"Thank you for sending me a copy of your book - I'll waste no time reading it."
—Moses Hadas (1900-66)
- Later sunsets 'make kids more active' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:15:39 GMT
- Moving the clocks forward by one extra hour all year could lead to children getting two more minutes of exercise every day, say UK researchers.
- 'Nine million have TB' - WHO report Wed, 22 Oct 2014 15:17:01 GMT
- The World Health Organization revises its estimate as to how many people have tuberculosis up by 500,000, in its latest report into the killer disease.
- Suarez to make Barcelona bow at Real Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:24:23 GMT
- Barcelona coach Luis Enrique says striker Luis Suarez will make his debut for the club against Real Madrid on Saturday.
- Beale fined for picture text offence Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:27:29 GMT
- Kurtley Beale is fined £24,600 for sending an offensive picture message to an Australian Rugby Union female team official.
- How to solve brain-teasers set by a top puzzle master Fri, 24 Oct 2014 00:32:50 GMT
- The Magazine recently wrote about the late puzzle master extraordinaire, Martin Gardner, and shared some of his brain-teasers - as promised, here are the answers.
- Reclaiming the swastika Thu, 23 Oct 2014 00:03:34 GMT
- In the Western world the swastika is synonymous with fascism, but historically it was used as a symbol of good fortune in almost every culture in the world.
- Dozens monitored for Ebola in Mali Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:20:14 GMT
- Dozens of people are being monitored in Mali after the nation confirmed a two-year-old girl as its first Ebola case.
- Daniel Pearl murder suspect released Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:24:58 GMT
- One of the suspects in the murder of American journalist Daniel Pearl, beheaded in 2002, is set free by an anti-terrorism court in Pakistan.
- Spanish art gems head for UK town Thu, 23 Oct 2014 23:39:09 GMT
- A new art gallery showing major works of art from Spain's "golden age" is to open in a former bank in Bishop Auckland, County Durham.
- Governor quits over Mexico missing Fri, 24 Oct 2014 04:49:56 GMT
- The governor of Mexico's southern Guerrero state - where 43 students went missing after deadly clashes with police last month - stands down.
- Mortar fire on Pakistan-Iran border Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:58:49 GMT
- Pakistani and Iranian forces have exchanged mortar fire, in the latest incident between the two countries along their porous border.
- Dallas Ebola nurse free of virus Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:27:44 GMT
- A Dallas nurse infected with Ebola while treating a patient is now said to be free of the deadly virus, US health officials say.
- Asda faces mass action on equal pay Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:13:49 GMT
- Asda, the UK's second largest retailer, is facing a mass legal action over equal pay by women who work in their stores.
- Hen party death lorry driver cleared Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:33:34 GMT
- A lorry driver is cleared of causing the death by dangerous driving of a woman on a hen party in West Yorkshire.
- Ashya's family 'unsafe for UK return' Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:31:54 GMT
- The family of Ashya King say they will not yet return to the UK following his treatment in Prague as they do not feel safe to do so.