"Be careful of reading health books, you might die of a misprint."
—Mark Twain (1835-1910) [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] American author, humorist
- Cyber attacks top US threat list Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:07:36 GMT
- A US intelligence assessment of security threats faced by the country highlights cyber attacks from foreign governments and criminals.
- Google backs down over Blogger porn Fri, 27 Feb 2015 13:33:51 GMT
- Google has changed its mind about forcing sexually explicit blogs on its Blogger platform to become private.
- Obama leads Leonard Nimoy tributes Sat, 28 Feb 2015 10:55:57 GMT
- President Obama is among those paying tribute to Leonard Nimoy, the Star Trek actor who has died aged 83, saying: "I loved Spock."
- Harrison Ford back for Blade Runner Fri, 27 Feb 2015 10:42:10 GMT
- Harrison Ford will reprise his role as police officer Rick Deckard in the forthcoming Blade Runner sequel, it is confirmed.
- 'Exquisite' gravity probe leaves UK Sat, 28 Feb 2015 10:54:23 GMT
- UK industry completes construction of the modules that make up the Lisa Pathfinder satellite - a remarkable probe that will test the key technologies needed to detect gravitational waves in space.
- Wheat present in UK 'for 8,000 years' Fri, 27 Feb 2015 03:23:25 GMT
- Fragments of wheat DNA suggest wheat was present in Britain 8,000 years ago, long before it was grown by British farmers.
- Distinct ME stages found, says study Sat, 28 Feb 2015 02:31:15 GMT
- Scientists say they have found distinct changes in the immune systems of patients with ME or chronic fatigue syndrome, which could lead to better diagnosis and treatment.
- Cut music to 'an hour a day' - WHO Fri, 27 Feb 2015 14:27:20 GMT
- People should listen to music for no more than one hour a day to protect their hearing, the World Health Organization suggests.
- Sri Lanka thump England in World Cup Sun, 01 Mar 2015 06:13:51 GMT
- England slip to a third crushing defeat in four World Cup games as Sri Lanka chase 310 to win by nine wickets.
- Spurs wanted me as boss - Mourinho Sat, 28 Feb 2015 23:16:25 GMT
- Jose Mourinho reveals ahead of Sunday's Capital One Cup final that Spurs approached him for the manager's job in 2007.
- Singapore at 50: From swamp to skyscrapers Sat, 28 Feb 2015 01:33:36 GMT
- Fifty years ago Singapore gained independence - it became one of the region's leading economies thanks to immigrants like Sharanjit Leyl's grandfather.
- The 30-day worm and cricket diet Sat, 28 Feb 2015 00:10:22 GMT
- A US student is just finishing a 30-day diet in which he has eaten insects three times a day - and he says they're much better than you might think.
- Dutch town terrorised by rogue owl Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:36:41 GMT
- Residents of the Dutch town of Purmerend are advised to take umbrellas out at night after a rogue owl leaves man requiring stitches to head wounds.
- Rare bear cub found outside circus Fri, 27 Feb 2015 16:12:51 GMT
- A rare two-week-old Asiatic black bear cub is found abandoned in a box outside a Russian circus.
- Lesotho votes in snap elections Sat, 28 Feb 2015 17:53:31 GMT
- Polling ends and counting is under way in Lesotho, in a snap election aimed at resolving political tensions after an attempted coup last year.