEO: Chinese Hollywood builds Forbidden City Thu, 30 Oct 2014 09:53:21 GMT
- Hengdian, a small town on the east coast of China, has become the setting for one of the largest outdoor movie studios in the world.
- VIDEO: Newly-lit Sistine Chapel is unveiled Wed, 29 Oct 2014 21:56:15 GMT
- The Vatican has unveiled a new hi-tech LED lighting system for the Sistine Chapel in Rome.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Thu, 30 Oct 2014 05:49:23 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.