"In politics I am growing indifferent -- I would like it, if I could now return to my planting and books at home."
- Mandela daughter recalls final hours Mon, 09 Dec 2013 15:07:02 GMT
- Nelson Mandela's daughter Makaziwe tells the BBC about the former president's "wonderful" final moments, with the whole family around him.
- Police dismantle Kiev protest camps Mon, 09 Dec 2013 16:25:40 GMT
- Ukrainian police begin dismantling Kiev protest camps, in a stand-off following weeks of demonstrations over government dealings with the EU.
- N Korea images show aide's removal Mon, 09 Dec 2013 10:46:18 GMT
- North Korea broadcasts dramatic images of the once powerful uncle of leader Kim Jong-un being removed from a party meeting, confirming reports of his dismissal.
- Thai PM Yingluck calls election Mon, 09 Dec 2013 09:33:34 GMT
- Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra dissolves parliament and calls an election, after sustained protests in Bangkok.
- Tech firms seek surveillance reform Mon, 09 Dec 2013 08:59:31 GMT
- Eight leading technology firms including Google and Facebook call for "wide-scale changes" to US government surveillance.
- Rigby killer 'a soldier of Allah' Mon, 09 Dec 2013 15:48:28 GMT
- A man admits in court that he killed soldier Lee Rigby but says it was not murder because "I am a soldier of Allah" and "this is a war".
- Egypt's Brotherhood leader in court Mon, 09 Dec 2013 15:05:19 GMT
- Muslim Brotherhood leader Mohammed Badie appears in court in Egypt for the first time since his arrest in August.
- Russian news agency closed down Mon, 09 Dec 2013 10:49:50 GMT
- President Vladimir Putin abolishes the country's state-owned news agency RIA Novosti in a surprise decree.
- Indonesia train in deadly collision Mon, 09 Dec 2013 11:53:38 GMT
- A commuter train collides with a vehicle in Indonesia's capital, Jakarta, causing parts of the train to burst into flames.
- Sacred Hopi artefacts sold in Paris Mon, 09 Dec 2013 16:21:55 GMT
- Sacred artefacts from the Hopi native American tribe go under the hammer at a Paris auction, despite US objections.
- DJ Campbell held in fixing probe Mon, 09 Dec 2013 15:18:04 GMT
- Former Premier League footballer DJ Campbell is among six people questioned in connection with allegations of fixing in football matches.
- Warning over 4Chan Xbox One prank Mon, 09 Dec 2013 12:26:20 GMT
- Xbox One owners are being warned about an internet prank that could wreck their console and render it inoperable.
- Facebook develops 'sympathise' button Mon, 09 Dec 2013 13:57:25 GMT
- Facebook develops a "sympathise" button that users could click instead of the "like" button.
- 'Love island' in space pic shortlist Mon, 09 Dec 2013 13:43:21 GMT
- A heart-shaped island, a huge picture of a child's face and a portrait of Italy's Mount Vesuvius are among the images shortlisted in a contest to decide the year's best picture from space.
- VIDEO: Drone's eye view of Thailand rally Mon, 09 Dec 2013 12:48:07 GMT
- The BBC's Jonathan Head describes the scene at a protest rally in the Thai capital Bangkok, as the BBC's drone aerial camera captures the view from above.