"Gaylord Perry and Willie McCovey should know each other like a book. They've been ex-teammates for years now."
—Jerry Coleman San Diego Padres announcer
- States Help New Mothers Get Birth Control Through Medicaid Wed, 23 Jul 2014 11:44:59 -0400
- New York and five other states are helping women on Medicaid get contraception immediately after giving birth. New moms can get an IUD or long-acting implant before leaving the hospital.
- A Plan To Untangle Our Digital Lives After We're Gone Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:34:00 -0400
- In the digital age, our online accounts don't die with us. A proposed law might determine what does happen to them. But the tech industry warns the measure could threaten the privacy of the deceased.
- Many Kids Who Are Obese Or Overweight Don't Know It Wed, 23 Jul 2014 07:29:00 -0400
- A significant percentage of obese kids think their weight is just fine. But do they need to know the truth to get healthier?
- Atlantic City's Casino Crisis: A Cautionary Tale Wed, 23 Jul 2014 04:45:39 -0400
- With the announcements of the planned closures of the Showboat and Trump Plaza casinos, the New Jersey town that once had the monopoly on gaming in the northeast is at a crucial turning point.
- Rubio Interview Sparks Heated Comments On Immigration, Economy Wed, 23 Jul 2014 04:45:39 -0400
- Steve Inskeep talks to Amy Walter of Cook Political Report about the social media response to his two-part interview with Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.
- U.S. Intelligence Tracking What Happened To Flight MH17 Wed, 23 Jul 2014 04:45:39 -0400
- Senior U.S. intelligence officials say they have proof that a surface-to-air missile was launched when the airliner went down and have ID'd people in a recorded conversation implicating the culprits.
- Conflicting Obamacare Rulings Set Stage For Supreme Court Face-Off Wed, 23 Jul 2014 04:45:39 -0400
- Two federal appeals courts issued conflicting views of the subsidies available under Obamacare. The problem is the language in one subsection of the 950-page law — boiling down to just three words.
- Airlines Cancel Service To Israel Amid Heightened Aviation Safety Concerns Wed, 23 Jul 2014 04:45:39 -0400
- A number of major airlines have suspended service to and from Tel Aviv as the fighting between Israel and Hamas in Gaza intensifies. That's leaving passengers to find other arrangements.
- The Challenge Of Keeping Tabs On The NSA's Secretive Work Wed, 23 Jul 2014 04:45:39 -0400
- Congress is supposed to hold U.S. spy agencies accountable. But as Edward Snowden's disclosures revealed, intelligence officials have not always provided a full or accurate picture.
- What Do The New Obamacare Rulings Mean For People Getting Subsidies? Wed, 23 Jul 2014 04:45:00 -0400
- The Affordable Care Act was the subject of two conflicting court opinions Tuesday. One upheld the subsidies that help middle- and low-income people afford health insurance; the other rejected them.
- Obama Adviser: Civilian Toll In Mideast Makes Cease-Fire Critical Wed, 23 Jul 2014 04:45:00 -0400
- Steve Inskeep speaks with President Obama's Deputy National Security Adviser Tony Blinken about the administration's next moves in Gaza and Ukraine.
- Taking Stock Of 2 Tech Giants: What's Next For Apple And Microsoft Wed, 23 Jul 2014 04:45:00 -0400
- Microsoft's new CEO is getting a lot of love from Wall Street, but the company is struggling to stay relevant. And Apple has found its footing again, mostly through a massive stock buyback program.
- How A Chokehold, Aka Neck Restraint, Is Supposed To Work Wed, 23 Jul 2014 04:45:00 -0400
- After a New York man died during a police takedown, police trainers say properly administered "neck restraint" moves do not result in choking and are safer than alternatives like Tasers.
- Congress And Biden Aim For Job Training That Actually Leads To Jobs Wed, 23 Jul 2014 04:45:00 -0400
- The vice president has been traveling the country to learn about the best ways to train workers. He announced the results Tuesday as the president signed a workforce training bill into law.
- Long GOP Primary Season Gives Democrats Time To Fill Campaign Coffers Wed, 23 Jul 2014 04:45:00 -0400
- If Democrats lose control of the Senate this fall, it likely won't be for lack of campaign money. The prominent female candidates in particular have healthy campaign accounts.