"A good book has no ending."
—R. D. Cumming
- Antibiotic 'link to child obesity' Tue, 30 Sep 2014 04:02:29 GMT
- A large American study suggests young children who are given repeated courses of antibiotics are more likely than those given fewer drugs to be obese.
- Children hit by tooth decay at three Mon, 29 Sep 2014 23:28:02 GMT
- More than one in 10 three-year-olds have tooth decay, the first survey of the age group shows.
- Pardew set to stay as Newcastle boss Tue, 30 Sep 2014 11:08:32 GMT
- Newcastle manager Alan Pardew's job is thought to be safe for the time being, despite his side being second bottom.
- Azinger open to Ryder Cup return Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:42:14 GMT
- Former Ryder Cup captain Paul Azinger will not rule out returning to lead the United States in the 2016 Ryder Cup.
- One people, 1,200 sausages Mon, 29 Sep 2014 00:18:46 GMT
- The history of Germany in beer and bratwurst.
- A jihadist beheading in middle America? Mon, 29 Sep 2014 14:20:24 GMT
- It is still unclear whether a man who beheaded his co-worker did so in a violent rage, or as an act of jihad.
- Recalculation boosts Kenyan economy Tue, 30 Sep 2014 13:32:29 GMT
- Kenya's economy is believed to be 25% larger than previously estimated following a change in the way its size is calculated.
- Hong Kong leader in protest appeal Tue, 30 Sep 2014 12:43:42 GMT
- Hong Kong leader CY Leung urges pro-democracy protesters to "immediately" stop their campaign, as crowds bring areas to a standstill.
- Catalans slow independence campaign Tue, 30 Sep 2014 15:48:54 GMT
- The government of Catalonia halts its referendum campaign following a court ruling but remains "determined" to hold the vote.
- Venezuela defends Clorox seizure Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:34:46 GMT
- Venezuelan leader Nicolas Maduro defends his government's decision to seize a US-owned factory following the departure from Venezuela of Clorox.
- Israel points to Iran as main threat Mon, 29 Sep 2014 21:17:04 GMT
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warns that a nuclear Iran is a bigger threat to the world than Islamic State (IS) militants.
- Hannah suspect 'linked to 2009 case' Mon, 29 Sep 2014 20:12:06 GMT
- Police searching for missing student Hannah Graham say there is a forensic link between suspect Jesse Matthew and another unsolved murder case.
- May: Our values will beat extremists Tue, 30 Sep 2014 14:36:42 GMT
- A future Conservative government would seek new powers to ban extremist groups and curb the activities of "harmful" individuals, Theresa May says.
- Dead teacher filmed boys changing Tue, 30 Sep 2014 13:51:07 GMT
- Indecent images of pupils are found on the computer of an Essex deputy head teacher who was found dead after he was visited by police.
- DJ Neil Fox held over 'sex assaults' Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:22:00 GMT
- Radio DJ Neil Fox - known as "Dr Fox" - is arrested in London by police investigating claims of historical sex offences.