"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it."
—Julius Henry Marx (1890-1977) [Groucho] American comedian, actor, Horse Feathers, Duck Soup
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Tue, 03 Mar 2015 15:54:27 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Shanty town in Manila burns Tue, 03 Mar 2015 00:38:13 GMT
- More than 400 homes have gone up in a flames in a shanty town in the Philippine capital of Manila.
- VIDEO: Chinese treasures stolen in France Mon, 02 Mar 2015 23:52:01 GMT
- More than a dozen artefacts have been stolen from a Chinese museum near Paris, including a replica of the King of Siam's crown that was given to Napoleon III.
- VIDEO: BBC retraces Selma rights march Mon, 02 Mar 2015 21:57:15 GMT
- America is closing in on the 50th anniversary of one of the seminal moments of the country's civil rights movement, the march from Selma to Montgomery.
- VIDEO: Japan seeks to reboot innovation Mon, 02 Mar 2015 20:39:49 GMT
- Mariko Oi reports from Japan on the country's quest to rediscover its innovative spirit with "game-changing" products.
- Could Clinton emails shake up 2016 race? Tue, 03 Mar 2015 17:22:14 GMT
- Hillary Clinton relied exclusively on a personal email account during her time as secretary of state. Is this the kind of "unforced error" that could puncture her air of inevitability?
- Can regional force defeat Boko Haram? Tue, 03 Mar 2015 15:56:37 GMT
- Thomas Fessy looks at whether the regional task force has a fighting chance against Nigeria's Boko Haram militant group.
- Signs of strain for European Union Tue, 03 Mar 2015 01:38:48 GMT
- Our new Europe editor on strains showing inside the EU
- Netanyahu's speech 'win-win' for Iran Tue, 03 Mar 2015 01:32:34 GMT
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's speech to Congress is a strategic moment for Tehran, says the BBC's Jonathan Marcus.
- VIDEO: How much coffee is good for you? Tue, 03 Mar 2015 17:45:30 GMT
- BBC News asks whether coffee really is healthy after a study appeared to show that moderate consumption may help people avoid heart disease.
- What next for Russia's opposition? Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:33:07 GMT
- It is time for the Kremlin's opponents to stop jostling for primacy and let the Russian people take the lead, writes Konstantin von Eggert.
- VIDEO: How strong is Iraq's army? Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:23:17 GMT
- Iraq's army is battling an jihadist insurgency - but how strong is the force?
- 'Spocking' not illegal, Canada says Tue, 03 Mar 2015 17:11:39 GMT
- The Bank of Canada announces that tribute pictures of Leonard Nimoy's Spock on bank notes is not against the law.
- Weasel rides on woodpecker's back Tue, 03 Mar 2015 13:33:09 GMT
- An amateur photographer captures the image of a weasel riding on the back of a green woodpecker as it flies through the air.
- Fiat boss wary over tech challenge Tue, 03 Mar 2015 16:40:56 GMT
- The traditional motor industry would be foolish to ignore moves by Google and Apple into car technology, says Fiat-Chrysler boss Sergio Marchionne.