"A good book has no ending."
—R. D. Cumming
- VIDEO: Iraqis 'helping fight Syrian holy war' Mon, 20 May 2013 09:38:07 GMT
- The BBC has seen evidence that the Syrian regime is getting support from Shia fighters crossing into the country from Iraq.
- VIDEO: The future Ethiopia only dreamed of Mon, 20 May 2013 12:58:57 GMT
- George Alagiah reports on how Ethiopia has overcome adversity and is now showing some of the fastest growth rates in the world.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Tue, 21 May 2013 09:37:21 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Will Israel bomb Iran? Mon, 20 May 2013 23:28:31 GMT
- Middle East editor Jeremy Bowen explores what might happen if Iran continues with its nuclear programme.
- VIDEO: Toilet paper shortage in Venezuela Mon, 20 May 2013 17:45:57 GMT
- The government of Venezuela is trying to import 50 million rolls of toilet paper before supermarket shelves run out of stock.
- VIDEO: Rwandan Congo proxy claims 'ridiculous' Mon, 20 May 2013 14:16:27 GMT
- Rwandan President Paul Kagame dismisses allegations that his country has used proxy forces in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- VIDEO: Evita's memorabilia goes on tour Mon, 20 May 2013 17:41:52 GMT
- An exhibition of personal memorabilia which belonged to the Argentine icon Eva Peron is going on tour in a number of Latin American countries.
- Tumblr 'will boost Yahoo revenue' Mon, 20 May 2013 20:21:50 GMT
- Yahoo says its $1.1bn (£723m) purchase of blogging platform Tumblr will boost its revenue as soon as 2014.
- Vodafone sales hit by European slump Tue, 21 May 2013 07:27:14 GMT
- Vodafone's full-year sales slip for the first time in eight years as tough economic conditions in Europe take their toll on customers.
- Ex-Nokia team makes rival smartphone Mon, 20 May 2013 16:08:18 GMT
- A smartphone created by former Nokia employees is unveiled ahead of its release later this year.
- Ant abilities could aid robot design Tue, 21 May 2013 06:49:23 GMT
- A study showing how ants tunnel their way through confined spaces could aid the design of search and rescue robots, say scientists.
- Eric and Ernie's writer Braben dies Tue, 21 May 2013 09:34:34 GMT
- Eddie Braben, the writer behind comedy duo Morecombe and Wise, dies aged 82.
- BBC Young Musician launches Jazz Award Tue, 21 May 2013 07:12:03 GMT
- The BBC Young Musician of the year launches its 2014 talent search, which includes a new Jazz Award.
- Vaccine developed for farm disease Mon, 20 May 2013 23:08:26 GMT
- A vaccine to protect sheep and cattle from a livestock virus spread by midges has been approved by government vets.
- UK astronaut given station date Mon, 20 May 2013 08:26:51 GMT
- UK astronaut Tim Peake is to fly to the International Space Station, launching on a Soyuz rocket in November or December 2015.