"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it."
—Julius Henry Marx (1890-1977) [Groucho] American comedian, actor, Horse Feathers, Duck Soup
- Alps co-pilot 'had suicide treatment' Mon, 30 Mar 2015 20:37:22 GMT
- Co-pilot of crashed Germanwings jet, Andreas Lubitz, had treatment for suicidal tendencies before he gained his licence, investigators say.
- Nigeria vote 'too close to call' Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:01:24 GMT
- Initial results from Nigeria's election show little separating the two main candidates for the presidency, with full results due on Tuesday.
- One dead after shooting at NSA Mon, 30 Mar 2015 20:30:05 GMT
- Two people are being treated for injuries after an incident at the headquarters of the NSA outside of Washington.
- Indiana to 'clarify' religion law Mon, 30 Mar 2015 23:25:04 GMT
- Republicans in the US state of Indiana say they will amend a controversial "religious freedom" law, as accusations grow that it permits businesses to discriminate against gays.
- Jay Z promotes music streaming brand Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:15:01 GMT
- Some of the biggest names in entertainment have re-launched the music subscription service Tidal, which they claim will change musical history.
- Cameron launches election campaign Mon, 30 Mar 2015 21:53:36 GMT
- David Cameron says he wants to complete the job of "turning the country around" as the election officially gets under way and other leaders hit the campaign trail.
- Dozens dead near Yemen refugee camp Mon, 30 Mar 2015 20:47:55 GMT
- At least 40 people have died in a blast near a refugee camp in western Yemen, aid workers say, but officials deny Saudi air strikes were the cause.
- Mexico anger over crocodile shooting Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:41:58 GMT
- A police officer in Mexico is suspended after a video posted on YouTube shows a man in uniform killing a crocodile with a machine gun.
- Red Cross aid worker killed in Mali Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:22:18 GMT
- A Red Cross employee has been killed and another injured in a gun attack by suspected Islamist militants in Mali, the aid organisation says.
- Iran nuclear talks near key deadline Mon, 30 Mar 2015 16:57:22 GMT
- Last hours of intensive diplomacy over Iran's nuclear programme take place in Switzerland ahead of Tuesday's deadline for a long-awaited deal.
- MH17 appeal for Buk missile witnesses Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:08:00 GMT
- A team investigating the downing of a Malaysia Airlines plane over eastern Ukraine appeals to witnesses who saw a Buk missile launcher in the area.
- Uganda al-Shabab prosecutor killed Mon, 30 Mar 2015 20:41:58 GMT
- Joan Kagezi, the top Ugandan state prosecutor in the trial of 13 men suspected of a deadly al-Shabab bomb attack, is shot dead in Kampala.
- VIDEO: Alps rescuer: 'The scene was surreal' Thu, 26 Mar 2015 21:40:51 GMT
- Jean Sebastien Beaud from the mountain police, who arrived at the French Alps site soon after the plane crash, describes the scene as "surreal".
- VIDEO: Does your pet have 'separation anxiety'? Mon, 23 Mar 2015 09:39:26 GMT
- Vets are warning that a growing number of dogs and other pets are suffering from separation anxiety as peoples' working habits change.
- VIDEO: China warning over global warming Sun, 22 Mar 2015 19:24:45 GMT
- The head of China's weather bureau warns that the country faces serious problems as a result of climate change.