"It does not matter how many books you have, but how good the books are which you have."
—Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC?-AD 65) [The Younger] Roman Stoic philosopher, writer, tutor
- VIDEO: Calls for Indonesia not to execute Tue, 28 Apr 2015 05:06:52 GMT
- France and Australia have condemned the death penalty as executions for three of their nationals looms in Indonesia.
- VIDEO: 'Constant fighting every single day' Mon, 27 Apr 2015 16:17:49 GMT
- A resident of an apartment block on the edge of Donetsk, which has been heavily shelled, says there is "constant fighting, every single day".
- VIDEO: North America by rail and sea Tue, 28 Apr 2015 02:05:14 GMT
- Canadian photographer Scott Conarroe looks to the railways and the coastline to understand America and Canada.
- VIDEO: Kidnapped women speak about ordeal Mon, 27 Apr 2015 13:11:33 GMT
- Gina DeJesus and Amanda Berry have given their first British TV interview to Newsnight's Kirsty Wark.
- VIDEO: Thousands march in Burundi protests Mon, 27 Apr 2015 22:25:38 GMT
- People in Burundi are continuing to protest over the president's plan to run for a third term.
- Abe and Obama: Trade top of the agenda Mon, 27 Apr 2015 23:29:31 GMT
- As Shinzo Abe sets out on a week-long trip to the US, it will be the progress made by the Japanese PM and US President Barack Obama on a trade deal that is top of the agenda.
- Countdown to Iran nuclear deal - but resistance remains Tue, 28 Apr 2015 00:49:37 GMT
- A historic Iran nuclear deal is now within reach - but it's still uncertain whether a rare chance to resolve a major security challenge of our time through diplomacy will be grasped, says the BBC's Lyse Doucet.
- Could Australia's migrant policy work in Europe? Mon, 27 Apr 2015 09:54:09 GMT
- As thousands of migrants drown trying to make their way to Europe, Owen Bennett-Jones asks if Australia's tough approach to unauthorised migrants could work in the EU.
- Hong Kong electoral change explained Tue, 28 Apr 2015 02:23:38 GMT
- Why are people in Hong Kong protesting against proposed electoral changes?
- Does digital mean the end of history? Sun, 26 Apr 2015 23:41:51 GMT
- Has the digital transformation of society put the future of recorded history in jeopardy? Could we be heading for a "digital dark age"?
- Why Nepal is so vulnerable to quakes Sat, 25 Apr 2015 10:36:00 GMT
- The Magnitude 7.8 Nepal earthquake has occurred in what is one of the most seismically active regions in the world.
- VIDEO: Chernobyl fox makes sandwich Mon, 27 Apr 2015 19:22:46 GMT
- A fox in Chernobyl has made a large sandwich using cold meats and bread fed to him by a radio crew in the area.
- Woman denied $41.8m jackpot payout Mon, 27 Apr 2015 10:59:35 GMT
- A 90-year-old woman is denied a $41.8m (£27.6m) penny slot machine bonus after the casino blames it on a computer error.
- Apple returns more cash to investors Mon, 27 Apr 2015 22:11:10 GMT
- Technology giant Apple reports profits of $13.6bn for the first three months of 2015, and details plans to return more money to investors.
- The end of the 'bank' holiday? Mon, 27 Apr 2015 23:21:43 GMT
- They are the very definition of a public holiday. But the 144 year-old tradition of banks closing to guarantee everyone a day off may be on the way out.