"Wisdom is perishable. Unlike information or knowledge, it cannot be stored in a computer or recorded in a book. It expires with each passing generation."
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Wed, 22 Oct 2014 04:36:14 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Doctor on sister's Ebola death Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:48:33 GMT
- Dr Olivet Buck died after contracting Ebola while treating patients in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
- VIDEO: New smart glasses 'look to rival Google' Tue, 21 Oct 2014 08:25:58 GMT
- BBC Click's Marc Cieslak looks at the smart glasses on show at the annual Ceatec electronics exhibition in Japan.
- VIDEO: Halal lipstick launches in India Tue, 21 Oct 2014 04:49:00 GMT
- Religious women in India who want to wear make-up no longer have to struggle to find products that suit their faith.
- AUDIO: Nigeria's vibrant media industry Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:37:15 GMT
- How Nigeria's media industry could become one of the world's most vibrant
- S Korea takes down 'Christmas tree' Wed, 22 Oct 2014 05:42:33 GMT
- South Korea takes down 'Christmas tree'
- Tractor beam breaks distance record Tue, 21 Oct 2014 14:40:57 GMT
- Scientists have turned a laser into a reversible "tractor beam" that can repel or attract objects.
- 'Negligence' behind Total boss death Tue, 21 Oct 2014 17:45:09 GMT
- Russian investigators say "criminal negligence" caused the crash that killed the boss of oil firm Total and the three crew members of his private jet.
- Microsoft boss gets $84m pay package Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:15:40 GMT
- Microsoft boss Satya Nadella has been given a pay package worth $84.3m, making him one of the top earners in the tech industry.
- Audi claims self-drive speed record Tue, 21 Oct 2014 12:29:19 GMT
- Audi says one of its self-drive test cars topped 149mph (240km/h) at a race track in Germany, beating a human-driven version.
- Students build Oculus Moon robot Tue, 21 Oct 2014 14:26:05 GMT
- US team develop a robot that can send back live pictures from the Moon as part of attempt to win Google's Lunar X-Prize.
- Ambassador demands Top Gear apology Tue, 21 Oct 2014 16:55:10 GMT
- The Argentine ambassador to the UK calls for the BBC to make a public apology following the row over an edition of Top Gear filmed in the South American country.
- Protests against controversial opera Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:18:52 GMT
- Politicians including former Mayor Rudy Giuliani protest against controversial opera The Death of Klinghoffer.
- Slumbering lions win top photo prize Wed, 22 Oct 2014 00:24:49 GMT
- A black and white image of lions resting on a rock outcrop in the Serengeti has won the 2014 Wildlife Photographer of the Year award.
- Pesticide bans 'could hit UK crops' Tue, 21 Oct 2014 12:19:57 GMT
- The EU's decision to ban the use of some pesticides could threaten UK crops, increase food prices and hit farmers' profits, a report claims.