"When I get a little money, I buy books. And if there is any left over, I buy food."
—Deciderius Erasmus (1466?-1536) Dutch Renaissance scholar, theologian
- Attacks hit BA, GitHub and Slack Mon, 30 Mar 2015 11:59:12 GMT
- British Airways' Executive Club, the code-sharing site GitHub and the work chat service Slack have all been hit by cyber-attacks.
- Europol chief warns on encryption Sun, 29 Mar 2015 00:38:11 GMT
- A European police chief says encrypted online communications are the biggest problem faced by security agencies tackling terrorism.
- Musicians unite behind Jay Z site Mon, 30 Mar 2015 09:23:43 GMT
- Kanye West, Jack White, Rihanna and Coldplay tweet their support for Jay Z's new streaming site, Tidal, ahead of its launch on Monday night.
- Lil' Chris' 'mental health issues' Mon, 30 Mar 2015 12:06:44 GMT
- A week after the death of singer Lil' Chris, his family said he had "mental health issues" and a "huge personality".
- Solar aeroplane heads for China Sun, 29 Mar 2015 22:07:31 GMT
- Solar Impulse, the fuel-free aeroplane, heads out of Myanmar and on to China on leg five of its attempt to fly around the world.
- Duo begin year-long space trip Sat, 28 Mar 2015 01:53:36 GMT
- US astronaut Scott Kelly and Russian cosmonaut Mikhail Kornienko arrive for a 12-month tour of duty on the International Space Station.
- Guinea declares Ebola 'emergency' Sun, 29 Mar 2015 00:00:41 GMT
- Guinean President Alpha Conde has declared a 45-day "health emergency" in five regions in the west and southwest of the Ebola-hit nation.
- Office workers 'too sedentary' Fri, 27 Mar 2015 01:54:21 GMT
- Office workers need to get up and move around more, according to a new campaign.
- Vettel has aced transition - Coulthard Mon, 30 Mar 2015 09:42:33 GMT
- Sebastian Vettel has handled his transition from Red Bull to Ferrari well, says BBC Sport's David Coulthard.
- Woods drops out of world's top 100 Mon, 30 Mar 2015 06:25:31 GMT
- Former world number one Tiger Woods drops out of the top 100 in the rankings for the first time in his career.
- The beast of the Danube Mon, 23 Mar 2015 01:46:19 GMT
- The Danube salmon's last hunting grounds in Europe can be found in the Balkans - but a rash of dam-building poses a risk to its habitat.
- The men who uncovered Assyria Sun, 22 Mar 2015 00:41:43 GMT
- Islamic State is destroying ancient cities excavated by three remarkable men in the middle of the 19th Century - among them the first Iraqi archaeologist.
- Dickens' desk saved for public view Sun, 29 Mar 2015 02:37:21 GMT
- The desk where Charles Dickens wrote Great Expectations is finally on public display thanks to a £780,000 grant.
- Lord's Father Time damaged by wind Mon, 30 Mar 2015 11:24:07 GMT
- Lord's cricket ground's famous Father Time weather vane is damaged by high winds in London over the weekend.
- South Africa campus statue boarded up Mon, 30 Mar 2015 13:22:16 GMT
- A colonial-era statue of Cecil Rhodes on a South African university campus has been boarded up after student protests.