"It does not matter how many books you have, but how good the books are which you have."
—Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC?-AD 65) [The Younger] Roman Stoic philosopher, writer, tutor
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Tue, 29 Jul 2014 14:36:22 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Turkish PM scores football hat-trick Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:28:06 GMT
- Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has scored three goals in an exhibition match to open a new stadium in Istanbul.
- VIDEO: Trying to return MH17 victims home Tue, 29 Jul 2014 05:32:16 GMT
- A team of Dutch forensic investigators will again try to access the Malaysia Airlines wreckage site in eastern Ukraine.
- VIDEO: War nightmares of Syrian children Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:25:21 GMT
- Millions of Syrian children are caught up in the conflict
- VIDEO: The facts about global travel Sun, 27 Jul 2014 23:11:12 GMT
- BBC News looks at the facts about global travel.
- Eggshells may act like 'sunblock' Tue, 29 Jul 2014 01:17:10 GMT
- Birds' eggs show adaptations in pigment concentration and thickness to allow the right amount of sun for embryos, scientists say.
- Gherkin skyscraper put up for sale Tue, 29 Jul 2014 09:56:02 GMT
- London's Gherkin skyscraper is put up for sale, with interest expected from Chinese, other Asian, and US buyers.
- BP warns of Russia sanctions risk Tue, 29 Jul 2014 11:29:28 GMT
- Oil giant BP reports a rise in second quarter profits to $3.2bn (£1.9bn), but warns that further economic sanctions against Russia could affect its business.
- Microsoft in China anti-trust probe Tue, 29 Jul 2014 10:55:49 GMT
- An anti-monopoly investigation into US technology giant Microsoft is launched by Chinese authorities.
- Android ID flaw exposes smartphones Tue, 29 Jul 2014 13:00:30 GMT
- A security firm warns of a flaw in the way Android ID checks apps that puts thousands of smartphones and tablets at risk.
- Police placing ads on piracy sites Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:04:02 GMT
- The City of London police has started placing banner advertisements on websites believed to be offering pirated content illegally.
- Anderson 'stellar' in Streetcar Tue, 29 Jul 2014 10:36:43 GMT
- Critics say Gillian Anderson gives the performance of her career in A Streetcar Named Desire at London's Young Vic.
- Apes continue reign in UK cinemas Tue, 29 Jul 2014 14:18:56 GMT
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes has easily held on to the top spot in the UK and Ireland box office in its second week of release.
- MPs bicker over climate report Tue, 29 Jul 2014 06:53:42 GMT
- Despite dissent, MPs have endorsed the findings of a UN climate panel that says humans are the dominant cause of global warming.
- How faces drive first impressions Mon, 28 Jul 2014 19:23:36 GMT
- UK scientists model the physical attributes that underpin our social judgements about strangers.