"Wherever they burn books, they will also, in the end, burn people."
—Heinrich Heine (1797-1856) German writer, romantic poet, social essays
- AUDIO: 'Don't praise struggling pupils' Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:26:40 GMT
- Popular teaching practices "harmful to students' learning".
- VIDEO: Inside India bank robbers' tunnel Thu, 30 Oct 2014 14:01:38 GMT
- Indian police are hunting for thieves who tunnelled into a bank and fled with valuables worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- VIDEO: Wong's journey from Hollywood to Asia Fri, 31 Oct 2014 06:38:10 GMT
- China's box office has been raking in more than $3bn since last year, which is why Hollywood actor Russell Wong finds himself working more in Asia than in LA.
- VIDEO: Becoming a mother at 70 in India Thu, 30 Oct 2014 10:01:41 GMT
- The BBC's Divya Arya reports from India, where women of 60 and 70 are becoming mothers for the first time.
- VIDEO: On the buses with Prince Harry Thu, 30 Oct 2014 19:01:46 GMT
- Prince Harry meets supporters of the British Legion's London Poppy Day Appeal at Buckingham Palace.
- How much can UK campaign hurt IS? Fri, 31 Oct 2014 01:12:03 GMT
- The UK has signed up to limited strategic military action in Iraq against Islamic State - and there are questions over its ability to do much more, says Jonathan Marcus.
- Fashion challenge for Apple's Ive Fri, 31 Oct 2014 00:13:32 GMT
- Can Apple design guru Jony Ive turn the smartwatch into a hit?
- The price of peace in Colombia Fri, 31 Oct 2014 01:19:17 GMT
- As peace talks between the Colombian government and Farc rebels enter their third year, Vanessa Buschschluter asks what a peaceful Colombia would look like.
- VIDEO: What happened to TV cameras in court? Fri, 31 Oct 2014 01:18:07 GMT
- It has been one year since TV cameras started rolling in the Court of Appeal. But what has happened since? Legal Correspondent Clive Coleman investigates.
- French town bans clowns after scares Fri, 31 Oct 2014 11:08:23 GMT
- French town bans clowns after violent incidents
- Lavish praise 'does not help pupils' Fri, 31 Oct 2014 00:46:01 GMT
- Teachers who try to encourage low-achieving students with lots of praise could harm their learning, claims research into classroom tactics.
- BA owner upgrades profit forecast Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:49:14 GMT
- The parent company of British Airways, IAG, upgrades its profit forecast after it reports a 30% rise in third quarter profits.
- VIDEO: BBC World News business headlines Tue, 28 Oct 2014 19:33:04 GMT
- The latest international business headlines from BBC World News.
- Pirate Bay founder faces jail term Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:52:50 GMT
- Pirate Bay co-founder Gottfrid Warg could face a lengthy prison sentence after being found guilty of hacking into Danish computers.
- Big firms 'must condemn GamerGate' Wed, 29 Oct 2014 23:59:47 GMT
- Games publishers must "stand-up and condemn" the movement referred to as "GamerGate", says a developer forced to leave her home due to threats.