"We know where most of the creativity, the innovation, the stuff that drives productivity lies--in the minds of those closest to the work. It's been there in front of our noses all along while we've been running around chasing robots and reading books on how to become Japanese--or at least manage like them."
—John F. Welch
- Cleric Abu Qatada refused bail Mon, 20 May 2013 15:02:34 GMT
- Radical cleric Abu Qatada is refused bail by an immigration tribunal in his latest bid for freedom.
- Eurovision Song Contest in pictures Sat, 18 May 2013 23:31:10 GMT
- 58th Eurovision Song Contest in Malmo
- In pictures: English ritual year Sat, 18 May 2013 08:29:31 GMT
- Idiosyncratic English rituals on camera
- Week in pictures: 11-17 May 2013 Fri, 17 May 2013 15:40:43 GMT
- Some of the best news photos this week
- In pictures: Things come apart Fri, 17 May 2013 07:26:07 GMT
- Inside everyday objects and design classics
- Day in pictures: 17 May 2013 Fri, 17 May 2013 13:30:21 GMT
- Twenty-four hours of news photos: 17 May
- In pictures: Raw power of the Sun Fri, 17 May 2013 06:17:41 GMT
- Best pictures of our parent star
- In pictures: Dambusters flypast Thu, 16 May 2013 16:39:52 GMT
- A Lancaster bomber flypast over Derwent reservoir
- In pictures: Barbie house opens in Berlin Thu, 16 May 2013 15:35:05 GMT
- Life-size Barbie house opens in Berlin
- Do white South Africans have a future? Sun, 19 May 2013 23:54:51 GMT
- What is the future for white people in South Africa?
- Keeping alive Gaza's culinary traditions Mon, 20 May 2013 00:06:58 GMT
- Preserving the spice of life when ingredients and power are scarce
- Eritrean tells of Sinai torture for ransom Sun, 19 May 2013 23:09:36 GMT
- Refugee's story of seven months held in the Sinai desert
- Day in pictures: 20 May 2013 Mon, 20 May 2013 11:45:58 GMT
- Twenty-four hours of news photos from around the world
- How do you scrap an aircraft carrier? Mon, 20 May 2013 09:21:34 GMT
- How do you dismantle an aircraft carrier?
- The cassette makes a comeback Sun, 19 May 2013 23:36:32 GMT
- The company reinvigorating the humble cassette tape