"A Book of Verses undeneath the Bough, A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread - and Thou Beside me singing in the Wilderness- Oh, Wilderness were Paradise enow!"
—Omar Khayyám (1050?-1123) Persian poet, mathematician, astronomer
- Native Americans quit Sandler set Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:40:31 GMT
- Several Native American actors walk off the set of an Adam Sandler comedy, claiming the film is "totally disrespectful" of Apache culture.
- Hastings fishermen seek 'fair share' Fri, 24 Apr 2015 23:23:02 GMT
- In the tightly contested seat of Hastings and Rye, it is the topic of fishing quotas that has become a key election issue
- 'We print people': The world of 3D portraiture Fri, 24 Apr 2015 23:31:48 GMT
- An up-close encounter with the growing business of little, 3D-printed portraits. Cool or just a little bit creepy?
- Hope over child malaria vaccine tests Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:01:19 GMT
- Final clinical trials of a malaria vaccine - the first to reach this stage - suggest it could protect one third of children against malaria, according to data published in The Lancet.
- Niger schools shut over meningitis Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:24:22 GMT
- All schools in and around Niger's capital, Niamey, are to stay shut until Monday because of a meningitis outbreak that has killed 85 people this year.
- Brighton & Hove Albion 0-2 Watford Sat, 25 Apr 2015 17:00:36 GMT
- Watford are promoted to the Premier League after they beat Brighton and other results go their way.
- Nishikori reaches Barcelona final Sat, 25 Apr 2015 16:41:42 GMT
- Defending champion Kei Nishikori beats 14th seed Martin Klizan to reach the final of the Barcelona Open.
- Getting aid to a war zone in a swarm of drones Fri, 24 Apr 2015 23:05:30 GMT
- A swarm of tiny drones has been developed by a US Air Force pilot in the hope that they will deliver aid into war torn Syria - 1kg at a time.
- The migrants who took over a Sicilian palace Fri, 24 Apr 2015 23:40:30 GMT
- Many young Sicilians are poor and jobless, so they have something in common with migrants arriving from Africa - and sometimes even occupy empty homes together.
- PM's 'brain fade' over football team Sat, 25 Apr 2015 13:44:38 GMT
- David Cameron comes under fire from Twitter users after saying in a speech that he supported West Ham - when he is an Aston Villa fan.
- Mango-thrower gets presidential flat Sat, 25 Apr 2015 02:23:13 GMT
- Venezuela's President Maduro allocates a woman a flat, after she hits him on the head with a mango.
- Malawians boycott South African shops Fri, 24 Apr 2015 16:43:23 GMT
- South African-owned shops in Malawi stay closed after calls for a boycott from activists angered at recent xenophobic attacks.
- Reprieve for China wife on death row Fri, 24 Apr 2015 12:34:37 GMT
- A Chinese court gives a two-year reprieve to a woman sentenced to death for murdering her abusive husband.
- Swiss town ends St Bernard snaps Fri, 24 Apr 2015 18:36:14 GMT
- Officials in the Swiss mountain resort Zermatt say they are ending the practice of allowing tourists to pose for photos with the iconic St Bernard dogs.
- Chile volcano causes flight problems Fri, 24 Apr 2015 15:56:25 GMT
- The eruption of the Calbuco volcano in southern Chile is causing many international flights to be delayed or cancelled.