"A best seller was a book which somehow sold well simply because it was selling well."
—Daniel J (oseph) Boorstin (b. 1914) American Gov't Official, Librarian of Congress
- Google reveals computer-on-a-stick Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:31:29 GMT
- Google announces that a range of computer-on-a-sticks and laptops costing as low as $149 (£101) are joining its range of Chrome OS devices.
- VIDEO: Big leap in 4K video streaming tech Tue, 31 Mar 2015 23:22:56 GMT
- A new method of compression could see ultra-HD video streamed to TVs and other devices using around 50% of the bandwidth currently needed.
- Tech sites lead on April Fools gags Wed, 01 Apr 2015 11:39:24 GMT
- The Force - the mysterious energy field used by the Jedi in Star Wars - has been discovered by researchers at the Cern laboratory in an April Fools prank.
- Beatle's wife Cynthia Lennon dies Wed, 01 Apr 2015 16:59:52 GMT
- Cynthia Lennon, the first wife of John Lennon, dies at her home in Spain following a "short but brave" battle with cancer.
- Wahlberg to make Boston bombing film Wed, 01 Apr 2015 08:55:49 GMT
- Mark Wahlberg is to co-produce and potentially star in a film about the 2013 bombing of the Boston Marathon and the city-wide manhunt that followed.
- US makes climate pledge to UN Tue, 31 Mar 2015 14:27:37 GMT
- The US has pledged to tackle climate change by cutting its carbon emissions 26-28% by 2025.
- LHC fixes glitch, prepares for beams Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:05:13 GMT
- The short circuit delaying the restart of the Large Hadron Collider has been fixed, after a blast of high current melted the metal particle responsible.
- Paracetamol ‘no good for back pain' Tue, 31 Mar 2015 23:06:01 GMT
- Paracetamol is ineffective at treating back pain and osteoarthritis despite being a recommended treatment, a group of Australian researchers warns.
- Guinea declares Ebola 'emergency' Sun, 29 Mar 2015 00:00:41 GMT
- Guinean President Alpha Conde has declared a 45-day "health emergency" in five regions in the west and southwest of the Ebola-hit nation.
- I'm not a money-grabber - Sterling Wed, 01 Apr 2015 16:00:10 GMT
- Raheem Sterling tells BBC Sport he is not a "money-grabbing 20-year-old" after turning down a Liverpool deal worth £100,000 a week.
- American Broner hints at Khan fight Wed, 01 Apr 2015 10:58:54 GMT
- Adrien Broner tweets a video of himself talking to Amir Khan on the phone, hinting at a possible showdown.
- America's most generous con artist Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:53:47 GMT
- Mark Landis spent 30 years donating works of art to respected museums and galleries - but the pictures were fakes that he had created himself.
- I nearly drowned in chocolate Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:55:30 GMT
- A Syrian refugee tells how he nearly drowned in a lorry of melted chocolate as he tried to enter the UK.
- Latin translation for Wimpy Kid Wed, 01 Apr 2015 10:12:51 GMT
- The best-selling children's book Diary of a Wimpy Kid is translated into Latin by a Vatican official.
- Woman wins car in April Fool's bluff Wed, 01 Apr 2015 14:23:22 GMT
- A New Zealander wins a luxury car after playing along with what seemed to be an April Fool's joke.