"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it."
—Julius Henry Marx (1890-1977) [Groucho] American comedian, actor, Horse Feathers, Duck Soup
- Band Aid single storms to number one Sun, 23 Nov 2014 19:59:37 GMT
- Band Aid 30's Do They Know It's Christmas? debuts at number one in the UK singles chart after selling more than 312,000 copies last week.
- One Direction big winners at AMAs Mon, 24 Nov 2014 07:45:22 GMT
- See all the pictures from the American Music Awards as Katy Perry and One Direction both take home three trophies each.
- Climate fund receives $9.3bn pledge Thu, 20 Nov 2014 12:39:16 GMT
- Thirty nations meeting in Berlin have pledged $9.3bn (£6bn) for a fund to help developing countries cut emissions and prepare for climate change.
- Embrace the arts, engineers told Fri, 21 Nov 2014 12:00:25 GMT
- Engineering needs to emphasise its creative side to encourage more young people to take it up as a career, says a leading member of the profession.
- Ebola 'stable' in Guinea - WHO Sat, 22 Nov 2014 15:33:53 GMT
- The deadly Ebola outbreak is now "stable" in Guinea, the country where the latest crisis began, the World Health Organization says.
- Female bosses 'more depressed' Thu, 20 Nov 2014 16:59:57 GMT
- Women with job authority are more likely than men to display symptoms of depression, according to research in the US.
- This is just the start - Hamilton Mon, 24 Nov 2014 08:03:30 GMT
- Lewis Hamilton says winning his second world title will be the start of a run of success for himself and team Mercedes.
- Messi is 'greatest in history' Mon, 24 Nov 2014 08:46:48 GMT
- Barcelona's Lionel Messi is "the greatest player in football history", says club president Josep Maria Bartomeu.
- The parents refusing to vaccinate their children against polio Sun, 23 Nov 2014 00:03:33 GMT
- As the number of polio cases in Pakistan rises above 200 for the first time in nearly 15 years, Shaimaa Khalil finds out why people don't want their children vaccinated.
- Is winning 100 caps still a big deal? Sat, 22 Nov 2014 00:11:40 GMT
- Wayne Rooney recently became the ninth English footballer to win 100 caps but is it easier to do this now than it was a generation ago?
- Police in toastie mercy dash Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:39:56 GMT
- Officers in New Zealand come to the rescue of a distressed woman who hadn't eaten for three days.
- Writing lessons give way to typing Fri, 21 Nov 2014 15:25:46 GMT
- Finnish students will no longer be taught joined-up handwriting, and will get typing lessons instead.
- 'Boko Haram' kills Nigeria fishermen Sun, 23 Nov 2014 13:43:44 GMT
- Islamist militants from Nigeria's Boko Haram kill 48 fishermen in an attack near the border with Chad, reports from the area say.
- China swimmer Sun Yang 'was banned' Mon, 24 Nov 2014 07:49:50 GMT
- Chinese Olympics champion swimmer Sun Yang was banned for three months earlier this year after failing a drugs test, state media report.
- MH17 wreckage leaves rebel Ukraine Mon, 24 Nov 2014 01:28:50 GMT
- Debris from the Malaysia's Flight MH17 arrives from rebel-held areas near the crash site in east Ukraine to the government-held city of Kharkiv.