"A good book has no ending."
—R. D. Cumming
- Experts to review stroke clot-buster Fri, 22 Aug 2014 18:20:11 GMT
- The UK medicines watchdog is setting up a review to look at the safety of alteplase, a clot-busting drug often used to treat strokes.
- Double vaccines 'could end polio' Thu, 21 Aug 2014 23:31:23 GMT
- Using both types of polio vaccine could speed up efforts to free the world of the crippling and potentially fatal disease, research suggests.
- I'm not racist nor sexist - Mackay Fri, 22 Aug 2014 18:37:53 GMT
- Ex-Cardiff boss Malky Mackay says he is no "racist, sexist, homophobe or anti-Semite" after sending offensive text messages.
- Atletico beat Real to win Super Cup Fri, 22 Aug 2014 23:10:07 GMT
- Mario Mandzukic scores his first goal for Atletico Madrid, who beat city rivals Real to win the Spanish Super Cup.
- Secret recordings of a president's daughter Thu, 21 Aug 2014 23:09:19 GMT
- In new recordings, Gulnara Karimova, the daughter of Uzbekistan's president, says that she and her daughter are in desperate need of help.
- VIDEO: The last prisoner on Big Island Thu, 21 Aug 2014 23:04:12 GMT
- Julio de Almeida, 83, is the last prisoner on Big Island, Ilha Grande, off the coast of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
- Army takes over Miss Uganda contest Fri, 22 Aug 2014 10:59:26 GMT
- Forces hope Miss Uganda will boost agriculture.
- Malaysia observes silence for MH17 Fri, 22 Aug 2014 08:53:56 GMT
- Malaysians observe a moment of silence following the arrival of the bodies of 20 victims of Flight MH17 which crashed in Ukraine in July.
- Lithuania envoy killed in Ukraine Fri, 22 Aug 2014 18:31:43 GMT
- Lithuania says its honorary consul has been murdered by "terrorists" in Luhansk, in rebel-held eastern Ukraine.
- Argentina debt plan ruled 'illegal' Thu, 21 Aug 2014 23:32:35 GMT
- Argentina's plan to ask investors holding defaulted bonds to swap them for new locally issued debt is ruled "illegal" by a US court.
- Tour buses collide near Egypt resort Fri, 22 Aug 2014 06:29:21 GMT
- Two tourist buses collide near Sharm El-Sheikh in Egypt's Sinai peninsula, leaving 33 people dead and 41 injured, officials say.
- IS militants 'biggest threat' to US Fri, 22 Aug 2014 13:59:48 GMT
- Islamic State militants in Syria and Iraq are the most dangerous threat the US has faced in recent years, senior American officials warn.
- UK won't work with Assad - Hammond Fri, 22 Aug 2014 14:52:30 GMT
- Britain will not work with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in the battle against Islamic State extremists, Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond says.
- Hospitals told to cut parking charges Sat, 23 Aug 2014 01:08:56 GMT
- Hospitals in England are told to cut the cost of parking for certain groups under new government guidelines.
- BT warns of rise in phone bills Fri, 22 Aug 2014 23:27:40 GMT
- BT warns millions of customers it is increasing prices by up to 6.5% from December this year.