"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket."
- TV battles Periscope's boxing pirates Mon, 04 May 2015 17:23:38 GMT
- US networks force clips of the Mayweather v Pacquiao boxing match offline, but fail to prevent new apps showing live streams of the bout.
- Facebook opens Internet.org amid row Mon, 04 May 2015 10:48:35 GMT
- Facebook is to allow more organisations to join its free mobile data scheme, but net neutrality campaigners remain opposed.
- Avengers film storms US box office Tue, 05 May 2015 10:32:24 GMT
- Avengers: Age of Ultron tops the US and Canada box office with $191.3m (£126.5m) in its opening weekend, but fails to beat the debut of 2012's Avengers film.
- Polanski given top Polish film award Tue, 05 May 2015 09:27:55 GMT
- Director Roman Polanski is given one of Poland's top film awards in Krakow, where he also faces a US request to extradite him over rape charges dating back to 1977.
- Big whales have stretchy nerves Tue, 05 May 2015 08:26:39 GMT
- Scientists discover one of the secrets of how the world’s biggest whales engulf their own weight in water and food: the nerves in their big jaws are incredibly stretchy.
- Climate drives new era in Arctic sea Mon, 04 May 2015 07:48:58 GMT
- Changes in the Arctic Ocean are so profound that the region is entering what amounts to "a new era", according to Norwegian scientists.
- Ovarian cancer blood test 'boost' Tue, 05 May 2015 01:27:34 GMT
- A 14-year UK trial of regular blood tests shows such success in early detection of ovarian cancer that it could lead to a national screening programme.
- International 'diet pill' warning Tue, 05 May 2015 10:19:37 GMT
- Global police forces are working together to try to prevent the supply of so-called "diet pills" which can be deadly.
- Prize money means nothing - Bingham Tue, 05 May 2015 10:41:19 GMT
- Stuart Bingham has said holding aloft the world championship trophy means more to him than the £300,000 prize money.
- 'Alonso may never win another race' Tue, 05 May 2015 06:45:40 GMT
- Double world champion Fernando Alonso may not win another race in his career, according to former team-mate Jarno Trulli.
- The man who cut out his own appendix Mon, 04 May 2015 23:41:50 GMT
- Russian surgeon, Leonid Rogozov, got appendicitis while on an Antarctic mission - he had to operate on himself.
- Canadian mother fights radicalisation Mon, 04 May 2015 23:35:19 GMT
- How do young people 6,000 miles away from Syria get sucked into its conflict - and how do you stop it happening?
- Outcry over tax-free MP salaries Mon, 04 May 2015 11:51:42 GMT
- MPs in the Solomon Islands face a backlash over a move making their salaries tax-free.
- Wild boar roam Latvia's capital city Tue, 05 May 2015 10:50:37 GMT
- Authorities in Riga are debating how to deal with wild boar roaming around the centre.
- Burundi court backs third-term bid Tue, 05 May 2015 10:42:25 GMT
- Burundi's constitutional court rules that President Pierre Nkurunziza's third-term bid is legal, after one of its judges reportedly flees the country.