"Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good plays, good company, good conversation -- what are they? They are the happiest people in the world."
—William Lyon Phelps
- In pictures: Post-War office buildings listed Wed, 28 Jan 2015 01:36:35 GMT
- Striking buildings new to the National Heritage List
- The Swedish Schindler who disappeared Sun, 01 Feb 2015 00:00:34 GMT
- The man who saved thousands of Jews then disappeared
- The great Kuwaiti cat-meat scandal Sun, 01 Feb 2015 00:00:28 GMT
- The great Kuwaiti cat-meat scandal
- What could you buy for a Super Bowl ad? Sun, 01 Feb 2015 00:59:19 GMT
- What could you buy for the cost of a Super Bowl ad?
- Sink or Swim? The global drowning crisis Sun, 01 Feb 2015 00:23:34 GMT
- Playpens to drones - new ideas to reduce deaths by drowning
- VIDEO: Trends of the week - in 60 seconds Sun, 01 Feb 2015 01:16:03 GMT
- Round-up of social media trends around the world this week
- Weekendish: The best of the week's reads Fri, 30 Jan 2015 17:21:00 GMT
- Some of the best reads from the BBC News website this week
- Does technology make people touch each other less? Fri, 30 Jan 2015 17:09:17 GMT
- Does technology make people touch each other less?
- Go Figure: The week in numbers Fri, 30 Jan 2015 17:08:03 GMT
- The big numbers from the week's news, visualised
- Your pictures: City skylines Wed, 28 Jan 2015 15:50:51 GMT
- Readers' photographs on the theme of city skylines