"Thank you for sending me a copy of your book - I'll waste no time reading it."
—Moses Hadas (1900-66)
- Airlines change cockpit procedures Thu, 26 Mar 2015 22:44:26 GMT
- Airlines across the world have begun requiring two crew members to always be present in the cockpit, in the wake of the French Alps crash.
- Safari users win right to sue Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:25:12 GMT
- Google loses Court of Appeal bid to stop consumers having right to sue in UK over alleged misuse of privacy settings.
- PayPal fined for illegal payments Thu, 26 Mar 2015 15:34:53 GMT
- PayPal agrees a £5.1m payout over allegations it allowed payments from accounts deemed enemies of the state by the US government.
- Downton Abbey to end after six series Thu, 26 Mar 2015 16:47:49 GMT
- The next season of ITV's period drama Downton Abbey will be its last, its makers announce.
- Oscars producers not back next year Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:14:03 GMT
- Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, who have produced the last three Academy Awards, will not be returning for next year's Oscars.
- River health revealed in 'shocking' figures Thu, 26 Mar 2015 19:47:24 GMT
- Just 17% of England's rivers are judged to be in good health, according to "shocking" Environment Agency figures.
- 'Cat litter mix' closed nuclear site Fri, 27 Mar 2015 01:35:25 GMT
- A team of experts says a mixture that included organic cat litter forced the closure of the only underground nuclear waste repository in the US.
- Fitness linked to lower cancer risk Fri, 27 Mar 2015 01:44:31 GMT
- Very fit men in their late 40s are less likely to get lung cancer and colorectal cancer than unfit men, a study in JAMA Oncology suggests.
- First Europe non-beating heart swap Thu, 26 Mar 2015 20:38:39 GMT
- Surgeons in Cambridgeshire perform the first heart transplant in Europe using a non-beating heart.
- Hamilton quickest despite problems Fri, 27 Mar 2015 07:54:24 GMT
- Mercedes' world champion Lewis Hamilton sets fastest time in second practice despite a series of technical problems.
- Sharapova suffers shock Miami exit Fri, 27 Mar 2015 07:14:14 GMT
- Maria Sharapova suffers a surprise second-round defeat at the Miami Open but Caroline Wozniacki goes through.
- The beast of the Danube Mon, 23 Mar 2015 01:46:19 GMT
- The Danube salmon's last hunting grounds in Europe can be found in the Balkans - but a rash of dam-building poses a risk to its habitat.
- The men who uncovered Assyria Sun, 22 Mar 2015 00:41:43 GMT
- Islamic State is destroying ancient cities excavated by three remarkable men in the middle of the 19th Century - among them the first Iraqi archaeologist.
- Bulgaria buskers 'must be qualified' Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:39:43 GMT
- Bulgaria's second city decides buskers must have a formal music qualification to play in the city's central areas.
- Cannabis farm found in Palermo sewer Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:11:39 GMT
- Police in the Italian city of Palermo find a cannabis farm in a sewer system beneath a residential street.