"We know where most of the creativity, the innovation, the stuff that drives productivity lies--in the minds of those closest to the work. It's been there in front of our noses all along while we've been running around chasing robots and reading books on how to become Japanese--or at least manage like them."
—John F. Welch
- Blood test 'finds Alzheimer's early' Sun, 09 Mar 2014 18:13:26 GMT
- A blood test can accurately predict the onset of Alzheimer's disease, according to US researchers.
- Malaria 'spreading to new altitudes' Fri, 07 Mar 2014 01:13:24 GMT
- Warmer temperatures are causing malaria to spread in the African and South American highlands, traditionally havens from the disease, scientists say.
- Injured Root out of World Twenty20 Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:01:57 GMT
- Joe Root will miss the World Twenty20 in Bangladesh after fracturing his thumb in the last one-day international against West Indies.
- Do skiing apps encourage dangerous behaviour? Mon, 10 Mar 2014 01:46:57 GMT
- Smartphone apps which measure skiing speed have been criticised for encouraging dangerous behaviour on the slopes. But are they really so bad?
- Diamonds: Natural and unnatural wonders Mon, 10 Mar 2014 00:23:02 GMT
- Diamonds may be the ultimate status symbol, but beautiful specimens no longer come only from deep holes in the ground.
- South Sudan hit by anti-UN protest Mon, 10 Mar 2014 17:43:34 GMT
- More than 1,000 people have protested in South Sudan's capital, Juba, accusing the UN of arming rebels - a charge it denies.
- Kim Jong-un in 'unanimous poll win' Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:35:34 GMT
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is elected to the country's rubber-stamp parliament with a unanimous vote from his district, state media say.
- Bayern boss admits massive tax fraud Mon, 10 Mar 2014 15:03:22 GMT
- Uli Hoeness, president of European football champions Bayern Munich, admits in court that he defrauded the German tax authorities of 18m euros (£15m; $25m).
- 'Long-dead Mexico drug lord killed' Mon, 10 Mar 2014 03:22:11 GMT
- Officials in Michoacan, Mexico say that they have shot dead drug lord Nazario Moreno - The Craziest One - who was reported killed in 2010.
- Syria rebels free kidnapped nuns Mon, 10 Mar 2014 16:49:11 GMT
- A group of Greek Orthodox nuns held for three months by rebels in Syria after being taken from their convent in Maaloula arrive back in Damascus.
- Child-killer mother found dead Mon, 10 Mar 2014 21:35:33 GMT
- An American woman who killed her three children in Edinburgh is found dead in a secure hospital in Nottinghamshire.
- RAF jets to monitor Ukraine border Tue, 11 Mar 2014 00:07:40 GMT
- Royal Air Force reconnaissance planes will fly missions to Poland and Romania to monitor the crisis in Ukraine, the Ministry of Defence says.
- MP 'abused young men in Parliament' Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:49:28 GMT
- The former deputy speaker of the House of Commons sexually abused young men in Parliament and at the Conservative Party conference, a court hears.
- MoD shell 'misses target by miles' Mon, 10 Mar 2014 21:19:32 GMT
- The Army suspends live firing on Salisbury Plain while it investigates why a shell apparently flew about five miles off course.
- 'Wide variations' in abuse referrals Mon, 10 Mar 2014 22:02:04 GMT
- There are significant variations across England and Wales in the way police and prosecutors deal with cases of domestic violence, figures show.