"Gaylord Perry and Willie McCovey should know each other like a book. They've been ex-teammates for years now."
—Jerry Coleman San Diego Padres announcer
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:36:24 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Iran nuclear deal 'within months' Sun, 09 Mar 2014 23:32:20 GMT
- The Iranian foreign minister has told the visiting EU foreign policy chief, Catherine Ashton, that a nuclear deal could come in the next four months.
- VIDEO: UN's food worries for Syrians Sun, 09 Mar 2014 18:37:19 GMT
- The World Food Programme says it has a serious funding shortfall for its work in Syria.
- AUDIO: Great white shark heading for UK Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:51:45 GMT
- A great white shark could become the first of its species to cross the Atlantic ocean.
- VIDEO: Biden comments anger Venezuela Mon, 10 Mar 2014 07:49:11 GMT
- Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has reacted angrily to comments made by US Vice President Joe Biden about ongoing protests in the country.
- VIDEO: Japanese astronaut takes ISS command Mon, 10 Mar 2014 02:30:28 GMT
- Koichi Wakata is the first Japanese astronaut in history to take up the post of commander on the International Space Station
- Missing flood fish found in puddle Sun, 09 Mar 2014 14:02:31 GMT
- A metre-long fish that escaped from an aquatic centre during recent floods is recovered from a puddle at a local car wash.
- Japan in record deficit, growth slows Mon, 10 Mar 2014 01:49:53 GMT
- Japan's current account deficit hits a record 1.5tn yen ($15bn; £8.7bn) in January, as economic growth figures are revised downwards.
- World's largest banana firm created Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:51:33 GMT
- Irish fruit firm Fyffes and US rival Chiquita are to merge, creating the world's largest banana company.
- Hackers steal data from MtGox boss Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:16:25 GMT
- Hackers have taken over the web accounts of the boss of troubled Bitcoin exchange MtGox and published data they found.
- Trust in the internet 'now missing' Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:58:18 GMT
- European Commission vice-president Neelie Kroes says that for billions of people around the world trust in the internet is "now missing".
- Jude and Judi up for Olivier Awards Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:48:01 GMT
- Dame Judi Dench and Jude Law are among the nominees in the running for this year's Olivier Awards, one of the most high-profile events in the UK theatre calendar.
- BBC to argue for rise in licence fee Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:26:59 GMT
- A report into how the BBC is funded recommends arguing for the licence fee to be pegged to inflation, instead of the current freeze.
- App set to map the oceans' plankton Mon, 10 Mar 2014 07:51:26 GMT
- A study calls on the world’s sailors and seafarers to help map the oceans’ phytoplankton, microscopic plants that form the bedrock of marine food chains.
- Great Walls 'could stop tornadoes' Sat, 08 Mar 2014 03:27:49 GMT
- Building gigantic walls across the US could protect Tornado Alley "forever", a physicist says, though critics say the idea is unworkable.