"If God kills, lies, cheats, discriminates, and otherwise behaves in a manner that puts the Mafia to shame, that's Okay, he's God. He can do whatever he wants. Anyone who adheres to this philosophy has had his sense of morality, decency, justice and humaneness warped beyond recognition by the very book that is supposedly preaching the opposite."
- VIDEO: Typhoon street re-builds one month on Mon, 09 Dec 2013 09:58:32 GMT
- Four weeks ago a typhoon ripped through the city of Tacloban in the Philippines, claiming lives, destroying homes and ruining livelihoods.
- VIDEO: Priests bless riot police in Kiev Mon, 09 Dec 2013 14:30:33 GMT
- Ukraine's president has issued a statement agreeing to round-table talks with the opposition after two weeks of mass demonstrations.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Mon, 09 Dec 2013 12:00:56 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: VW Kombi: The end of the road Mon, 09 Dec 2013 08:05:00 GMT
- Volkswagen is to stop making the Kombi and a motoring era is coming to an end.
- VIDEO: Singapore bus death sparks riot Mon, 09 Dec 2013 01:15:02 GMT
- Police in Singapore have made 27 arrests after hundreds of people took part in a riot sparked by the death of an Indian national.
- VIDEO: Deadly train collision in Indonesia Mon, 09 Dec 2013 07:12:39 GMT
- A commuter train has collided with a truck carrying gas canisters in Indonesia's capital, Jakarta.
- VIDEO: Techno toys climb the Christmas list Mon, 09 Dec 2013 10:53:27 GMT
- Toys are increasingly being marketed for adults as well as children and with Christmas approaching, it is predicted to be an exceptionally profitable year for manufacturers.
- EADS plans up to 6,000 job cuts Mon, 09 Dec 2013 13:46:16 GMT
- Aerospace and defence giant EADS is planning up to 6,000 job cuts as a fall governments' military spending begins to bite.
- Bank of France ups growth forecast Mon, 09 Dec 2013 14:53:29 GMT
- The French economy will grow by 0.5% in the final three months of the year, says the country's central bank.
- Facebook develops 'sympathise' button Mon, 09 Dec 2013 13:57:25 GMT
- Facebook develops a "sympathise" button that users could click instead of the "like" button.
- VIDEO: The minute before we knew Fri, 06 Dec 2013 16:30:10 GMT
- #BBCtrending looks at the intense activity on social media in the 60 seconds before Nelson Mandela's death was officially announced by South African President Jacob Zuma.
- Frozen snowballs Hunger Games in US Mon, 09 Dec 2013 10:40:41 GMT
- Disney animation Frozen topples Hunger Games: Catching Fire on the US box office chart in its second week of release.
- Manila crime caper is top indie film Mon, 09 Dec 2013 03:47:42 GMT
- Metro Manila, a crime caper set in the Philippines, is named best film and picks up two other honours at the British Independent Film Awards.
- Gene-testing company 'here to stay' Mon, 09 Dec 2013 10:08:06 GMT
- Personal-genetics company 23andMe says it is "not going anywhere", after the Food and Drug Administration ordered it to stop marketing-spit testing kits.
- Schools 'making gender bias worse' Mon, 09 Dec 2013 01:37:37 GMT
- Half of the mixed state-funded schools in England reinforce gender imbalances in terms of subjects students study at A-level, research shows.