"All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned--the biggest word of all--look."
—Robert (L.) Fulghum (b. 1937) American writer, author
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Wed, 03 Sep 2014 00:08:57 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Beauty queen refuses to return crown Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:13:28 GMT
- Myanmar's first ever beauty queen has refused to give back her $100,000 (£60,300) crown after being dethroned.
- VIDEO: The most future-proof profession? Mon, 01 Sep 2014 23:01:16 GMT
- BBC News talks to Ian Lowe, a blacksmith who teaches other people an ancient art he believes to be future-proof.
- VIDEO: China's museum of roast duck Mon, 01 Sep 2014 23:58:25 GMT
- In 2013 China had a new museum open almost every day of the year on average, resulting in some slightly bizarre attractions
- VIDEO: Footage of powerful solar flares Mon, 01 Sep 2014 01:44:43 GMT
- The US Space Agency Nasa has released new footage showing a series of powerful solar flares.
- All diets 'have similar results' Wed, 03 Sep 2014 00:23:52 GMT
- All diets - from Atkins to Weight Watchers - have similar results and people should simply pick the one they find easiest, say researchers.
- Thieving monkey hands out money Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:20:01 GMT
- A monkey in the northern Indian state of Himachal Pradesh steals money from a home and rains down banknotes on people, reports say.
- Fukushima workers sue over pay Wed, 03 Sep 2014 02:58:38 GMT
- A group of workers decommissioning the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant sue its operator Tepco over unpaid hazard wages.
- UK moves up global economic ranking Tue, 02 Sep 2014 23:01:17 GMT
- The UK edges up the World Economic Forum's worldwide rankings, but the group warns that the health of the global economy is at risk.
- Gamers take a stand against misogyny Tue, 02 Sep 2014 17:35:55 GMT
- Thousands have signed an open letter demanding change after a female video blogger received death threats.
- Uber banned across Germany by court Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:57:12 GMT
- A court says the UberPop service must stop transporting passengers in Germany, but the American company refuses to suspend work.
- Police 'incompetence' over Sir Cliff Tue, 02 Sep 2014 17:42:06 GMT
- South Yorkshire Police are accused of "sheer incompetence" by MPs in the way they dealt with the BBC over a search of Sir Cliff Richard's home.
- Justin Bieber charged with assault Tue, 02 Sep 2014 16:41:13 GMT
- Canadian pop star Justin Bieber is charged with assault and dangerous driving after crashing his quad bike into a minivan.
- Monkey leaders have different brains Tue, 02 Sep 2014 18:16:48 GMT
- Neuroscientists discover that primate brains show consistent differences according social status
- Africa's farmers face failed seasons Tue, 02 Sep 2014 13:12:35 GMT
- African farmers face 'failed seasons' risk as a result of being overwhelmed by climate change, warns a status report on the continent's agriculture.