"Liesure without books is death, and burial of a man alive."
—Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC?-AD 65) [The Younger] Roman Stoic philosopher, writer, tutor
- Native Americans quit Sandler set Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:40:31 GMT
- Several Native American actors walk off the set of an Adam Sandler comedy, claiming the film is "totally disrespectful" of Apache culture.
- Hastings fishermen seek 'fair share' Fri, 24 Apr 2015 23:23:02 GMT
- In the tightly contested seat of Hastings and Rye, it is the topic of fishing quotas that has become a key election issue
- 'We print people': The world of 3D portraiture Fri, 24 Apr 2015 23:31:48 GMT
- An up-close encounter with the growing business of little, 3D-printed portraits. Cool or just a little bit creepy?
- Mitochondria editing tried in mice Sun, 26 Apr 2015 02:47:59 GMT
- Researchers develop a technique to edit out bits of mitochondrial DNA that could otherwise pass on incurable diseases, a study in mice shows.
- Hope over child malaria vaccine tests Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:01:19 GMT
- Final clinical trials of a malaria vaccine - the first to reach this stage - suggest it could protect one third of children against malaria, according to data published in The Lancet.
- Klitschko eyes Fury title defence Sun, 26 Apr 2015 08:40:14 GMT
- Wladimir Klitschko says Tyson Fury is set to be his next challenger after the latest successful defence of his world titles.
- Weir loses out in sprint finish Sun, 26 Apr 2015 09:43:04 GMT
- David Weir loses out in a sprint finish to American Joshua George in the T53/54 wheelchair race at the London Marathon.
- The gunmen of Aden who keep saying sorry Sat, 25 Apr 2015 22:59:55 GMT
- As fighting raged in the Yemeni port of Aden this last week, the BBC's Orla Guerin made a brief visit from nearby Djibouti - in a cargo boat.
- Hunting whales with rowing boats and spears Sun, 26 Apr 2015 00:06:12 GMT
- The Indonesian village of Lamalera is among the few remaining communities that hunt whales using traditional harpoons.
- PM's 'brain fade' over football team Sat, 25 Apr 2015 13:44:38 GMT
- David Cameron comes under fire from Twitter users after saying in a speech that he supported West Ham - when he is an Aston Villa fan.
- VIDEO: Couple plan to be oldest newlyweds Sat, 25 Apr 2015 06:47:09 GMT
- Two elderly lovebirds from East Sussex are set to become the world's oldest newlyweds when they tie the knot in June.
- Malawians boycott South African shops Fri, 24 Apr 2015 16:43:23 GMT
- South African-owned shops in Malawi stay closed after calls for a boycott from activists angered at recent xenophobic attacks.
- Gallipoli tributes to Anzac 'heroes' Sat, 25 Apr 2015 11:48:44 GMT
- Australia and New Zealand hold ceremonies to mark the centenary of the military landings at Gallipoli during the First World War.
- Bloody riots mar Belgrade derby Sat, 25 Apr 2015 20:50:11 GMT
- The start of the Belgrade derby between Red Star and Partizan was delayed for 45 minutes following serious crowd trouble.
- Chile volcano causes flight problems Fri, 24 Apr 2015 15:56:25 GMT
- The eruption of the Calbuco volcano in southern Chile is causing many international flights to be delayed or cancelled.