"A classic is a book which people praise and don't read."
—Mark Twain (1835-1910) [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] American author, humorist
- VIDEO: NBA brings basketball stars to Cuba Sat, 25 Apr 2015 00:58:53 GMT
- The NBA becomes the first American sports organisation to visit Cuba since the two countries began to restore diplomatic ties.
- VIDEO: Insecure borders of struggling Libya Fri, 24 Apr 2015 21:18:37 GMT
- Quentin Sommerville reports on Libya's struggle for stability, four years after the fall of Muammar Gaddafi.
- Justice for historical crimes Sat, 25 Apr 2015 00:01:05 GMT
- The trial of Oskar Groening raises the question of whether it is always necessary and right to prosecute such crimes after so many years.
- Africa blog: Islamic State strengthens ties with Boko Haram Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:08:54 GMT
- The Islamic State (IS) has released a new video, eulogising Nigeria's Boko Haram, in the latest sign of closer ties between the two militant groups.
- Clinton cash questions over Russian deal Thu, 23 Apr 2015 20:17:57 GMT
- New investigations into Clinton family finances reveal possible conflicts of interest - but is there fire behind the smoke?
- How do drone strikes go wrong? Fri, 24 Apr 2015 13:34:19 GMT
- After two individuals, Warren Weinstein and Giovanni Lo Porto, are killed in a raid, questions are raised about US counterterrorism.
- Will Togo vote end family dynasty? Thu, 23 Apr 2015 10:23:54 GMT
- President Faure Gnassingbe of Togo seeks to prolong his family's 48-year rule in elections on Saturday.
- It's time: Apple delivers the Watch Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:18:05 GMT
- As Apple begins deliveries of its much anticipated smartwatch, four experts weigh up the impact it might have.
- Mango-thrower gets presidential flat Sat, 25 Apr 2015 02:23:13 GMT
- Venezuela's President Maduro allocates a woman a flat, after she hits him on the head with a mango.
- VIDEO: Couple plan to be oldest newlyweds Sat, 25 Apr 2015 06:47:09 GMT
- Two elderly lovebirds from East Sussex are set to become the world's oldest newlyweds when they tie the knot in June.
- Nasdaq and S&P 500 at record highs Fri, 24 Apr 2015 20:49:50 GMT
- The Nasdaq and S&P 500 close at new record highs after US tech firms report strong first quarter profits.
- Comcast ends Time Warner Cable deal Fri, 24 Apr 2015 16:08:06 GMT
- US cable giant Comcast abandons its planned $45bn purchase of Time Warner Cable after failing to convince regulators the deal would not harm competition.
- Ellen Pao faces $1m legal bill Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:05:37 GMT
- The woman who challenged sexism in Silicon Valley now faces a $1m legal bill unless she agrees not to appeal.
- Rail upgrade 'raises hack risks' Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:35:30 GMT
- A government adviser warns that a new hi-tech rail signalling system could be hacked by terrorists to cause train crashes.
- US child star 'takes own life' Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:29:11 GMT
- Sawyer Sweeten, the child star of hit US show Everybody Loves Raymond, takes his own life at his family home in Texas.